• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you consider to be some of Batman's most underrated/under used villians?

Spider-Kurt!

Civilian
Reaction score
Prometheus,Hugo Strange and the original bad ass that was Killer Croc were the first ones that came to mind. I'm sorry to say that Bane as a character has not intrigued me much at all since the classic Knightfall story from the 80's.

However,it's nice to see that DC has been making an effort to return the Riddler as more of a major player again in recent years even though they can't seem to make up their minds on how to correctly portray him. They've done considerably better with the Penguin in my opinion.

Opinions?

Hugo Strange is the most underrated. Bring him and his pre-crisis appearance back!

Y'know I thought of this question after reading on on Prometheus' first appearence against the JLA. Hugo Strange was the first name that I actually wrote but then I went back to add Prometheus.LOL

It's good to see that somebody else appreciates Strange as well.

Hugo Strange has got be one of the most underrated villians in Bat's rogue's gallery. Mad scientists are always cool, they can come up with the coolest and most unique inventions to through at a city and it's hero. Plus Strange himself had found out Bat's was Wayne and that could have given a little more leverge to play with Batman/Bruce Wayne (kind of like the Jason Todd had been doing), that was never used to the its full extent.

Fear of god said:
Hugo Strange is the most underrated. Bring him and his pre-crisis appearance back!
They did. :confused:

Victor Zsasz. Excellent character, but he's only appeared a handful of times.

spdrknight said:
Hugo Strange has got be one of the most underrated villians in Bat's rogue's gallery. Mad scientists are always cool, they can come up with the coolest and most unique inventions to through at a city and it's hero. Plus Strange himself had found out Bat's was Wayne and that could have given a little more leverge to play with Batman/Bruce Wayne (kind of like the Jason Todd had been doing), that was never used to the its full extent.
That's the truth. I'd much rather Strange be the one that turned out to be the Red Hood II rather than the (literally)Superboy rocks the DC universe version of Jason Todd.

Spider-Kurt! said:
That's the truth. I'd much rather Strange be the one that turned out to be the Red Hood II rather than the (literally)Superboy rocks the DC universe version of Jason Todd.
As spdrknight said, a Red Hood-like story would suit Strange very well, but him actually being the Red Hood is nearly as ridiculous as Jason Todd being revived by Superboy, IMO.

And, aside from the crazy reason for resurrection, Jason Todd was actually pretty great as Red Hood.

I actually like the idea of jason todd as red hood, but now he is Nghtwing, what the hell?

The Leaguer said:
Isn't "Begins 2" kinda dumb? It's already begun.

I'm just trying to make fun of people who put lines in their signature like Ledger as Joker or eccesltion as joker.

I'm actually kind of fond of the Ten Eyed Man. I really could write a rather good story with him as the villain.

ghost113 said:
I'm just trying to make fun of people who put lines in their signature like Ledger as Joker or eccesltion as joker.
Oh, well, in that case, I fully support your endeavour. :up:

Fear of god said:
They did?
The Batman and the Monster Men mini-series that just came out is based on his first apperance back in '39/'40.

Hugo Strange. Hugo Strange is one of my favorate Batman villians that needs a BIG push. Batman and The Monster Men was a start. Now put him in a very good Batman story that is current and not an early year story.
I'd like to see another favorate of mine get some time again.. Killer Moth. Since I saw him In Robinson's arc recently, I just want to see more of him.
Killer Croc would be good to see especially the 1980's version who in his first appearance was awesome.
Also,I'd like to see Rupert Thorne back. ( which He will be back, along with Dr. Phosphorus in an upcoming Detective Comics story for the November 2006 solicitation.

CConn said:
As spdrknight said, a Red Hood-like story would suit Strange very well, but him actually being the Red Hood is nearly as ridiculous as Jason Todd being revived by Superboy, IMO.

And, aside from the crazy reason for resurrection, Jason Todd was actually pretty great as Red Hood.
I agree with your last point CConn. Despite the ridiculous way they brang him back, the character itself was been handled pretty well. As for the first part, I'm not necessarily saying Strange should have been the Red Hood but, IMO it makes sense that a man so obsessed with Batman would try to mess with his psyche by "becoming" an important character from Batman's past.It's better than seeing him dressed as the Dick Grayson version of Robin or Catwoman!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"