Sequels Who Is Writing Man of Steel?

If you will remember, there are some WB executives who wanted to wait and see how The Incredible Hulk did...

Robotech huh. Why am I not surprised.

One wonders what happened to Clash of the Titans? The talk of that script (that Kasdan also penned) was beyond amazing, and WB/Legendary Pictures signed Stephen Norrington (Blade) to direct...and we haven't heard a word since.

If you'll all remember, it was on the infamous list of films the studios were going to churn out before the SAG Strike...

It's funny, Titans was listed first on Legendary's website and they moved it down and moved Superman 2 up, yet we have heard just as much about Superman 2 as we have Titans.

Titans was due to drop in 2010...

Knowing who they have writing Robotech.

Well I think it is very relevant, considering that he is writing a script for a movie that is most likely dropping Summer 2010. Sometimes these press releases come in bunches. Just something to speculate on.

Robotech wasn't talked about barely at all, boom, a press release. It is either that or we can talk about whether the suit was the right color red in Returns.

Correct. When WB officially announced The Dark Knight in late July 2006, it came almost out of nowhere (i.e. nobody leaked info before hand and what not).

So do you think that after the announcement of Robotech there isn't any hope for the Man of Steel?

So do you think that after the announcement of Robotech there isn't any hope for the Man of Steel?

No. The point is there was absolutely no talks, rumors, rumblings, etc. about Robotech and now there's an official press-release from the studio saying it's happening.

So just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean they're not working on it...

No. The point is there was absolutely no talks, rumors, rumblings, etc. about Robotech and now there's an official press-release from the studio saying it's happening.

So just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean they're not working on it...

IMO if Showtime is right, we will know something soon.
For two reasons:

1) TIH proves that a reboot doesn't guarantee better numbers at the box office.

2) If they want to do a SR sequel, they can't wait anymore: 4 years are more than enough.

If they don't announce anything soon, we can assume that there'll not be any Superman movie for some years.

IMO if Showtime is right, we will know something soon.
For two reasons:

1) TIH proves that a reboot doesn't guarantee better numbers at the box office.

2) If they want to do a SR sequel, they can't wait anymore: 4 years are more than enough.

If they don't announce anything soon, we can assume that there'll not be any Superman movie for some years.
sensible. so 'soon' is how soon?

robotech??? sounds like a rip off of ironman. do you think it is because they see the huge profit made by ironman and therefore they rush into making this robotech movie?

robotech??? sounds like a rip off of ironman. do you think it is because they see the huge profit made by ironman and therefore they rush into making this robotech movie?

WB first announced Robotech after the success of Transformers.

WB and Maguire Adapting Robotech
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
September 7, 2007

Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the rights to bring anime classic "Robotech," which featured giant robots known as mechas, to the big screen. "Spider-Man" franchise star Tobey Maguire is producing through his Maguire Entertainment and is eyeing the lead role in what the studio plans on being a tentpole sci-fi franchise.

"We are very excited to bring 'Robotech' to the big screen," Maguire said. "There is a rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film."

Drew Crevello also is producing through his Supercool Hollywood BigTime Productions. Craig Zahler (The Brigands of Rattleborge) will write the screenplay.

"Robotech" was a cartoon series during the 1980s from Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko Productions. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

A sprawling sci-fi epic, Robotech takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion concerns a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship's energy source known as "protoculture," and the planet's survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots.

Frank Agrama of rights-holder Harmony Gold will executive produce; Jason Netter will serve in a producer capacity.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6274

It's clear that Robotech is the anti-Transformers.
Reguarding Superman, I'm waiting for the SDCC, or for the end of the summer.
Then I will stop waiting for a Superman movie for at least 10 years.

I think we will definitely hear something this Summer, probably at SDCC.

The fires can look like they are all out on the outside but what about the inside where people can't physically see from the passenger area? After a plane is in flames with some exploding parts do you really think the passengers wouldn't have to evacuate that plane right away? And what did Superman do? He actually just left everyone inside and left instead of making sure everyone got out after hanging out a few seconds for his standing ovation:huh:
He was to busy quoting cheesy dialogue form STM.

^^So you think Superman is cheesy? Because I think that line rocks ('safest way to travel'= pure Superman)

^^So you think Superman is cheesy? Because I think that line rocks ('safest way to travel'= pure Superman)

I liked that line in the original movie, but I thought using it in SR just showed how unoriginal SR was. Yes I think STM is cheesy, that dose not mean I do not enjoy it I’m just saying there are things in that movie (like time travel) that seem very cheesy to me.

Well, there was one recent Robotech rumor. Warner Bros reps were at the 20th Annual Licensing International Expo in New York last week discussing possible product tie-in deals for the studio's near and long term movies. Among those movies under licensing discussion was Robotech.
Long-term, live-action Robotech, Johnny Quest, World of Warcraft, He-Man and Justice League films are also on the agenda for licensing, as well as the CGI Thundercats and a third Batman film from Chris Nolan, Gilmore says.
http://www.playthings.com/article/CA6569991.html?desc=topstory

BATMAN BEGINS Producer + EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Screenwriter = ROBOTECH Movie?? Seems So...
Since were on the subject and nobody ever on my Robotech topic heres some more info on the movie form AICN

Merrick here...

Last week, CHUD sources said that Lawrence Kasdan would be scripting Toby Maguire's ROBOTECH project (HEREZ) - which has now been confirmed in THIS Hollywood Reporter article.

The HR piece also reveals that Chuck Roven (BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT, and AFRO SAMURAI)and Akiva Goldsman have fallen into place as producers.

You can find more about ROBOTECH HERE (click "an Introduction to ROBOTECH").

Sounds like they got some real talent workin on this

They need to drop the undies outside the costume for people to take this character seriously. I mean Batman did it for the movies, why can't superman?

I dont think that was the biggest problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"