Who is behind Daredevil Current Problems? (Spoilers)

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Recently Brubaker has reveal the following details about his upcomming run on Daredevil:

"My first two storylines are really about Matt's chance to figure out what's going on and who's been manipulating his life. The third story will be about a deal he makes and lives to regret."

So it seems rather than Matt being a victim of circumstance, it would seem that some mysterious villain is the cause of DD's woes. So who do think this mysterious villain is?

Colonel Mustard in th' library with th' wrench!

Norman Osborne...sorry been reading too much Spidey

roach said:
Norman Osborne...sorry been reading too much Spidey
don't apoligize for all we know you could be right

You know what'd be interesting? If the villain behind all this was also the guy running round pretending to be Daredevil. Sort of like a Kraven's Last Hunt part, except Matt's in jail, not buried in a coffin.

Um... Mysterio? Maybe all of this stuff was just an illusion and he didn't really kill himself. ;)

Mysterio II: The sequel!

Mysterio is unlikely, I doubt Brubaker would just rip off Smith. I think two goof choices are either Mr. Fear or Purple Man, both would have a grudge against DD and both have the abilities to pull something like this off.

Maybe it's not even a supervillain. Maybe it's a regular guy, an old friend or something.

blah said:
Maybe it's not even a supervillain. Maybe it's a regular guy, an old friend or something.

It could be both, Mr. Fear III (Larry Cranston) was a classmate of Matt Murdock's who became jealous of Matt, his whole purpose in life is get revenge on Murdock.

^ Yeah. And it would be ironically cool for the man without fear to be manipulated by Mr. Fear.

blah said:
^ Yeah. And it would be ironically cool for the man without fear to be manipulated by Mr. Fear.

It has happened before, Cranston framed Karen Page for murder in 1998, Page got off because Fisk rigged the jury, so now Cranston would have a grudge against both Fisk and DD, who have both been arrested.

The Overlord said:
It has happened before, Cranston framed Karen Page for murder in 1998, Page got off because Fisk rigged the jury, so now Cranston would have a grudge against both Fisk and DD, who have both been arrested.
Ah but remember Cranston from what I recall has been on the raft up until New Avengers

Remember Brubaker likes to ressaurect people...so what if Paxton Page is behind it all, he would have the motivation if they ressaurected him
dthshe4.gif

dthshe3.gif

dthshe5.gif

dthshe2.gif

general lukin from captain america? hes being depicted in the cap flip books as a legally untouch able type a perfect foil fr hornhead

ShadowBoxing said:
Ah but remember Cranston from what I recall has been on the raft up until New Avengers

Actually that's the Fagan Mr. Fear, the Cranston Mr. Fear hasn't been seen since 1998. Besides super villains escape from prisons all the time, I doubt anyone from Ryker's is responsible, because matt can keep an eye on them, but Someone from the raft could be.

3dman27 said:
general lukin from captain america? hes being depicted in the cap flip books as a legally untouch able type a perfect foil fr hornhead

But what reason would he have for going after DD. What's his motive?

ShadowBoxing said:
Remember Brubaker likes to ressaurect people...so what if Paxton Page is behind it all, he would have the motivation if they ressaurected him
dthshe4.gif

dthshe3.gif

dthshe5.gif

dthshe2.gif

How intelligent was old Deathhead and what resources did he have? Paxton doesn't look like the sutble type.

The Overlord said:
How intelligent was old Deathhead and what resources did he have? Paxton doesn't look like the sutble type.
He was a research scientist who worked for the government until they branded him as a traitor for not sharing his research....however he is a small enough character you could rewrite him in any fashion. He was Karen's father, so as I say he has motivation.

ShadowBoxing said:
He was a research scientist who worked for the government until they branded him as a traitor for not sharing his research....however he is a small enough character you could rewrite him in any fashion. He was Karen's father, so as I say he has motivation.

Still its hard to blend in if your walking night light like old Paxton was, its hard to be sutble like that. besides Paxton had a research scientist background, that doesn't make him a good schemer.
Besides isn't Paxton insane after his transformation, losing most of his former rational mind. seems like Paxton would just try to blast DD, than create complex legal webs to trap him. Besides wouldn't Paxton try to kill DD and Bullseye, blaming them both? I'm not sure it adds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"