Which version of the Guardians of the Galaxy do you want to see on film?

Captain Marvel

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
The 30th century version, or...
Earth-691_0001.jpeg

...the modern day version?
guardiansgalaxy_09.jpg

Personally speaking, I think they should go with the modern day version. I liked the original version with the whole "set in the 30th century" schtick and dealing with the Badoon conquest of Earth, but that whole concept would be completely divorced from the current MCU and from any other cosmic films they do. All it'd do is create a mess more than anything else.

The modern team, however, has the most to offer the MCU. For one, it's packed full of characters who've been all over the Marvel Universe. We have Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, Mantis, Starlord, and Phyla-Vell. Several of those characters have ties to Thanos and one of them is tied to the Avengers, not to mention that we have a modern day human leading the team. It'd also be great to use them as any Nova, Darkhawk, or Silver Surfer movies (if Marvel gets the rights back) can exist in the same "universe" as the Guardians. Not to mention the Inhumans!

Their use would also open the door to things like the Annihilation Wave, Ultron taking control of the Phalanx, and being able to take a look at interstellar empires like the Skrulls, the Kree, and the Shi'ar, and interacting with groups like the Imperial Guard, Kree Starforce, and Super-Skrulls.

And plus, they have a talking raccoon!

So that's my opinion. What would you folks prefer?

not really fussed...wouldve preffered to see the next movie be x factor or excalibur or something.
seems an odd choice for the next big movie when there so many other bigger names which could be used.

How could they make an X-Factor movie if Fox own all the mutants.

And Guardians of the Galaxy are awesome. One of the best series of this century.

not really fussed...wouldve preffered to see the next movie be x factor or excalibur or something.
seems an odd choice for the next big movie when there so many other bigger names which could be used.

Except that they can't be used. Fox owns the movie rights to all the mutants (with the only possible exception of Cable, for whatever bizarre reason). Or did you not see Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Havok, Multiple Man, Siryn, Nightcrawler, and Shadowcat appear in the X-Men movies?

And Guardians of the Galaxy are awesome. One of the best series of this century.

Agreed. I loved the original title, but wow, the current one is head and shoulders better. It also helps that I love that it's kind of a reconstituted Infinity Watch, what with Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer (and a better version, at that), and Moondragon on the team. To bad Pip the Troll's nowhere around, but I guess with Rocket Raccoon, they've met their quota of badass tiny people for one series.

Yea the newer version of Drax was much better. I also really like Cosmo.

How could they make an X-Factor movie if Fox own all the mutants.

yeah they do dont they.

I havent got into the spacey marvel stuff so much all seems too far fetched even for a marvel universe.

All i meant was rather than guardians surely we have other heroes more deserving like black panther,ant man and wasp, Dr strange,iron fist and Luke cage, Hercules etc etc
Not knocking guardians..just seems an odd choice thats all.

Updated originals....

g03_01.jpg

g06_01.jpg

That new Starhawk design is great. About time they updated him.

That new Starhawk design is great. About time they updated him.

Yeah that old pic isn't doing the originals any favors. With updates they all have great potential.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see Gamora in action.

I just want to see the trash talking raccoon.

Feige confirmed that the version of the GoTG featured in this film is the modern one.

My GOTG cast would be:

Star Lord- Nathan Fillion (Castle)
Adam Warlock / Magus- Armie Hammer (The Social Network)
Gamora- Lynn Collins (John Carter)
Drax- Peter Mensah (Spartacus: Blood and Sand)
Moon Dragon- Naomi Rappace (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)
Phyla-Vell- Brea Grant (Heroes)
Mantis- Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)
Rocket Raccoon (voice)- John Kassir (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)

Anybody catch the GOTG on tonight's episode of A:EMH? Pretty cool....they were taking on Korvac. Was especially nice to see Groot and RR in action.

I wonder who will direct it? I wonder if Marvel already knows, like as in someone came up to Feige and said "I really love these characters" and he said "hmm"

I'm all for a character named Rocket Raccoon in the Marvel movie universe. I want it to be as insane as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"