Which film series do you prefer Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Which film series do you prefer Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool? I am comparing the 2 because they were both unexpected hits, that relied heavily on comedy, some people think the first movie is better then second, etc. Clearly there differences, different settings, different ratings, different studios, etc. But I think its fair to compare and contrast them.

For me it's tough to compare because they're so similar. I love the hell out of both, they're all pretty rewatchable films. I guess the Deadpool series has a stronger lead in Ryan Reynolds since he essentially carries both movies on his own whereas Guardians 1 & 2 are team movies so it's more of a group effort from the cast there. But both Guardians movies have better emotional moments (Peter opening up his gift in the first film, Yondu's funeral in Vol. 2 to name a few) so that's the upper hand they have over the Deadpool movies.

Deadpool 1 is an amazing film and so rewatchable. I think Guardians has more potential as a franchise but I really look forward to Deadpool mixing it up with X-Force.

I'd say Deadpool so far, though Guardians has the best single movie of all 4(Vol. 2). But both Deadpool movies are better then GOTG1, which I regard as one of the lesser MCU films.

Guardians is like a PG -13 Deadpool. I like both, but Guardians loses points for that really, really, really painful unfunny taser face running gag from Guardians 2. So Deadpool.

Guardians easily. DP 2 was really disappointing and one of the worst Fox Marvel movies for me. The story and emotional core of the film did NOT work at all.

I voted for GOTG because number 1 is one of my favourite Superhero movies period.

However I wasn't as big a fan of number two and I though Deadpool 2 was even better than the first so everything to play for as we await each of their third instalments.

If you strip out the rest of the MCU and X-Men products then I had more fun with Deadpool.

Deadpool is funny and original, but in terms of a the full picture, I definitely have to give this one to GOTG, which might be my favorite "franchise" within the MCU.

It's close. I found both of the sequels to be letdowns in comparison to their predecessors. Overall, my personal preference would be Deadpool, though I think the first Guardians is the best out of these four movies.

Hard one for me, but I much care About the characters from GOTG. Deadpool is just entertaining, I will never have a emotional relationship to These characters. Guardians can be fun and have an emotional arc.

Hard one for me, but I much care About the characters from GOTG. Deadpool is just entertaining, I will never have a emotional relationship to These characters. Guardians can be fun and have an emotional arc.

Same. Vol 1 is one of my favorite movies period. I don't get the dislike for Vol 2 as there were some good character arcs - particularly Rocket's and Yondu's, who's had the absolute best death of any MCU character to date.

Deadpool is fun, but GOTG really resonates with me. It's a big call, but I believe it's the closest thing to original Star Wars to come along in the 21st century, so far - and that's including actual Star Wars.

Guardians = 9 + 9.5 = 18.5/2 = 9.25 avg
Deadpool = 9.5 + 8.0 = 17.5/2 = 8.75 avg

Guardians wins because I care more about the characters in vol 2. Rather than less (as in Deadpool 2).

Guardians. They have two great films, whereas DP only has one good one

I'm going with Guardians.

Guardians by far. First of all because I enjoy ensembles more than I enjoy solo heroes. And because counting the sequels I feel like Deadpool had a drop of quality and creativity.

I was actually shocked that so many people enjoyed Deadpool 2 so much.

Guardians wins because I care more about the characters in vol 2. Rather than less (as in Deadpool 2).

I haven't realized that, but it happened to me 2. GoTG 2 is not as good as the first one, but I was very emotionally engaged in all of them. It's funny because both Deadpool movies have a heart, but I felt less in the sequel. Maybe because killing off Vanessa (an already established relationship that people cared about) affected it.

Guardians.

And I look forward much more to GOTG3 than a DP3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"