Who Is The Hype's Smartest Poster?

My problem with the thread is that I presumed (I believe, correctly) most people here would define as "smart," the people who agreed with them on various subjects or who dazzled them with their long winded or snarky posts. None of those define smartness, in my opinion.

I don't think that is a problem with the thread. It is a problem with anybody who uses that specific definition of smart.

It was not up to me to define "smart". I could had but that is only one perspective.

There is a plethora of definitions for "smart" in this thread and reading and considering all of them helps to give one a greater meaning and appreciation for the term...and for the posters who we assign that term to.

My problem with the thread is that I presumed (I believe, correctly) most people here would define as "smart," the people who agreed with them on various subjects or who dazzled them with their long winded or snarky posts. None of those define smartness, in my opinion.
That's no necessarily true. Like knowsbleed, I too don't agree with all of Wilhelm's opinions but whether you agree with what a poster has to say or not, shouldn't the criteria to your definition of "intelligence". I can disagree with posters like Wilhelm and yet give him credit for his intelligence. He may be long-winded but I believe his answers are well thought-out. And I can appreciate that. Also, I think he's intelligent because, imo, his arguments have substance.

But anyway, like raybia and knowsbleed have pointed out, the definition of "smart" varies from person to person. For me, it's a combination of knowledge and the choices that you make. There could be more but right now, I can only think of those two.

So you could say we're all pretty smart for saying that jag is :up:

That is correct.

In order to spur greater discussion I left it up to each of us to define what it means to be smart and I will say this about the thread so far...there a number of excellent thought provoking responses from posters so I'm kind of surprised that while the posters who I feel are very smart have confirming that in this thread, there are many other posters who may not be as renown demonstrating they are very intelligent too.

Amazing that many Hypers are able to rise to the occasion! :yay:

I appreciate the personal shoutout but there are too many people on the Hype much smarter than me to where my name shouldn't really be mention.

I will say this though, reading the logical and rational responses and the styles of people like jag, Wilhelm, Mr. Sparkle especially in the middle of debate has proved to be very educational for me and has made me a better poster. There many others too but those names come to mine because they are also some of the most active posters on the Hype as well.

knowsbleed reading many of your posts you too are very smart. :yay:

Sometime we underestimate posters because not every engages into debates but it seems that most everyone has made contributions towards educating others here on the Hype.
So much wisdom in this post. ;) :up:

This thread has shown me that there are many smart posters whose name didn't cross my mind, mainly because I've not observe their posts or that they don't engage in too much debates here. It's a very pleasant surprise. I would make my list of 20 but in the light of this, I don't think it's fair for me to list only 20 posters.

So much wisdom in this post. ;) :up:

This thread has shown me that there are many smart posters whose name didn't cross my mind, mainly because I've not observe their posts or that they don't engage in too much debates here. It's a very pleasant surprise. I would make my list of 20 but in the light of this, I don't think it's fair for me to list only 20 posters.

Thanks and I agree with your 2nd paragraph.

By the way I'm still calling your name. What do I have to lose? :brucebat:

You're a smart *ass. Yes you are.

*take that as a term of endearment.

ass-h.jpg

jag

Thanks and I agree with your 2nd paragraph.

By the way I'm still calling your name. What do I have to lose? :brucebat:
Uhh... your driving privilege? You sir, are obviously high on something.

Wait... I see the "Bella signal" in the form of a Bale avatar. Someone calleth. I must leave now for I am needed! Up, up and away!!! Oops... I'm no Superman. :csad:

Damn, that is one hot ass!! *swoon*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"