Which will be the harder role to live up to: Tony Stark or Indiana Jones?

Easy, Indiana Jones. There’s only been one actor to play him (I don’t count the tv series) and it was created specifically as a movie.

Tony Stark is first and foremost a comic book character created in the 1960s. Like Superman and Batman, there will be many actors to play him. Some better than others.

For me, as someone who's been an adult through both of their entire runs (no childhood impressions) it's a dead heat.

Knee jerk reaction I wanna say Indiana Jones and I think I might settle on that choice.
But RDJ as Stark is no pushover with this. Stark may be a comic character, but RDJ has had such influence over the character and how he's been portrayed in most Iron Man related media since 2008 that the character is basically him. While another actor can come through, it'll be very difficult. I think he's up there with Reeves as Supes and Jackman as Wolverine in terms of superhero performance and influence

Indiana Jones.

RDJ is Tony Stark in live action, but Harrison Ford is literally the sole version of Indiana Jones we’ve ever had.

Replacing RDJ is gonna be a chore, let's not downplay it. The new guy can be s theatre trained thespian with all kinds of **** under his belt but if he lacks that off the cuff charisma, he's out on his ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"