Which Marvel character deserves a video game?

Apparently they’re working on that now. And really, if they love money they should do it and do it right.

I guess it’s harder with video games because it takes so long to develop. So even if a game is a hit it takes five years to capitalise on it and by then they hype is gone
Its because Marvel chose to make mostly online mobile games this decade in which you have like fifty characters to choose from, leaving the console games to Lego and Capcom. Aside from the Spider-Man games this decade, Deadpool was the only one to get a solo console game. Gotg telltalegame is the usual telltalegame, not worthy to buy imo. While the only one in development is the Square enix game which has been moving like a snail. And oh the last X-Men console game - Destiny, none of the X-Men are playable. Just awful.

That would be much better. I think they could release multiple games throughout the year if they were Spider-man level and see great success. Seems like a big missed opportunity at the moment.
If Assassins Creed and Call of Duty could release a new game annually , with the right developers it can be done.

If Assassins Creed and Call of Duty could release a new game annually , with the right developers it can be done.
Yeah, and as it could be different characters it could be multiple games per year as long as the same ones aren’t repeated more frequently than other game franchises.

Its because Marvel chose to make mostly online mobile games this decade in which you have like fifty characters to choose from, leaving the console games to Lego and Capcom. Aside from the Spider-Man games this decade, Deadpool was the only one to get a solo console game. Gotg telltalegame is the usual telltalegame, not worthy to buy imo. While the only one in development is the Square enix game which has been moving like a snail. And oh the last X-Men console game - Destiny, none of the X-Men are playable. Just awful.
marvel needs to be a publisher house to do this and have more studio's dedicated to it's self along with licensing out to others.also most other are doing nother cause they can't put out a gave as ubisoft was doing. and are doing their games as service thing so they have more time to plan out their sequal's

BTw there was supposed another studio doing GOTG be side tell tale that supposed to be coming linked to the avengers project. it went quit since it was announced.

Last edited:
Any publisher can do it - Rocksteady, Activision, Capcom, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Square Enix. Like everytime i see the gameplay for Uncharted, Tomb Raider, God of War, Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed and any action adventure game, I'm like why we can't Marvel games create games like those that isn't Spider-Man. An Iron Man or Capt America videogame wouldnt be that difficult especially they can access the comics and give them the characters, story and settings to use.

An X-Men and Avengers game in the same level as Arkham or Spider-Man 2018 in the current game consoles, those would be difficult to make as people would expect a lot of playable characters to choose from. But definitely not impossible.

With the success of the Spider-Man, Marvel should be prioritizing more console games and handing them to developers. I still cant believe there's no Iron Man console game that isnt a movie tie in.
they already have and thats independent of Spiderman's success

And is there a Marvrl console game coming out next year? I don't think so.

They have one game in the works and are rumored to have another. The head of Marvel games has already stated that Spider-Man PS4 is just the beginning, so try to be patient. These things take time.

And is there a Marvrl console game coming out next year? I don't think so.
not that we know of but they have games in the pipeline. These things take time and games take longer to make now that before. We do know of the Avengers title and SE has another game which they havent announced bc its likely years off

They have one game in the works and are rumored to have another. The head of Marvel games has already stated that Spider-Man PS4 is just the beginning, so try to be patient. These things take time.
yep. They said this years ago when Spider-man was announced. Just bc we dont know the details doesnt mean they arent coming

I need a Black Panther game now!

An unchartered, Tomb Raider, GTA, Assassins Creed hybrid with elements of dishonored and a hybrid of fitiristic maps and jungles with a mind blowing combat system. I'm here for this!

Same, it would be too perfect. Assassins creed style, exploring the wonders of Wakanda, riding those rhino things, playing as shuri, using your detective work and gadgets. Perfect.

I do wish marvel would not rely on the same people all the time, Spider-Man, avengers etc

Maybe I’ve said it I don’t remember but Black Widow.

Thor would be epic. Same for Doctor Strange. These seem very realistic as well.

Personally I'd love Midnight Sons. It would be different and unexpected.

I'd like Black Panther, Strange and Cap Marvel if they were looking to do the new characters.

For newer characters. The big 3 would have been my first three priorities and those movie tie ins don't count. After tony (a uncharted ish kind of game, lots of different locations with the playable character wearing different armor suits), steve (Mix of WW2 and present day mission, Uncharted type game) and Thor (open world Asgard plus the six realms).

After that,Ant-Man (open world san francisco + Quantum realm), Strange (Devil May Cry but with Magic), Black Panther (open world Wakanda) and Capt Marvel (Uncharted in Space).

For the rest like Daredevil and Luke Cage, something similar to Spider-Man 2018 without the different tech suits. Black Widow would be a linear spy stealth game.

I want an X-men game like The Division and Titanfall 2.

Multiplayer Third Person Shooter Sandbox game.

Or a Team Based Shooter like Overwatch with various Marvel heroes.

I am surprised we don’t have more games on the horizon for Marvel characters. The Avengers game hasn’t helped but man there is so much potential out there.

I know one was near development / started, but a contemporary Daredevil game with modern tech would be kinds of awesome. :daredevil

With boss battles along the way, (Bullseye et al) leading as per origin story to Kingpin end face-off.

Last edited:
Characters I want to get Insomniac Spidey level games are:

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Punisher
Daredevil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"