Which villains need a major revamp?

Perosnally, had he lived, I always thought that the Ten Eyed Man actually had some potential. Just portray him as the ring leader of a band of bank robbers. He's a former special forces operative, so he carries out the crimes with a military level of percision. And, just mention that, due to some seriously botched surgury, he sees out of his finger tips. No one in the gang mentions it, because it's a very touchy subject for him, and he tends to vent his anger by beating the crap out of the newer members of their little gang.

They need to bring back Rudy Damn it. Though one of his last acts was sleeping with Lex :(

Yeah. The REAL Parasite needs a come back.

The Question said:
Perosnally, had he lived, I always thought that the Ten Eyed Man actually had some potential. Just portray him as the ring leader of a band of bank robbers. He's a former special forces operative, so he carries out the crimes with a military level of percision. And, just mention that, due to some seriously botched surgury, he sees out of his finger tips. No one in the gang mentions it, because it's a very touchy subject for him, and he tends to vent his anger by beating the crap out of the newer members of their little gang.

But Ten Eyed man's powers are a drawback, seriously how does he wash his hands without screaming?

Does it hurt him when he touches objects? I thought it just made him unable to see. And, anyway, who cares that his powers have some drawbacks? Makes the fights more interesting.

The Question said:
Does it hurt him when he touches objects? I thought it just made him unable to see. And, anyway, who cares that his powers have some drawbacks? Makes the fights more interesting.

When he fought Man-Bat, Man-Bat threw a flower pot at him and caught with his hands and started screaming. You can see it here: http://www.seanbaby.com/stupcom/10eyedman.htm (warning: that page swearing on it). How are the fights supposed to interesting if Batman can beat him throwing a flower pot at him?

He could, you know, dodge it. Still, just because he has one weakness doesn't automatically make him a bad character. Just means he has to fight smarter.

The Question said:
He could, you know, dodge it. Still, just because he has one weakness doesn't automatically make him a bad character. Just means he has to fight smarter.

Well he's not that bright if he caught that flower pot Man Bat threw at him, is he? Seriously Batman could beat that loser in a million different ways, throw a few flashbangs at his hands and he would be in trouble. Seriously he couldn't even hold a gun or kniofe without hurting his eyes. I have never seen a villain whose powers a complete drawback like Ten Eyed Man. Plus he's dead, so you would have to bring him back from the dead. Seriously brining Ten eyed Man back from the dead would stupid, I hate resurrections and to waste one on this loser would be a crime.

Dude, him catching the flower pot was on what, his first or second apearance? One instance of his powers working against him doesn't mean he's a bad character. Anyway, I don't think he's in the post crisis continuity, so I'd be introducing the post crisis version of him. Basically, a hardened former special forces agent for the military turned ringleader of a gang of bank robbers who, after a surgury to help him regain his sight after he took a flashbang between the eyes, can see out of his fingers. Although, were I to introduce his post crisis version, I'd have his fingertips have metalic electronic bits on them, to show that they've been altered with micro video recording equipment.

Kite-Man was given consideration for a revamp by Geoff Johns. I'm not sure if Johns could pull that one off.

One of my favorite villains is Goldface, but he's kinda already been revamped (and killed, or something). Same goes for the Rainbow Raider (Johns brought him back in a new costume just to have Blacksmith kill him.) And Crazy Quilt was kinda cool, but now there's a new one, so he's probably dead...
I always liked Brainstorm, if anyone else can remember him just from the name. I think all he would need is a costume change, so he woulldn't look like such a 'tard.

Tony_Montana said:
They need to bring back Rudy Damn it. Though one of his last acts was sleeping with Lex :(
I never really understood why people had such a problem with that. It's not as if the Parasite fell in love with Lex or developed a relationship with him (Rudy has proven in the past that he likes the ladies). Rudy did that to personally humiliate Luthor and steal millions from him. Mission accomplished. If Jones were still alive, he'd probably be laughing his ass off while Lex grinds his teeth in anger.

Exactly. Rudy's enough of a prick to be able to **** a guy while in female form just so he can laugh at him about it.

The Question said:
Dude, him catching the flower pot was on what, his first or second apearance? One instance of his powers working against him doesn't mean he's a bad character. Anyway, I don't think he's in the post crisis continuity, so I'd be introducing the post crisis version of him. Basically, a hardened former special forces agent for the military turned ringleader of a gang of bank robbers who, after a surgury to help him regain his sight after he took a flashbang between the eyes, can see out of his fingers. Although, were I to introduce his post crisis version, I'd have his fingertips have metalic electronic bits on them, to show that they've been altered with micro video recording equipment.

Now see if they are just going to introduce him to Post Crisis, why not give him better powers and a better name, give him some offensive abilities, recreate the character from scratch, like Timm with Clock King in BTAS (you must admit BTAS Clock King is way better than comics Clock King.)

Then that's just making a new character. Why give him new powers? Why give him a new name? I mean, powers aren't what makes a character cool. Batman doesn't have any powers, and everyone loves him. Making a new character and just giving him the old one's name is the lazy way out. Fidning what you can do with the character as is, that takes some skill.

The Question said:
Then that's just making a new character. Why give him new powers? Why give him a new name? I mean, powers aren't what makes a character cool. Batman doesn't have any powers, and everyone loves him. Making a new character and just giving him the old one's name is the lazy way out. Fidning what you can do with the character as is, that takes some skill.

BTAS Clock King was more or less a new character and he was way cooler than the comics Clock King. Batman doesn't have powers, but he has skills and cunning that make him a force, unlike Ten Eyed Man who has a lame name and powers that are a drawback instead of an asset and is stupid enough to grab ahold of a potted plant when he should know that's a bad idea. Stan Lee said that dramatic tension is created when the villain is more powerful then the hero, how is it dramatic when batman fights Ten eyed Man, someone who poses no real threat to batman with his lame non powers.

Ten Eyed Man is also former special forces. He's got a good deal of hand to hand combat and weapons training. That's where his skill lies. WHo cares if he has a crappy power? A character should not be all about his powers.

The Question said:
Ten Eyed Man is also former special forces. He's got a good deal of hand to hand combat and weapons training. That's where his skill lies. WHo cares if he has a crappy power? A character should not be all about his powers.

Batman is all about turning an enemies weaknesses against them, a day in the Bat cave and Batman could devise methods let would allow to him exploit Ten Eyed Man's weaknesses everytime.

Deathstroke needs another costume. I love the character but dread the costume's colors.

thedarks0ldier said:
Deathstroke needs another costume. I love the character but dread the costume's colors.

All ya need to do is get rid of the pirate boots and his costume would look great.

The Overlord said:
Batman is all about turning an enemies weaknesses against them, a day in the Bat cave and Batman could devise methods let would allow to him exploit Ten Eyed Man's weaknesses everytime.

And the Ten Eyed Man could work around that by using his hands as minimally as possible. Look, all I'm saying is that if you want to make a lame villain cooler, slapping a bunch of new powers on him is not the way to go. The powers and how big a threat level the villain is doesn't equate to how good a character they are. As Bradf Meltzer said, a villain doesn't need to be able to throw a mountain at the heroes to be badass.

Spike_x1 said:
I never really understood why people had such a problem with that. It's not as if the Parasite fell in love with Lex or developed a relationship with him (Rudy has proven in the past that he likes the ladies). Rudy did that to personally humiliate Luthor and steal millions from him. Mission accomplished. If Jones were still alive, he'd probably be laughing his ass off while Lex grinds his teeth in anger.
Oh I have no problem with it if it wasn't one of the last things he did because a few issues after that he died, but if they let him live just a year longer then I would be okay with it.

i would like to see the general make a return. he was apint sized, power mad, lunatic obsessed with war. aftert being a prisoner in dhabari for a few years he would be crazier than ever

the kid was hilarious, quoting military figures and dressing up in historcal uniforms, setting up poor saps to take the fall for him (until dhabari:()

to many villians try to be cool and edgy or plains clothes gangsters. the general was colourful and a loon. we need more villians like the general :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"