Preferred watch order for Phase 3?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
Despite the official timeline they released, I still think "Black Panther" sits best straight after "Captain America: Civil War", and "Thor: Ragnarok" directly before "Avengers: Infinity War".

I've also been trying to work out where "Venom" could fit into the running order best in light of hints at potential tied in elements from the MCU in Sony's Marvel movies.

As It stands, (leaving out "Guardians Of The Galaxy vol 2" and "Captain Marvel" as they squeeze into Phases 2 and 1 respectively in the timeline), this is my preferred watch order for Phase 3...

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
BLACK PANTHER
SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
DOCTOR STRANGE
VENOM

(I'm expecting BLACK WIDOW to sit best here, but you never know.)
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP
THOR: RAGNAROK
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
AVENGERS: ENDGAME
SPIDERMAN: FAR FROM HOME

What does everyone think is the best running order for them?

That is a logical order, though I may recommend Doctor Strange after Venom due to the post credits scene leading into Thor: Ragnarok.

Last edited:
That is a logical prefer, though I may recommend Doctor Strange after Venom due to the post credits scene leading into Thor: Ragnarok.
I considered that but there's a definite step up in Strange's abilities between the two films and that post-credits scene is more a preview of the scene in Thor 4 which I would skip over until it reccurs in the latter (whereas I wouldn't with the AMATW "snap" scene because without Infinity War first for context, it doesn't spoil anything it adds a question.)
...plus Venom needs to be as close to the end of the list as possible without being placed after AMATW or Ragnarok.

Do we have an actual time placing for Venom? I've looked but can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
I don't think there is. I think it's basically treated as present day.

So it's set over 2017-18 then?

If anything then, the fix on that list would be to just move Ragnarok back...

Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Venom
Ant-Man And The Wasp

...but Ragnarok/Infinity War/Endgame makes for an epic trilogy and it doesn't hurt to come to that with a little skip back, a kind of "meanwhile in space".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"