Which in your opinion were some of Batman's greatest fights?

GreatGuardsman!

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm a real long time lurker to this site, so I decided to make my first account. This is also my first thread, so please go easy on the noob. :O

Well I have to say that one of my all time fave fights with The Dark Knight was when he went up against the White Martians in JLA. It was superb. :up: :up:

What about you guys?

GreatGuardsman! said:
Well I have to say that one of my all time fave fights with The Dark Knight was when he went up against the White Martians in JLA. It was superb. :up: :up:

I enjoyed the White Martians fight as well, despite the fact that some didn't like the odds of one man going up against four martians.

Some others would be:

Batman vs. The Joker
Batman vs. Bane
Batman vs. KGBeast
Batman vs. The Mutant Leader
Batman vs Superman
Batman vs. Deacon Blackfire
Batman vs. Deathstroke

I liked the first time Batman fought the KGBeast. at the end Batman says "I finally found someone better at this game than I am."

Batman said:
I enjoyed the White Martians fight as well, despite the fact that some didn't like the odds of one man going up against four martians.

Some others would be:

Batman vs. The Joker
Batman vs. Bane
Batman vs. KGBeast
Batman vs. The Mutant Leader
Batman vs Superman
Batman vs. Deacon Blackfire
Batman vs. Deathstroke

Holy moly. Sorry....but I can't help it..Just how hard was it to face these guys, Batman?
icon10.gif
Seriously though if you had to pick, which would would be your number one fave, Bats? And which Joker fight are you talking about?

I also liked the Bane brawl, after he was known as "The man who broke the bat." It's so damn classic.

i really like the Batman vs The GCPD SWAT Team in chapter 3 of Year One.

CrimsonMist said:
That was a good one. Also Bats vs. Supes in DKR and Hush, Bats and Ras' from Hush, all I can think of right now.

GreatGuardsman! said:
Holy moly. Sorry....but I can't help it..Just how hard was it to face these guys, Batman?
icon10.gif
Seriously though if you had to pick, which would would be your number one fave, Bats? And which Joker fight are you talking about?

I couldn't. There are so many dating back years ago, to todays day that truely made Batman what he is now. The ones I listed are some of my personal favorites I have more which in my opinion were some of the best, especially the one involving Deacon Blackfire. After taking over Gotham, Batman takes him down until the two fight to a point where he has Blackfire begging for death. As for which meeting between him and Joker, I was going for their encounter in The Killing Joke. While Batman was able to track him down and then subdue him in the funhouse, it was after their battle that he tries to persuade Joker into giving up his life of crime but refuses. As Joker is getting arrested, he shares a joke which the two end up laughing to together which was absolutely priceless considering all the times they've fought. The book was very well written, I enjoyed it as much as I did with the beginning of Hush when Batman was on the verge of killing Joker after he believed he murdered Tommy Elliot and decides he should've killed him a long time ago and starts reflecting on all the suffering Joker made him go through with the death of Jason Todd or the shooting of Barbara/Batgirl. But only to be stopped by Commisioner Gordon.

The Laughing Fish, is another great Joker story. Where he murders all the people he can get his hands on, but you never actually see him at the crime scene. Another would be The Joker's Five way Revenge, where Batman referrs to him as "A one man plague. He comes, he kills and disappears."

Mee said:
That was a good one. Also Bats vs. Supes in DKR and Hush, Bats and Ras' from Hush, all I can think of right now.

Indeed, the fights from both Hush and DKR were great.

Not comic but I like the Batman/Bane fight in Mystery of the Batwoman, and Batman and Ras' at the end of Batman Begins.

If I had to pick only one fight, I would choose Batman and Ras' in Batman #244, by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams:
NealAdams_Batman244-19.jpg

^Behold. A rare apperance of Ra's "WTF!" look.

Batman said:
Another would be The Joker's Five way Revenge, where Batman referrs to him as "A one man plague. He comes, he kills and disappears."

I still love that description of The Joker. It's an awesome quote.

Rynan said:
^Behold. A rare apperance of Ra's "WTF!" look.
Yes, we saw that in BB for a second, when Batman appears on the train at the end of the film. :up:

Rynan said:
I still love that description of The Joker. It's an awesome quote.

It's one of the best in my opinion. I was thinking they could use something by that element to describe just how he operates when his first crime is commited in the Begins sequel, that's something I'd like to see. I remember reading the quote for a couple times when I first got my hands on the book.

Batman said:
It's one of the best in my opinion. I was thinking they could use something by that element to describe just how he operates when his first crime is commited in the Begins sequel, that's something I'd like to see. I remember reading the quote for a couple times when I first got my hands on the book.
I used it to defend the "mysterious" version of The Joker that rumors say will be in it. I have no qualms with that version, if he's like the one in "Five-way", his first apperance and "Laughing Fish". That would be a Joker I would like to see.

But back to topic, damn, I should scan in the panel that quote is on, including the folloing panel where Batman gets sucker punched.

Unfortunatley, it would take me three days to get it.:(

Batman said:
I couldn't. There are so many dating back years ago, to todays day that truely made Batman what he is now. The ones I listed are some of my personal favorites I have more which in my opinion were some of the best, especially the one involving Deacon Blackfire. After taking over Gotham, Batman takes him down until the two fight to a point where he has Blackfire begging for death. As for which meeting between him and Joker, I was going for their encounter in The Killing Joke. While Batman was able to track him down and then subdue him in the funhouse, it was after their battle that he tries to persuade Joker into giving up his life of crime but refuses. As Joker is getting arrested, he shares a joke which the two end up laughing to together which was absolutely priceless considering all the times they've fought. The book was very well written, I enjoyed it as much as I did with the beginning of Hush when Batman was on the verge of killing Joker after he believed he murdered Tommy Elliot and decides he should've killed him a long time ago and starts reflecting on all the suffering Joker made him go through with the death of Jason Todd or the shooting of Barbara/Batgirl. But only to be stopped by Commisioner Gordon.

The Laughing Fish, is another great Joker story. Where he murders all the people he can get his hands on, but you never actually see him at the crime scene. Another would be The Joker's Five way Revenge, where Batman referrs to him as "A one man plague. He comes, he kills and disappears."

Batman, I'm being honest when I say this but....This is the best pot I have ever read. :) :up: Especially since it has to do with my favorite comics of all time BAT COMICS!!! I've heard of all the Joker fights that happend which you mentioned, but I've never heard of The Laughing Fish one. Could you tell me what issue it took place in?

GreatGuardsman! said:
Batman, I'm being honest when I say this but....This is the best pot I have ever read. :) :up: Especially since it has to do with my favorite comics of all time BAT COMICS!!! I've heard of all the Joker fights that happend which you mentioned, but I've never heard of The Laughing Fish one. Could you tell me what issue it took place in?

It wasn't one issue, it took place as a two part story. Laughing Fish was from Detective Comics #475 to #476.

Rynan said:
I used it to defend the "mysterious" version of The Joker that rumors say will be in it. I have no qualms with that version, if he's like the one in "Five-way", his first apperance and "Laughing Fish". That would be a Joker I would like to see.

Personally, I think either depiction of Joker would follow greatly at the hands of Nolan's films. He's someone who understands alot of the villains, along with knowing his share of the books. Whether it'd be "mysterious" or "chilling and insane" like in Laughing Fish, I'd be satisfied with which ever. Though, I have to agree, his characterization in Laughing Fish is one I could see him using.

I also loved how Joker's laughter was described as "raining down like ice cubes," and Batman thinking to himself "My world goes CRAZY sometimes," as he considers all the things that are piling up on top of him at the beginning of it all.

Batman said:
It wasn't one issue, it took place as a two part story. Laughing Fish was from Detective Comics #475 to #476.

I went to my comic shop the other day, and asked if it was available but they told me they haven't had the issues for a damn long time! :( Anyway, I appreciate the help and I liked what you said about Nolan's Joker for the sequel. Thanks, Batman. :)

-Guardsman

As a suggestion, maybe you should be looking for "The Greatest Joker Stories of All Time", instead of individual issues.

And, as I promised, the "Five-way Revenge" images
MondayMay01200610d.jpg

The quote

MondayMay01200611c.gif

The Joker sucker punching Batman. And gloating about it.

CrimsonMist said:
That was great.

I think my all-time favorite was when Batman fought, and beat, Superman in BATMAN #612, from HUSH. Truly well done.

GreatGuardsman! said:
I'm a real long time lurker to this site, so I decided to make my first account. This is also my first thread, so please go easy on the noob. :O

What about you guys?
Cool thread! :batman::up:

Rynan said:
As a suggestion, maybe you should be looking for "The Greatest Joker Stories of All Time", instead of individual issues.

And, as I promised, the "Five-way Revenge" images
MondayMay01200610d.jpg

The quote

MondayMay01200611c.gif

The Joker sucker punching Batman. And gloating about it.

I did read this when I was a kid (10 years old). Imagine what this kind of story can make in one boy's head: I am hooked since then!
:batman:

CrimsonMist said:
That was great.

"Sir--He's taken out unit THREE...The WHOLE UNIT....."

CrimsonMist said:

absolutely:up:

they've got him cornered they've got him outnumbered they've got him trapped....they're in trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"