Which version of the Guardians of the Galaxy do you want to see on film?

Yeah, I can see it being knocked off or something but the helmet definitely completes the look.

You know what I like about this announcement the most? That it means that current or future Marvel projects could become even more fantastical. When you introduce a talking Tree and a gun tooting Raccoon, everything's fair game.

Last edited:
Yeah, everything else seems pretty tame and almost bland in comparison now. I love Black Panther but it would almost be a step backwards. Dr. Strange would be intense, though. Somehow Iron Man, the movie that started all of this, feels the most down to earth now...How did that happen?

Somehow Iron Man, the movie that started all of this, feels the most down to earth now...How did that happen?

That's the way Favreau wanted it: science/tech-based instead of magic/supernatural. The world of the Iron Man films is our own, except a little more high-tech, that's all. I remember interviews where Favreau was very sceptical of the Avengers, since he didnt think they could put Thor in the same movie as Stark.
Fury tells Stark there are more heroes out there, but at that point it was just Stark, and arguably Widow and Hawkeye. Banner's on the run and not being heroic, Cap's on ice at that point, and so far there is no in-world indication of there being other superheroes active during that time.

That's the way Favreau wanted it: science/tech-based instead of magic/supernatural. The world of the Iron Man films is our own, except a little more high-tech, that's all. I remember interviews where Favreau was very sceptical of the Avengers, since he didnt think they could put Thor in the same movie as Stark.
Fury tells Stark there are more heroes out there, but at that point it was just Stark, and arguably Widow and Hawkeye. Banner's on the run and not being heroic, Cap's on ice at that point, and so far there is no in-world indication of there being other superheroes active during that time.

That very concept is why I'm curious as to what superheroes Fury was referring to for his Avengers initiative. There's some superheroes lurking about who existed before Stark that I'm very curious about. Ant-man may be one of them from Edgar Wright's idea of making him a legacy hero. Black Panther is a title passed on from generation to generation. I'm curious as to whom is roaming out there that would have made the cut.

In fact right there you have Black Panther, Ant-man and possibly Wasp, Hawkeye, and Black Widow with what would've been the recent Iron Man. You probably have your Backup/Original Avengers right there.

Hawkeye and Black Widow were hardly "heroes" pre-Avengers. They were spies and agents for SHIELD.

Who did heroic things like taking on illegal arms dealers and stuff. Hey, it's just speculation on my part. Fury could have been referring to Falcon or the Heroes For Hire for all I know.

Its great that they are adapting the modern day version. Even though this movie seems very risky, I love that Marvel Studios is finally taking some risks with their movies.

It's about time we start hearing about directors and casting. Cap 2 comes out the same year, and it's already get a director (two of them) and they're already casting for Falcon.

CHOP CHOP, MARVEL

Its great that they are adapting the modern day version. Even though this movie seems very risky, I love that Marvel Studios is finally taking some risks with their movies.

I'd say CAp was a big risk too.

DC could learn A LOT from MArvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"