Which Villains need a major revamp?

Dread said:
Graviton: someone who's got a Magneto-level power and nothing to do with it.
I agree. He's a guy who can take on dozens of Avengers at a single time and whoop their collective asses. His power over graviton particles is awesome. Guy can affect pretty much anything with his power in a radius of a few miles.
Add in the fact that he's also a genius, Graviton should by all rights be a major threat to the entire MU.

Yet he just doesn't get the face time and respect others like Doom, Magneto, or even Apocalypse get. :o :(

The Question said:
You know, actually, I don't think Saxton would have been able to take legal action. If Day built the suit himself based on Saxton's designs, then they belong to him. As long as he didn't try to sell the suit or anything, he technically commited no crime in creating the suit.

The suit wasn't just based on Kaxton's designs, Day stole Kaxton's hydraulic ram and modified it into the Stilt-Man armour, so Day stol Kaxton's invention and modified for his own purposes, so legally the armour would belong to Kaxton.

Oh. I see. Well, I guess Kaxton would get the parts of the suit that Day stole. Day would still have the rest of the suit, and if he understood how the parts he stole worked, he could remake them.

The Question said:
Oh. I see. Well, I guess Kaxton would get the parts of the suit that Day stole. Day would still have the rest of the suit, and if he understood how the parts he stole worked, he could remake them.

But he would have to pay for that himself, he couldn't steal the parts or money he would need because he would missing a major part of his Stilt-Man armour and if he isn't a good theif with his Stilt-Man suit, he must really suck at it without it. Seriously this why the character doesn't make sense, it costs a ton of money to be Stilt-Man and the armour is not a good tool for a criminal, so if your using for crime, the thing just going to become one giant money pit. That's why it doesn't make sense for Day to desperate for money and become Stilt-Man again, there is no way he can make any real money as a criminal.

Listen, he probably justs tole the money or parts he needed to build a new suit. So what if he's been beaten alot? That doesn't mean he's never pulled off a successfull heist in his life. And I'm sure he's made a profit in his criminal persuits somehwere along the line.

The Question said:
Listen, he probably justs tole the money or parts he needed to build a new suit. So what if he's been beaten alot? That doesn't mean he's never pulled off a successfull heist in his life. And I'm sure he's made a profit in his criminal persuits somehwere along the line.

A guy with no real criminal skills stole the parts he needed without the tool he ususal uses, that makes no sense. Near the end of his career his "evil lairs" were crappy apartments, he never had a gang of any note and never had any real allies in the super villain community and once he was knocked by Turk and Turk was a joke character, does this sound like a sucessful, seriously he quit crime for a reason.

The fact some villains had bad defeats at first, but then adapted and he has still getting humiliating late in his carrer should tell ya something. Face the Stilt-Man armour is a poor tool for criminal purposes and would take a lot of money just to maintain it and Wilbur Day himself has come to dislike his timne as criminal, it makes no sense that he would want to be a criminal again.

What if still man is ment to be a loser thats what hes payed for so that while the hero is kicking the crap out of him they can't stop the real crime. make a story about that where some one like Ben Urick (SP) does a pice on him and finds out that he is just there to keep the heat off the real jobs.

The Overlord said:
A guy with no real criminal skills stole the parts he needed without the tool he ususal uses, that makes no sense. Near the end of his career his "evil lairs" were crappy apartments, he never had a gang of any note and never had any real allies in the super villain community and once he was knocked by Turk and Turk was a joke character, does this sound like a sucessful, seriously he quit crime for a reason.

Just because he hasn't had the most successful criminal career doesn't mean he's never successfully stollen anything in his life. The fact that he still has the Stilt Man suit (and has made several imrpovements to it) shows that he was able to steal the parts he needed to fix it.

The Overlord said:
The fact some villains had bad defeats at first, but then adapted and he has still getting humiliating late in his carrer should tell ya something.

That's only because no ones actually given him the chance to be a good character.

The Overlord said:
Face the Stilt-Man armour is a poor tool for criminal purposes and would take a lot of money just to maintain it and Wilbur Day himself has come to dislike his timne as criminal, it makes no sense that he would want to be a criminal again.

Maybe because he's forced into a situation because he has no other choice. How about he's unable to get work, is at the end of his rope, and is in desperate need of money and food just so he can survive. People will do otherwise crazy things when they're desperate.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
What if still man is ment to be a loser thats what hes payed for so that while the hero is kicking the crap out of him they can't stop the real crime. make a story about that where some one like Ben Urick (SP) does a pice on him and finds out that he is just there to keep the heat off the real jobs.

You know, that might be an interesting angle to take him in. Mobsters and the like pay him simply to be a distraction for the heros and the cops. That could turn into a rather interesting story.

The Question said:
Just because he hasn't had the most successful criminal career doesn't mean he's never successfully stollen anything in his life. The fact that he still has the Stilt Man suit (and has made several imrpovements to it) shows that he was able to steal the parts he needed to fix it.

That's only because no ones actually given him the chance to be a good character.

Maybe because he's forced into a situation because he has no other choice. How about he's unable to get work, is at the end of his rope, and is in desperate need of money and food just so he can survive. People will do otherwise crazy things when they're desperate.

You know, that might be an interesting angle to take him in. Mobsters and the like pay him simply to be a distraction for the heros and the cops. That could turn into a rather interesting story.

Maybe he got the parts he needed to due a loop in story telling logic rather than him being a sucessful criminal, which contradicts all of his past failure as criminal, I mean seriously how is he supoosed to any sort of sucessful criminal if Turk can knock him out and seriously DD was handing him crushing defeats even late in his career, he never became a real threat him so he can make money if DD can beat him 2 minutes after they meet and he gets sent back to prison.

The arguement of him desprate makes no sense whatsoever. Tony Stark runs an engineering firm and Tony is a good enough guy to Wilbur a chance and is smart to realize that Wilbur's skills would be very useful to stark Enterprises. Stark would want to make sure Day would not became a criminal again and want to put his skills to work for his company. Don't tell me Stark wouldn't hire an ex super villain, Hawkeye and Black Widow were ex super villains and he trusted them with his life as an Avenger.

Now the new Stilt-Man could work as a distraction, because this new fool isn't likely sick of crime like Day is, but leave Wilbur Day in civilian life, making him a criminal again would be a step back for him, rather then progression.

The Overlord said:
Maybe he got the parts he needed to due a loop in story telling logic rather than him being a sucessful criminal, which contradicts all of his past failure as criminal, I mean seriously how is he supoosed to any sort of sucessful criminal if Turk can knock him out and seriously DD was handing him crushing defeats even late in his career, he never became a real threat him so he can make money if DD can beat him 2 minutes after they meet and he gets sent back to prison.

Just because he's had alot of failures doesn't mean we should assume that he's never had any successes.

The Overlord said:
The arguement of him desprate makes no sense whatsoever. Tony Stark runs an engineering firm and Tony is a good enough guy to Wilbur a chance and is smart to realize that Wilbur's skills would be very useful to stark Enterprises. Stark would want to make sure Day would not became a criminal again and want to put his skills to work for his company. Don't tell me Stark wouldn't hire an ex super villain, Hawkeye and Black Widow were ex super villains and he trusted them with his life as an Avenger.

That's a fair point. Still, Stark may not have a job opening for Wilbur, or may not even think to give Wilbur a job.

The Overlord said:
Now the new Stilt-Man could work as a distraction, because this new fool isn't likely sick of crime like Day is, but leave Wilbur Day in civilian life, making him a criminal again would be a step back for him, rather then progression.

Fine. I'm just saying, mamking him a criminal again wouldn't be completely unreasonable.

Hmmmmmm:

-Cardiac
-Exodus
-Black Tom Cassidy
-Spiral
-Arcade
-Hammerhead
-Kaine

The Question said:
Just because he's had alot of failures doesn't mean we should assume that he's never had any successes.

That's a fair point. Still, Stark may not have a job opening for Wilbur, or may not even think to give Wilbur a job.

Fine. I'm just saying, mamking him a criminal again wouldn't be completely unreasonable.

I liked the fact the Wilbur day had common sense to quit and if he became a criminal again, I would be very unhappy, that moment was first time I felt Day did something interesting as a character, he learned from his mistakes and decided to move on with his life rather than commit same mistake over and over again, I don't want to the story to be ruined.

Really if Day was desperate for work, you don't think he would apply for work at Stark Enterprises before going back to crime. Iron Man has met stilt-Man before, so he knowns that Day is semi skilled engineer and I'm sure he pays attention to current events and may very well be aware that Stilt-Man quit crime, besides DD could have told Spidey and Spidey could have told Stark. It makes way more sense that day got job with Stark, then him returning to crime.

The distraction idea is interesting, but let the new Stilt-Man play the pawn, I think Day has become too mature for that.

War Lord said:
I would say that Vulture needs a serious revamp.

Also Kraven. Kraven is potentially a really cool villain if he was re-written and had a new costume.

Vulture had a revamp in Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man run.

Kraven is dead, ala Kraven's Last Hunt. Unless you're talking about his son, but he's dead too. Kaine killed him during the Clone Saga. And unless there is another Kravinov running around out there that I don't know about.

The villain who needs a revamp is Chameleon. Knowing he'll be appearing in Sensational Spider-Man soon is a relief and hopefully the start to revamping the character.

I hated how they had Harry Osborn as the "mastermind" behind Peter's parents coming back. It would have been better if Chameleon had been the main mastermind, but Chameleon also didn't know Peter was Spider-Man and thus someone higher up needed to know, blah blah blah.

Chameleon needs more props as a Spidey villain. I mean, he was THE FIRST Spidey villain. :o

Electro was shown to be a potential A-List villain, then Bendis punked out and had him faint by the mere presence of Luke Cage.:rolleyes: Bring back the gangsta Electro.

Darthphere said:
Electro was shown to be a potential A-List villain, then Bendis punked out and had him faint by the mere presence of Luke Cage.:rolleyes: Bring back the gangsta Electro.

I still think that had more to do with Iron Man, Spidey, Cap, and Spider-Woman backing Cage up.

Electro is awesome, no question, but he doesn't have the confidence to take on the Shellhead.

Silver Sable said:
I know I always bring her up but Shriek

Agreed.

She probably lost her powers due to House of M, but there's always a way to bring those back.

Dread said:
Mac Gargan/The Scorpion: Four years ago (almost), I basically wrote a long (over 100 pages in WORD) fan-fiction depicting my revamped version of him and how much of a threat he could be to Spider-Man. He's spent too long as a raving mad lunatic who relies only on strength and a mechanical tail. He needs the cunning mind of a detective to match that. Combine the two and he could have been a rival to match the appeal of Venom.

I've read this fanfic, people, and I can't say enough good things about it.

Dread said:
Mandarin's Son: the Mandarin himself is dead, so the key to enhancing his legacy is doing something with his son. Why not take a cue with the LOTR? Maybe Mandarin's soul is inside the alien rings that his son now holds, and maybe he seems to want to help steer the boy in "his" direction. Not quite posession, but mentally influencing his son to do what he wants, like any father would. His rings allow him to be powerful enough to take on a team of heroes if applied properly. Mandarin always wanted conquest, but why do it like an idiot when you have a hypno-ring? The son takes the slow burn, which is harder to undo over time. Just influence the right people, make enough appearences, make the heroes unsure of who's the servant and who's the master.

I like how Mandarin's son -- Temugin -- is trying to be a good guy, but the rings are hinting at changing his personality to be more like his father. Absolute power currupts...you get the rest. I dig that about the character. Kind of like Norman and Harry Osborn on a much bigger playing field. Magneto level type stuff.

Dread said:
Count Nefaria: As people said, he's essentially "Superman as a Mafia Grandfather". I've heard of many mobsters who bemoan, "if only I had my hands on him, I'd strangle him" or something. Nefaria can be boss and enforcer in one. And he's tough enough to fend off even the best line-up of Avengers. He escaped prison in the first issue of NA, now he needs to knock Kingpin off a peg. Here's a clue; TAKE OVER THOSE AREAS BETWEEN NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA. Make a whole supervillian mafia where they literally divide states and major cities in those areas. By the time heroes sniff what's up, the roots in it are already hard to stop.

I like your ideas and agree with Nefaria being a big shot.

But I think he's moved past mafia type rule. This guy should be running his own Hydra type group by now. With his huge power level, anything less seems below him.

Thought your idea for a whole supervillain mafia seems pretty kick @$$.

Hydra are terrorists. Terrorism isn't Nefaria's style. He's not trying to overthrow any governments or take over the world. He's an old school mafia don. He believes that the system should stay the way it is. He also believes that, by his intelect and his pedigree, it is his right to exploits the system.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not really talking about going terrorist here.

I'm just saying he should have an organization which is as high-tech, resourceful, and loyal as Hydra. I don't see the mob having this. If he is to remake Maggia, then that’s fine.

As of right now though, basic mafia type stuff seems petty for him to deal with, IMHO.

What do you mean, too petty? It's his thing. Arms dealing, drugs, extotion, stuff like that. And, really, his organization could be high tech and loyal. Doesn't mean it still wouldn't be the mob.

The Question said:
What do you mean, too petty? It's his thing. Arms dealing, drugs, extotion, stuff like that.

Pre-getting his powers it suited him fine.

Now he's got Superman-type powers and creating Ionic Bombs. The mob stuff just seems petty now.

The Question said:
And, really, his organization could be high tech and loyal. Doesn't mean it still wouldn't be the mob.

That's what I meant by remaking Maggia. I just don't see it as of this moment.

Tokyo Vigilante #1 said:
Pre-getting his powers it suited him fine.

Now he's got Superman-type powers and creating Ionic Bombs. The mob stuff just seems petty now.

Why is it too petty? It's his thing. He's an old school mafia type. His powers just means that he can be his own enforcer and see little resistance.

The Question said:
Why is it too petty?

It just seems to me he's advanced his super villain game past it.

But if Marvel wants to write him as a mob don, it's not going to break my heart any. As long as he has a powerful showing and makes use of his high IQ, Nefaria is a fun villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"