Which film franchise should get it's own board on the Hype?

I've seen so many people try to differentiate why some characters get message boards and others don't. Why does Batman have a board and not Bond? Why does Transformers have a board and not The Incredible Hulk?

Which franchise do you think deserves a board? Hopefully this isn't disrespectful to the mods!

Damn, I forgot to include James Bond and that's the one I most wanted to include. I wish we could mod our polls.

Bond's been added. :up:

Star Trek and The Hobbit.

Some boards appear for a better organization of talking about things and I really think more organization for those film/s would really help.

That said STAR WARS should too soon with a whole new franchise starting up.

Star Trek and The Hobbit.

Some boards appear for a better organization of talking about things and I really think more organization for those film/s would really help.

That said STAR WARS should too soon with a whole new franchise starting up.

Star Wars already has one.

Trek. If Star Wars has one, I think Star Trek needs one as well.

Something Else:
I always imagined with the SuperHeroHype tending to showcase the post-Superman comic book heroes the most, a more PulpHyeroHype specif board could do well here.
Featuring existing movies and potential movies which use the heroes of the decades preceding the advent of the "SuperHero", the ProtoSuperheroes right before Superman.
More specifically those from the Pulps, Radio, Dime Novels, and comics strips. Many who have already been featured in early movie serials, some who have had revivals, and others with still potential in the works.
Tarzan, John Carter, Doc Savage, The Avenger, The Shadow, The Green Hornet, Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Dick Tracy, Lone Ranger, Zorro, The Spider, Conan, Solomon Kane, and other new ones made in that mold Rocketeer, etc...
There's many that fit this category, and don't fit the Superhero DC Marvel or Misc. Comic categories, and often get burried in the Misc. Film category where they mostly come up.
I think together as a category onto themselves, they can generate some buzz here.

Last edited:
I voted none of the above. At some point this becomes a a less-focused version of what the site is really supposed to be. Bond only previously had a forum because of studio licensing, I believe. Star Wars is such a monster that it probably is justified. There's always a plethora of discussion for that franchise. Some like myself don't give two ***** about the EU and cartoons, which really clogged up the thread in the Misc. Films forum. It's also going to be cranking out movies for quite some time. Other than that, I don't think anything deserves it yet. Hell, I don't think the Ninja Turtle board should be there. I think there are tumbleweeds in the code over there. G.I. Joe is another that could probably go down to only one thread per movie in the Misc. Comic Films forum.

Hold up now, the turtles totally deserve to have their own board.

Bond for sure. There's 23 films worth of discussion.

Bond's been added. :up:

You!

...are a dear! :yay: Thanks.

I would love a Bond forum and I can see the use of a Pacific Rim thread because there's so much I want to talk about which we can't really deal with properly in one thread.

Plus, they both feature heroes in a massive way, have a huge amount of traffic and will be talked about for years to come!

Hell, I don't think the Ninja Turtle board should be there. I think there are tumbleweeds in the code over there. G.I. Joe is another that could probably go down to only one thread per movie in the Misc. Comic Films forum.

:applaud

I completely agree!

Fantastic Four and Incredible Hulk once their films are anounced, Harry Potter should get one if Rowling decides to make more books and WB adapts them into films, Middle Earth and James Bond seem like the most obvious choices.

I wouldn't mind one for Star Trek either

sherlock holmes me thinks should get one with current film franchise and current tv show and many past incarnations and future ones

Oh wow,never knew there were alot of turtle haters here, but then again thats what fanboys are, a bunch of haters.

I say these should get their own forums of the ones above:

Fantastic Four - Goes without saying.
Middle Earth - the mythology of it makes it worthy of one,
Star Trek - If Star Wars has it, then Star Trek should have one.
James Bond - there are 5, 6 active threads in the misc. film thread already on Bond.

Hulk should get one once there's an official movie in the works, or at least when the forever in talks TV show starts heating up.

If mods can make forums for things like Survivor and the hype awards, they should make one for these movies.

Last edited:
James Bond and Star Trek deserve their sections, their universe is so huge, and have enough fans to warrant it

@Everyone thinking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles doesn't need it's own subforum: They have a rich expansive universe, all their comics, animation, films and games, plus they are -as Bamf said- heroes and are super, and a lot know about Michael Bay's project with them

Oh wow,never knew there were alot of turtle haters here, but then again thats what fanboys are, a bunch of haters.

Hahaha, and you're not a fanboy? Please, the fact that you seem like you're crying about it and come to it's defense like some kind of cheerleader says you're a fanboy too.

I actually like the Ninja Turtles, I just don't think it needs it's own forum. Maybe if they announced it's going to be a trilogy of some kind, but for one film(like GI Joe), it's not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"