Who Is The Hype's Smartest Poster?

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by raybia, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

wrong pronoun, yo. :(

2. coreymb16 Not a Side-Kick

It's hard to decide who is the smartest because if you pick a very smart person, in the whole entire forum might have someone smarter.

3. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Haha

Mr. Sparkle is really flippin smart :up:

4. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Yeah, Mr. Sparkle is definitely high up on my list.

5. SuBe Voluntaryist

Thanks for the Shout out. I try to be intellegent about what I post. :woot: I'm on the Most Annoying thread too. I must be memorable.

6. LegendaryCaleb Registered

Fran......

am i the only one who said that?

7. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

There is a difference between smart and wordy, my dear Wilhelm.

Anyhow, I don't think its fair that you stipulated no moderators Raybia.

Hunter Rider, Kel, Immortalfire, and C. Lee are some of our most intelligent posters. Immortalfire and I used to have great debates, and C. Lee always gave an interesting perspective to the political debates before he became a moderator.

Aside from those 4 I'd say that Jag, Bella, Hippie_Hunter, Sinewave, Showtime, Erzengel, StorminNorman, Sparkle, and you, Raybia are all very smart posters. There are more, needless to say, but those are the ones who come into my head when I think of the smartest Hypsters.

Of course, let us not forget the smart posters of yesteryear who have left us for better places. PALADIN was brilliant. A condescending ass, but brilliant. Jonty for all our disagreements was incredibly articulate and clever (though he should've known better than to pick fights with his nephew). As much as we seem to have our...differences, Daisy is pretty damn smart (she still posts from time to time, though she seems to be retired for the most part). Aunt Petunia's little scheme pulled the wool over all of our eyes. You gotta give it to him for that. And I personally consider this person the smartest poster in Hype history, hands down. Truthteller. The man was brilliant. We disagreed on nearly everything, but he was articulate, clever, quick witted, and had an immense ammount of knowledge.

8. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered. Same the Kevin Roegele. The man has an encyclopedic knowledge of movies.

9. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

In no particular order and more than 10 (yes, I read the rules / damn the man):

Dbella
    Erzengel
    jaguarr
    Mr. Sparkle
    Fran
    Wilhelm-Scream
    TOB
    Showtime
    Mee
    knowsbleed
    Superman79
    Shadowboxing
    Jack Rabbit
    Logans Runt

10. Memphis Slim Registered

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raybia [​IMG]
    Yeah, that is what Spoons was telling me. No cold showers for him.

By the way I think you forgot to mention Slim.

Also, Is maxwell's demon still around? He is a very rational thinker and very calm in his delivery.

Translation: I disagree with Slim on pretty much everything...plus he's conservative. Therefore not intelligent.

Hey does it count that I use "you're" and "your" properly?? :hehe: Because some you really smart guys don't. :yay:

11. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

Thanks Jag.

12. LegendaryCaleb Registered

Badgers also a smart poster...sometimes ;)

13. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

The fact that you do not use simple logic and blurt out whatever Rush Limbaugh says that day is what keeps you off of my list. Not the fact that we disagree. Several people I disagree with are on my list. Hell, Truthteller is my all time smartest poster and we never agreed.

14. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Lol Spoons was just ****ing around with you. Raybia = not on the smartest person list :csad: (just kiddin)

15. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

I'm always smart :o, even when you don't like it. :cwink:

16. Matt Murdock Registered

17. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I'm sorry I left you and Spoons off my list. I think you're both great but I can't recall ever having a conversation with either of you outside of passing banter and the Ultimate X-Men thread so I couldn't really be a fair judge. :csad:

18. rdh007 Brit Wannabe

jag and Wilhelm stand out to me.

19. SuBe Voluntaryist

Slim: You forgot:

"Diveristy, Diveristy, Diveristy! But not in thought, If you think like me, you are on the Smartest Person Thread. If I think you are a Bush-Bot without me ever really reading your post and seeing how insightful what you say really means.... *goes into a liberal tangent about building 7 being and inside job...*"

20. rdh007 Brit Wannabe

Truthteller was so wrong, but you're right; he wasn't stupid. Though I have to say celldog may deserve a shot. Also, I miss Paladin. :( Sparky FTW!

21. ShadowBoxing Registered

Usually I'd say Jag, Erz, Matt or Spoons...but I've noticed, much like that list, most of the people are talking about people they generally agree with. My first inclination would be to say jag, there's a reason I started letting him basically run the fitness thread. But am I saying him because he's truly the smartest, or do I just tend to see eye to eye with him...hard to say.

Raybia is among my favorites, as he is well versed on Islam, and I am not. It seems to me in considering who is the smartest I'd have to think of someone who could convince me of something I didn't already feel was true, either that or I'd have to know of something they accomplished that I never could.

In seriousness, the smartest people here are probably folks like Aunt Petunia, who pulled the wool over everyone's eyes, and they aren't the only con artists. Then of course there is Superman79, who is a lawyer, obviously that takes some intelligence. A little known poster to the community is DREAD, who writes comic reviews in exacting details. He seems pretty smart, although I've never seen him go to far in depth on anything besides Joss Whedon's writing.

Lightning Strikez! strikes me as particularly intelligent, especially in his defense of the Soul Glo Lounge.

Then, I give it up to an old nihilistic adversary, TheSumofGod. Wakko, but probably also very brillant.

22. Apollo Registered

Wilhelm for correcting my grammar last year.

23. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Yeah, you never seem to be around when I get into debates with people :csad: Surprisingly, even when I debate with people in the Heroes threads! :wow: I stopped going to them now though, the fanboys scared me :csad:

24. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

:wow: I left you off my list. I'm sorry. I can't believe I forgot you. I'd say Celldog deserved a shot if I saw any of his posts as his own thoughts as opposed to regurgitated Rush Limbaugh talking points.

25. Memphis Slim Registered

Is that you,Fran?? :wow: [​IMG]

Drug trreatment is only a phone call away....