Which Live Action Superman/Clark Kent is your favorite?

Still Christopher Reeve.
Did not see enough of Cavill yet to make a fair decision.
Cavill is the only actor other than Reeve to make me believe I was seeing Superman come to life.
So perhaps I will prefer him after MOS2...not yet though.

I had to go with Cavill for several reasons, he played the version of Superman I've always wanted to see on screen. He was very much in the John Byrne/Superman TAS mold which are my favourite versions if the character. Chris Reeve will to some extent always be my Superman as thats who I grew up but I just like Henry's a little better because he embodies my favourite interpretations from the comics, which is the true medium of this character and Byrne's was the one I grew up reading.

I had to go with Cavill for several reasons, he played the version of Superman I've always wanted to see on screen. He was very much in the John Byrne/Superman TAS mold which are my favourite versions if the character. Chris Reeve will to some extent always be my Superman as thats who I grew up but I just like Henry's a little better because he embodies my favourite interpretations from the comics, which is the true medium of this character and Byrne's was the one I grew up reading.

I wonder if the scene where Clark is having a beer and enjoying a game of Kansas football is also a nod to Byrne's stories where Clark plays football as a teen much to the chagrin of his father, Jonathan.

I wonder if the scene where Clark is having a beer and enjoying a game of Kansas football is also a nod to Byrne's stories where Clark plays football as a teen much to the chagrin of his father, Jonathan.

Maybe tbh I thought it was quite funny that Clark is drinking a bottle of beer as alcohol tends to not have any effect on him lol

Maybe tbh I thought it was quite funny that Clark is drinking a bottle of beer as alcohol tends to not have any effect on him lol

Heh. That's true. Maybe he just likes the taste of well-made home brew or import, as opposed to the cheap stuff.

I actually loved that scene. I thought it was both hilarious and fitting to have the world's most powerful alien just watching football and drinking a beer, like any normal guy. Though subtle, it really helped bring home Superman's humanity for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"