Comics Which version of Hobgoblin did you prefer....

If I may....I preferred the Hobgoblin when NO-ONE knew who he was. Spidey trying to uncover his identity, and the idea that it could be anyone.....even JJJ was a suspect (and he was written far more believably in the mid-80s).

Vile said:
It was a decent story, mostly because of the ending. As to the fight...well, it was more of a draw than anything else.

In the end though, Norman believes he's wiped out Roderick finanicially but Kingsley reveals that he has other accounts filled to the brim with money so he basically retires to a resort island somewhere.

who did it seem like would win the fight up until it actually happend? from what i have read it sounds like aside from this issue roderick would have wiped the floor with norman

Well the entire issue was basically Roderick tip-toeing around Norman mostly because he didnt want ol' Normie to go crazy and wig out...atleast not till after Kingsley had gotten what he wanted.

The fight breaks out and Norman appears ontop till near the end, when Roderick really seems to kick it up a notch and I believe Norman's thoughts are along the lines of 'I underestimated his strength'. Then the two are seperated (by what, i dont remember) and they both make their escape.

We'll never know, but if memory serves me right ol' Kingsley's goblin formula which he tampered with made him stronger than the Green Goblin so...I seriously think Roderick could have taken him.

The big question is...Does Roderick possess the healing factor?

I'd love the Hobgoblin to make a comeback and his first order of business is to kill Osborn. I would enjoy that very much.

that would be awesome, i hate that Osborn came back to life. he was great until then

I didnt mind Osborn's return...

The fact that he is still around though...that is what is annoying.

Goblin's Gate should have ended with Kingsley killing Norman.

Pfft. Kingsley could never kill Norman. I like the ending, Norman rids himself of the *other* goblin and as always Kingsley sneaks by and goes into a nice retirement.

The point where Norman should have left (again) was after Death in the Family in which he should have shot himself in the head because he could not get the mental victory over Spidey. That would have been a Shakesperian ending....but NOOO.

But Kingsley killing Osborn....I like Hobby but that's like Macendale killing Kingsley....it just ain't gonna' happen, though.

Who knows? There is still a chance...

I would love to see a Hobgoblin-run Thunderbolts. =)

Jourmugand said:
Can someone give a brief bio on both hobgoblin`s "origins"?

Hobgoblin: While running away from Spider-Man, a small time crook found one of Norman Osborn's secret stashes of Goblin goodies. The crook informed Roderick Kingsley, a fashion mogul and all around arrogant (but harmless) scumbag. He created the identity of Hobgoblin and found a list of every Green Goblin hideout Norman Osborn had. Hobgoblin started raiding those places to steal everything for himself. That's how he first met Spider-Man and was easily beaten down (but he managed to escape). Figuring out that Norman must have had an edge, he found the Goblin formula in Osborn's journal and took it, becoming as strong as the original Green Goblin in the process.

Hobgoblin II: Kingsley eventually began to get tired of his criminal identity. he leaked the information that the Hobgoblin was Ned Leeds (which was actually a brainwashed decoy) and retired. C-list villain Jack-O-Lantern wanted revenge against the Hobgoblin and with the word out on Hobgoblin's identity, he hired the Foreigner to have Leeds killed and took over the equipment and gig from there.

Hope that helps. :up:

Venomfan said:
that would be awesome, i hate that Osborn came back to life. he was great until then

You should check out the Osborn Journal one shot. It was written by Glen Greenburg, who also did a heavy contribution to the Life of Reilly articles, and it really REALLY makes sense of how Norman survived and pulled strings from behind the scenes.

Kingsley is too... effeminite to have been the Hobgoblin Stern wrote. I was reading through some old Web of the other day where Hobby and Kingsley are face to face during that time period, so I don't believe that the Bullpen intended it to be Kingsley either... at that time.

Well technically that was Kingsley's brother who was effeminite. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"