The Dark Knight Do you want to see a tragic ending in TDK?

I think it should end like ESB...tragically...but with a glint of hope...

OK let me rephase that then I want someone to die but also they must be a major part of the story and was in the last one as well. Probably Lucius or Rachel would be good.

NOOOOOOOOOO. not Lucius...cuz he's too cool and certainly not Rachel...that would be TOO predictable!

Well then certainly not Gordon's wife because she is not known and the drama of the moment wont be exciting as if Lucius or Rachel dies.

YES.

The movie is called "The Dark Knight," for God's sake, not having one would be blasphony.

blasphony?

anyway....maybe lucius can die...HIS DAUGHTER BETTER BE IN THE MOVIE THEN...or maybe rachel can just be TURNED CRAZY...thats kinda tragic without anyone dying...i think it would be too soon and abrupt to kill off either Rachel or Lucius or anyone else for that matter....I'd also like to see a hint that Ras is still alive...anyhoo

Ronny Shade said:
All movies whould have tragic endings.

Wrong. Movies are individually suited to an ending that fits the tone and spirit of the story. The ending of Taxi Driver is delightfully triumphant, and validates all the pain that Travis has gone through, for instance.

JLBats said:
Wrong. Movies are individually suited to an ending that fits the tone and spirit of the story. The ending of Taxi Driver is delightfully triumphant, and validates all the pain that Travis has gone through, for instance.

Or how the ending of Cuckoo's Nest is triumphant in a sense that Murphy achieves the ultimate form of freedom in his death.

Anyway, I'd want the ending to be quite similar to The Empire Strikes Back. Things are worse than ever, but it ends on a hopeful note.

BmAaTn3625 said:
Gordon's wife ^^^

You know I always consider that a possibility for an ending to this movie. Instead of Barbara, Joker beats up and snaps photographs of Gordon's wife, and sends them to Jim. He could literally beat the **** out of her with a crowbar, rape her, torture her, and then kill her with an overdose of laughing gas. Then, he could send the photos to Gordon.

So you could go from glimmer to hope, to Gordon being at a lost, to Batman telling his old friend that Joker will get what he deserves in court and not in a cemetary buried six feet under from the barrel of Gordon's gun.

That's pretty much a "ESB" ending isn't it not? Goes from something tragic, to glimmer of hope good will prevail, to evil wins, to good will triumph in the next chapter.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
You know I always consider that a possibility for an ending to this movie. Instead of Barbara, Joker beats up and snaps photographs of Gordon's wife, and sends them to Jim. He could literally beat the **** out of her with a crowbar, rape her, torture her, and then kill her with an overdose of laughing gas. Then, he could send the photos to Gordon.

So you could go from glimmer to hope, to Gordon being at a lost, to Batman telling his old friend that Joker will get what he deserves in court and not in a cemetary buried six feet under from the barrel of Gordon's gun.

That's pretty much a "ESB" ending isn't it not? Goes from something tragic, to glimmer of hope good will prevail, to evil wins, to good will triumph in the next chapter.

so why does the woman always have to be "raped tortured and beat" in these movies? I mean you would thinks thousands of years of woman trying to get somehwere. But yet again in a another comic book movie a woman is either killed,needs saving, or is generally useless except for to look at or to die in a "tragic death".

Eros said:
so why does the woman always have to be "raped tortured and beat" in these movies? I mean you would thinks thousands of years of woman trying to get somehwere. But yet again in a another comic book movie a woman is either killed,needs saving, or is generally useless except for to look at or to die in a "tragic death".

Um...maybe because that's why we call them "damsels in distress." Also if this were to happen to Gordon's wife it would show why he is in so much pain, even if he locks it up inside himself, but it'll show he does not want to be a widower so early, but he can't get over he couldn't save his wife.

What would you preferred me to say, "Joker throws her off a building" or something. No matter who's death: Rachel, Gordon's wife, Dent's wife Glinda, I think it should be shocking and have an impact, and if that ain't shocking than brother I don't know what is.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
Um...maybe because that's why we call them "damsels in distress." Also if this were to happen to Gordon's wife it would show why he is in so much pain, even if he locks it up inside himself, but it'll show he does not want to be a widower so early, but he can't get over he couldn't save his wife.

What would you preferred me to say, "Joker throws her off a building" or something. No matter who's death: Rachel, Gordon's wife, Dent's wife Glinda, I think it should be shocking and have an impact, and if that ain't shocking than brother I don't know what is.

did you read anything i wrote?:confused:

i never said sombody wife dieing would not be trajc, it would be yet anoher predictable cliche that happens all to often in movies. If the Dark knigh can't do anything new, then buy all means go right ahead and kill a ***** then.

A tragic death. Rachel's death would be a happy ending.

This movie would end perfectly for me if it ended at the wayne's grave with bruce bringing flowers or something to honor his dead parents and he says "I will never give up. As long as I live, I will fight to save Gotham from the Darkness that threatens to consume it." or something like that. Bats fly out into the night and we see the batsignal...

Roll credits.

Batman Returns' ending is my favorite ending of any Batman film. It is tragic and yet exciting... a sense of the unknown (what will happen next?). So, yeah... I would like that a lot better than the Begins one (although I loved that ending too.)

batlovescatDC said:
Batman Returns' ending is my favorite ending of any Batman film. It is tragic and yet exciting... a sense of the unknown (what will happen next?). So, yeah... I would like that a lot better than the Begins one (although I loved that ending too.)

Hmm, nice observation there. :up:

So essentially there are three types of tragic endings here - one that ends with loss on a grim note, the other though with a glimmer of hope while the third one being, as you put it, tragic and exciting with a sense of the unknown.

In one way or the other, all of three of those endings would be suitable for The Dark Knight in one way or another.

A tragic death...
... maybe Commissioner Loeb?

It would be somewhat less "cliché", no?

Wesyeed said:
This movie would end perfectly for me if it ended at the wayne's grave with bruce bringing flowers or something to honor his dead parents and he says "I will never give up. As long as I live, I will fight to save Gotham from the Darkness that threatens to consume it." or something like that. Bats fly out into the night and we see the batsignal...

Roll credits.

:up:

Wesyeed said:

Roll credits.

That'd be cool.

Ruf Chiyuuk said:
A tragic death...
... maybe Commissioner Loeb?

It would be somewhat less "cliché", no?

Since when did anyone give a damn about him enough for his death to be even remotely "tragic" anyway? :confused:

Joker should kill Commissioner Loeb.

The Sage said:
Joker should kill Commissioner Loeb.

How many people should the Joker kill anyway? Rachel, Loeb, Gordon's wife, mob bosses...anything amiss here?

I'm thinking of making a thread about it. :D

Wesyeed said:

Roll credits.

Excellent. :up: :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"