Who Is The Hype's Smartest Poster?

Uhh... your driving privilege? You sir, are obviously high on something.
I really don't feel deserving but... thank you for your confidence in me.

LOL. You too are on my list of smartest posters. Seriously, its really great that we have the number of great minds on this board as well as the many engaging personalities. The banter is a big part of the Hype's greatness.

Makes it fun to be a member around here.

If you could stand still while I get this rifle scope locked in you that'd be great, mmkay? Thanks.

jag

This will be the one time that i fall asleep standing still , waiting for you to figure out what your doing. heh heh

This will be the one time that i fall asleep standing still , waiting for you to figure out what your doing. heh heh

My taxidermist will find you quite the prize.

jag

You know, I would love to be discussing smarts with you folks, but right now I'm tied up on the phone with my exotic mistress (who happens to currently be telling me about the best cell phone deals. :o)

I'm pretty new here so I haven't talked with a lot of you guys so a top ten might be a stretch for me, but three posters that come to mind are Jag, Wilhelm, and Mr. Sparkle.

These guys stand out because they are the first to chime in in some thread that involves critical thinking and forming an opinion of their own based on evidence. There's quite a few posters here who just throw stuff out there and expect everyone else to believe just because it was said on a message board. I think Wil, Jag and Sparkle aka Homer take this as a declaration of war and fight back with facts instead of flame. It's funny to watch someone who doesn't know any of these three try and debate them.

I also dig these guys because, not only do they know a lot; they also don't know a lot. And they will admit it. If they don't know something they will concede that or just shut up. They only claim to know when they actually know. People, there is a lesson to learn from that.

I also want to give some respect to Bella, Shadow Boxing, Sinewave and Twy. I haven't interacted with you a lot, but I know enough to know you post with your brains and hearts and not with your egotistical desire to jack your post count up.

I'm pretty new here so I haven't talked with a lot of you guys so a top ten might be a stretch for me, but three posters that come to mind are Jag, Wilhelm, and Mr. Sparkle.

These guys stand out because they are the first to chime in in some thread that involves critical thinking and forming an opinion of their own based on evidence. There's quite a few posters here who just through stuff out there and expect everyone else to believe just because it was said on a message board. I think Wil, Jag and Sparkle aka Homer take this as a declaration of war and fight back with facts instead of flame. It's funny to watch someone who doesn't know any of these three try and debate them.

I also dig these guys because, not only do they know a lot; they also don't know a lot. And they will admit it. If they don't know something they will concede that or just shut up. They only claim to know when they actually know. People, there is a lesson to learn from that.

I also want to give some respect to Bella, Shadow Boxing, Sinewave and Twy. I haven't interacted with you a lot, but I know enough to know you post with your brains and hearts and not with your egotistical desire to jack your post count up.

I'm glad you posted because even though you haven't been here long I have read many of your comments and you too are a very smart poster as you seem really grounded in logic and reasoning.

Also, I haven't seen Kent's name being mention and thats a shame because he is also a very logical and intelligent poster.

Damn it Raybia! I'm came back in here to add you to my post. Now if I do it it just looks like I'm trying to hard...

but either way...a strong shout out to Raybia. The man is an asset to the hype.

These guys stand out because they are the first to chime in in some thread that involves critical thinking and forming an opinion of their own based on evidence. There's quite a few posters here who just throw stuff out there and expect everyone else to believe just because it was said on a message board. I think Wil, Jag and Sparkle aka Homer take this as a declaration of war and fight back with facts instead of flame. It's funny to watch someone who doesn't know any of these three try and debate them.

This is for you:
captainamerica.gif

:up:

jag

I'm glad you posted because even though you haven't been here long I have read many of your comments and you too are a very smart poster as you seem really grounded in logic and reasoning.

Also, I haven't seen Kent's name being mention and thats a shame because he is also a very logical and intelligent poster.
I mentioned him not too long ago. He and Bill are far too overlooked in this thread, I agree.

Damn it Raybia! I'm came back in here to add you to my post. Now if I do it it just looks like I'm trying to hard...

lol!

No problem. I appreciate the shoutout.

I'm not definitely not on the top 20 or 30 list of smartest posters but somewhere out there is a top 10 list I belong on but I do recognize smarts when I see it.

My greatest asset IMO is that when I recognize my ignorance on a particular subject matter on the Hype I know how to stay quiet in order to not reveal it. :woot:

My greatest asset IMO is that when I recognize my ignorance on a particular subject matter on the Hype I know how to stay quiet in order to not reveal it. :woot:

Yeah, the world needs more people who don't know everything. People who now everything learn nothing new. A planet full of people who refuse to learn anything new downright frightens me.

:up: agreed! its a good thing you didnt leave Raybia .

Yeah, the world needs more people who don't know everything. People who now everything learn nothing new. A planet full of people who refuse to learn anything new downright frightens me.

I agree with you.

One thing this thread shows in that every human has the capability for intelligence.

We just cannot be afraid to develop it and use it. Once humanity as a whole learns to do that the world will be a much better and safer place.

I agree with you.

One thing this thread shows in that every human has the capability for intelligence.

We just cannot be afraid to develop it and use it. Once humanity as a whole learns to do that the world will be a much better and safer place.
See? That's why you made my list. :applaud:

I don't think that is a problem with the thread. It is a problem with anybody who uses that specific definition of smart.

It was not up to me to define "smart". I could had but that is only one perspective.

There is a plethora of definitions for "smart" in this thread and reading and considering all of them helps to give one a greater meaning and appreciation for the term...and for the posters who we assign that term to.

I absolutely agree with that. I've known geniuses who, while brilliant in some ways are absolute dumbasses in others. Seriously. It's kind of weird and sad, but at least they have something. And there are other people who may not comprehend quantum physics, but they are smart enough to be happy within their lives, and that makes them the true geniuses, imho. Having said that though, I can't imagine anybody honestly defining 'smart' as someone who agrees with their point of view. In fact, such a definition would be pretty dumb. :woot:

That's no necessarily true. Like knowsbleed, I too don't agree with all of Wilhelm's opinions but whether you agree with what a poster has to say or not, shouldn't the criteria to your definition of "intelligence". I can disagree with posters like Wilhelm and yet give him credit for his intelligence. He may be long-winded but I believe his answers are well thought-out. And I can appreciate that. Also, I think he's intelligent because, imo, his arguments have substance.

1.gif
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. You thought I was talking about Wilhelm. :woot: :woot:

Poor little Wilhelm.
3.gif

It takes a lot more than just raw intelligence for me to consider someone "smart." For me, one needs to be intelligent but also driven, confident, entertaining and must have a sense of humor. And the following people definitely have that.

And, what is there to mention that already hasn't been about these folks? Surely I'll be redundant in the descriptions, but, hey, these people all have qualities in common and have all been mentioned frequently in this thread, so don't hate. :o

And, in no particular order...

jaguarr
He's got to be one of the most intellectually level members here. The man always knows what he's talking about, he's very personable and has a great sense of humor. There's definitely a handful of reasons why nearly everyone in this thread has mentioned him. :up:

Wilhelm-Scream
Wil puts a lot of thought into his posts. And I think it's easy for him. He knows exactly where he stands and his posts are heavily opinionated, yet filled with logic and common sense. He's confident, and confidence is a great tool for a smart person.

Logan's Runt
I know this gal pretty well. She's an extremely intelligent person (who, of course, is also very sexy.) I've had many conversations with her and I easily gathered that she's a thinker, and like Wilhelm, is very opinionated, logical and is stuffed with common sense.

knowsbleed
I have also talked a lot with this guy. And he's one of the funniest people I know. He's sharp and not afraid to say what he thinks and that quality, in itself, is pretty damn smart. He always makes for a great conversation. I'm almost willing to say I may have learned a thing or two from him. :o

Showtime
I think it's smart to be decent at all times - even on a message board. That's Showtime. He has his own sense of humor and is a genuinely nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. He's a lot of fun to talk to. And he's got a lot of talent as well.

Badger
Like Showtime, he's a good example of what people should be like on the Hype!; smart, quick-witted, light-hearted and easy to interact with.

Mee
This kid's wit is what best alludes to his smarts. He makes for a great journalist and has talent. He's, perhaps, one of the most entertaining home schoolers I know.

Erzengel
Erz is what I would consider one of the most technically "book smart." The guy knows a lot, and it's obvious simply by the way he posts - which is always entertaining.

Hunter Rider
It's pretty apparent, just through his administration skills, that Hunter is an intelligent fella. He's a great conversationalist who is level-headed, easy-going, and an all around decent guy.

DBella
She's adamant about her positions in arguments and can back them up well, but always seems to be interested in where others stand. She's another thinker who is considerate, fun and definitely has a presence in a discussion.

By smart, If you mean people who can captivate me by holding an intelligent yet funny conversation...then I would include:

Jag: If a person can get their thoughts across to everyone without speaking down to them then I'm all for that person. Jag doesn't try to force his opinion into people's throats and I appreciate that kind of poster. Why should you try to do that anyway? People's opinions here are very hard to sway anyway...no matter how good the advice it. But Jag does provide very good advice to the young'ns (not necessarily young in age...but in mind) here and does so in a patient manner. But I'm not gay for him or anything...that's Badger.

Badger -Phil: I like Phil, he keeps things short and sweet and straight to the point. Common sense wins the day over lengthy, overthought, trifling posts...and that works for me. But he's still gay for Jag.

Wilhelm: Though I disagree with MANY of the things he likes to spout hate on...I respect the man's ability to think outside the box. I also appreciate a person who thinks before he posts...and Wil certainly does that.

Hunter Rider: He's a mod...I don't care. I really don't understand the hate that just being a mod can garner. Hunter is a person who not only appreciates the female form...but can participate in a conversation without being an ash. As common as that should be...its a rarity. The animosity with the name in red syndrome is something that boggles me.

Bamfer: He's funny...and funny to me is someone who posts sharply yet not seriously. The key to staying power around here is not taking the Hype too seriously...and though you may have intelligence/books smarts/whatever...you may be a life failure because you don't know how to take a joke.

Erz: Goes without saying really, his posts are filled common sense. And I value common sense more than books smarts any day...though you can tell Erz is an educated individual.

Mee: Smart young man who hasn't fallen prey to being baited by other posters who do nothing but bait other posters. That's all folks.

LogansRunt: Nothing is hotter than a female who can hold a witty conversation and get her point across with sharpness. A blade couldn't cut though the BS better than she can.

Showtime: Showtime029's got many qualities that I've pointed out above. He's good with the witty banter but can also bring the common sense without being an ash. Smart posting indeed.

To be continued...

Thanks knowsbleed...

but, :cmad:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"