Who owned the role more? Downey as Stark/Bale as Wayne

TLH

Hypnotized
Reaction score
Self-explanatory. Title pretty much says it all. Who was better as their character? Who owned the role more?

Bale was in Batman.

Downey was Iron Man.

Screw 'em both. McKellen as Magneto. Actually, I think they all did a fine job.

WOW!!! This is a fantastic question.

I love Bale as Batman. Absolute perfect incarnation in both a business suit and batsuit. I originally thought that some parts of his performance should have been "tweaked" to make him more of the dashing playboy type but then I thought about it; he's not quite ready to be that Bruce Wayne yet. So well played.

Robert Downey Jr absolutely embodied Tony Stark and I think his performance will even affect how Tony is portrayed in the comics. His performance was stellar. He became Iron Man.

I think an actor does his job when you (the viewer) feels as if the character either reflects your own habits or possesses traits that you wouldn't mind having. I can tell you that I was thinking to myself, "Why didn't I study engineering instead of Law?!?!" RDJ did that.

I'm going to have to get off the fence and give a slight edge to Robert Downey Jr. That is until The Dark Knight arrives and I can see what Bale does as a follow up.

I think RDJ is more dedicated to his character than Bale

I dont really see Bale being very dedicated to Batman, but just really dedicated to Nolan, which is good in its own right, but also the flaw in continuing the series without Nolan which may or may not be a possibility.

Cerealliller182. It seems you don't know what Bale went through before and after being cast as Batman. If that is not dedication, I don't know. And Bale being dedicated to Nolan only? Have you read his interviews when it comes to the character of Batman? The passion and understanding is tremendous.

So when it comes to dedication to the role, Christian Bale can not be belittled my friend.

RDJ for me was the best lead performance in any of these comic book movie roles.

Cerealliller182. It seems you don't know what Bale went through before and after being cast as Batman. If that is not dedication, I don't know. And Bale being dedicated to Nolan only? Have you read his interviews when it comes to the character of Batman? The passion and understanding is tremendous.

So when it comes to dedication to the role, Christian Bale can not be belittled my friend.

You mean when he says "there is a lot of fun to have with a movie about a man who dresses as a bat, but Chris is making more serious and dramatic." referring to a question about Shumachers Batman

He is 100% dedicated to Nolans vision. He wont do JLA unless it follows Nolans path at least for Bats. He already talked about not wanting to be Batman (as well as Bond) seeing as he was a fan fave for along time because he was scared of being typecast (this was an old interview i saw at comics2film.com). It wasnt until Nolan took the project and started the current direction where his passion stems from.

Plus everytime someone asks him about Batman and hes not doing Batman press and looks annoyed (and hes totally in the right to be annoyed). I feel like RDJ would thrive on the excitement, but thats just an assumption

Bale. Jeez, IM has been out for, what, a week? And all of a sudden people are getting on their knees and worshipping Downey.

Easy, Ron Perlman. :o

He was born for the role.

Ron> Downey> Bale

haven't seen Iron Man yet I'll hold off on voting for now.

I have to say RDJ, he was Tony Stark. I can't wait to see him as Iron Man agian in the second film.

It's hard because we haven't gotten the full story from either character.

TONY: We still need to see how RDJ pulls off the alcoholism and depression.

BRUCE: We still need to see Bruce Wayne as a philanthropist/funding Harvey Dent and making a different OUT of the Batcave. (Even though we won't see it with Nolan,) We still need to see Bruce as the mentor/older brother/father figure to a young Dick Grayson.

RDJ for me was the best lead performance in any of these comic book movie roles.

Same here. And I think Bale is hurt by the fact that there were so many actors who played Batman before, but RDJ is the first & only Stark, in movies or otherwise. So to me, RDJ is Stark, and Bale is just one of many Wayne.

It's hard because we haven't gotten the full story from either character.

TONY: We still need to see how RDJ pulls off the alcoholism and depression.

not too worried about that, hes got plenty of experience

BRUCE: We still need to see Bruce Wayne as a philanthropist/funding Harvey Dent and making a different OUT of the Batcave. (Even though we won't see it with Nolan,) We still need to see Bruce as the mentor/older brother/father figure to a young Dick Grayson.

What about his back and forth with Rutger Hauer at the end of BB. Kind ofa cutthroat business man.

Bale was very good, but RDJ was brilliant. He is Tony Stark and he owned the role.

these two guys are the upper echelon of superhero/comic book movie actors...its hard to choose but im gona have to give a slight edge to RDJ...I have a slight feeling Bale is gonna top him in TDK though.

these two guys are the upper echelon of superhero/comic book movie actors...its hard to choose but im gona have to give a slight edge to RDJ...I have a slight feeling Bale is gonna top him in TDK though.

I personally doubt this. Batman Begins was Bale's movie; he was the star attraction as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The second film will pretty much be owned by Ledger/The Joker. The Joker has a tendency to overshadow Batman. With everything going on as well, including Dent and some other characters like Maroni and Crane, I'm doubting Bale will see enough screentime to threaten Downey. I mean, he's the main character and we'll see him, but Downey was in pretty much 95% of the movie.

Downey. Every second he was on camera I felt like I was looking at Tony Stark. Bale was good, but it took more to sell me on him.

Both amazing, i think Bale was slightly better but Downey was still awesome.

Both were great. But since there's no option for that I voted Bale out of Bat-bias. :o

Both were great. But since there's no option for that I voted Bale out of Bat-bias. :o

There's no option for that because everybody would have voted it. The point of the poll is to see who people truly like more. Perlman as Hellboy was a joke I put in there, didn't expect it to get any votes but a few people have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"