Who has their hearts broken more? Straights or Gays?

Halloween

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since I don't have any homosexual friends (no I am not a homophobe, that is just how it has worked out) I am wondering who has a harder time dealing with a relationship ending? Is it the males and females who date the opposite sex, or is it males and females who date the same sex? I am not asking though about bi-sexuals, because I think they probably have it the worst, having to deal with both sexes.

You can't say someone has their heart broken more of less because of their sexual orientation.

Love is love, and the pain you suffer through losing that love is equally as painful for anyone.

You can't say someone has their heart broken more of less because of their sexual orientation.

Love is love, and the pain you suffer through losing that love is equally as painful for anyone.

I know but you could possibly say it's "common knowledge" to believe that women have a harder time dealing with a break-up from a man than a man would be breaking up with a woman. At least in my experience. I am not implying that women are weaker at all. So I just didn't know if sexual orientation played a part or if it's just gender.

I would imagine that it's about even. Love is a crazy emotion, and I'm sure that gays experience much of the same emotions that straights do. I've seen gay or bi hypsters talk about getting their heart broken before, and it sounded as painful as when I've gotten mine broken before.

I know but you could possibly say it's "common knowledge" to believe that women have a harder time dealing with a break-up from a man than a man would be breaking up with a woman. At least in my experience. I am not implying that women are weaker at all. So I just didn't know if sexual orientation played a part or if it's just gender.

It is a stereotype that women deal with breakups and such harder than men. And I do understand where the stereotype comes from, because the man is supposed to be hardened, uncaring, etc...

But of myself, and the friends that I have, any of us would take it just as hard as any woman if our relationships weren't to work out. In fact, in my own life experience, I think I can only think of one instance of the people that I know, where a girl had a harder time over a break up than the guy, and that was because the guy cheated on her to begin with. It ended up taking her years to get over it and finally move on.

Of the 2 girls that you could say I've "broken up" with (in quotes because while there was a relationship of sorts in these 2 circumstances, we were never traditional boyfriend / girlfriend), the "break ups" were harder both times on me than they were on the girls. My friend broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago, don't know exactly, but it's been awhile, and he's nowhere even close to moving on from her, even though she has moved on with her life. And I know if my other best friend broke up with his girlfriend, who is currently his fiance, he would be absolutely devastated. I think it would be equally hard on both of them.

So no, I don't agree with the stereotype that break ups are harder on women than they are on men. In fact, I'm to a point of being so jaded that I don't know if break ups even effect women anymore. They can throw love away on a whim without any second thought or consequence because they simply don't give a crap.

For the record, I have a "who takes it harder" joke that I can't say without getting banned.

lmao... even when i try to make sense of the question itself... i cant

silly thread....

i dunno, think it completely depends on the person and how they dwell on it. im gay, and have a horrid love life..

Who has their hearts broken more? Simple. Those that have high blood pressure, blockage in their arteries, and/or a history of heart problems in their family.

I think straight people who have failed relationships are more prone to kill themselves or each other than gay people. You never hear about an estranged gay lover hunting down their ex and slaughtering them. It is straight people that put on diapers and drive 2,000 miles to go try and kill their competition. It is straight people that say they were kidnapped and run off to escape marriage. It is straight people that wear tight gloves and murder their ex and her boyfriend and then say they didn't do it but as a future character reference they then kidnap and threaten a guy who was selling football trinkets with a gun. Crazy straight people.

I think straight people who have failed relationships are more prone to kill themselves or each other than gay people. You never hear about an estranged gay lover hunting down their ex and slaughtering them. It is straight people that put on diapers and drive 2,000 miles to go try and kill their competition. It is straight people that say they were kidnapped and run off to escape marriage. It is straight people that wear tight gloves and murder their ex and her boyfriend and then say they didn't do it but as a future character reference they then kidnap and threaten a guy who was selling football trinkets with a gun. Crazy straight people.

actually teen gay suicide is pretty damn high...

lol now imagine the stories you don't hear about.

My heart breaks every morning when I realize Soulja Boy hasn't been assassinated yet.

You completely left out bisexuals:o As a bisexual I have not had my heart broken because i'm a heartless sex hound.

My heart breaks every morning when I realize Soulja Boy hasn't been assassinated yet.
I assume you share my position where "Superman-ing that ho'" refers to your strong desire to punch Soulja Boy into the sun and go off to listen to a significantly better artist...

I think it depends on the individual person, not their sexual orientation.

I really don't think sexual orientation has an impact on how a person reacts to a break up. Once you do get to the part of the relationship where you're really close, if it ends it's going to hurt either way. I do think men and women deal with it differently though, I tend to think women have a better support system to help them deal with the break up, they can really let their emotions out with their friends. Guys on the other hand, tend to keep things bottled up and won't let out their emotions as much. I know when my ex dumped me earlier this year, besides that first weekend I didn't really talk about things that much, just bascially tried to use alcohol and exercise to keep her off my mind. I do believe both parties/genders can be hurt just as much, we just have different ways of dealing with it.

Since I don't have any homosexual friends (no I am not a homophobe, that is just how it has worked out) I am wondering who has a harder time dealing with a relationship ending? Is it the males and females who date the opposite sex, or is it males and females who date the same sex? I am not asking though about bi-sexuals, because I think they probably have it the worst, having to deal with both sexes.

The fallacy here is you assume the emotion of love is different for people based on gender/sex/sexual orientation. How somebody takes a break-up is based on them as an individual, not just if they are male or female, or homo/hetero-sexual.

No doubt about it, gays. They are not truly universally accepted, and tend to be picked on growing up so when they find someone, they tend to put their all into the relationship. Then if it doesn't work out, it hurts. I may be wrong but...it just my opinion.

The fallacy here is you assume the emotion of love is different for people based on gender/sex/sexual orientation. How somebody takes a break-up is based on them as an individual, not just if they are male or female, or homo/hetero-sexual.

I agree with this. :up:

No doubt about it, gays. They are not truly universally accepted, and tend to be picked on growing up so when they find someone, they tend to put their all into the relationship. Then if it doesn't work out, it hurts. I may be wrong but...it just my opinion.

But you didn't read this thread at all.

And what are you talking about being picked on? Everyone gets picked on, but that doesn't mean it translates to wanting to put their all into a relationship. That's a straw man argument.

As the saying goes... if we all bleed the same, then we hurt the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"