Which villains need a major revamp?

The Question said:
And the Ten Eyed Man could work around that by using his hands as minimally as possible. Look, all I'm saying is that if you want to make a lame villain cooler, slapping a bunch of new powers on him is not the way to go. The powers and how big a threat level the villain is doesn't equate to how good a character they are. As Bradf Meltzer said, a villain doesn't need to be able to throw a mountain at the heroes to be badass.

Meltzer was the guy who turned Dr. Light into a rapist, that was really stupid in my opinion, so I don't care what he has to say. The problem is Ten Eyed Man's powers are drawback, batman could beat him by grabbing his hand, what's he going to do in return, kick Batman to death? Batman is a great fighter, he could handle some guy who can't use his arms to fight easily, it take massive plot induced stupidity for Ten Eyed Man to be a threat to him. Ten eyed Man doesn't need to be able to throw a mountain, but he needs powers that aren't a drawback, something that would allow him to pose some kind of threat to Batman.

Powers aren't what make a character great. Sure, Batman copuld grab his hand. But Ten Eyed Man could also keep his hand out of Batman's reach. He's not a bad character. And while his powers have drawbacks, that only means he has to be able to work around them.

The Question said:
Powers aren't what make a character great. Sure, Batman copuld grab his hand. But Ten Eyed Man could also keep his hand out of Batman's reach. He's not a bad character. And while his powers have drawbacks, that only means he has to be able to work around them.

Bear in mind Ten Eyed Man was a character that Wolfman & Perez specifically requested to kill in Crisis.

I think you're one of the few people who doesn't think he's lame.

Anyway if they would revamp him it would have to be complete... A totally different version of the character.

Well, I don't really think he's that bad a character. Just tweak the look and how he operates a bit, and he'd be pretty good. Like I said, make him a former special ops marine and ring leader of a gang of bank robbers. He sees out of little devices on his fingertips. He's jokingly called "Ten Eyed Man" behind his back by his gang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"