Homecoming Who is YOUR Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Mr. -I was drawn by Ditko- himself.

1. Asa (A Superior Actor):woot:

2. Asa

3. Asa

I guess I could live with the Charlie guy if it happened, though.

1. me (at age 28)

2. Charlie Rowe

3. Dylan O'Brien
(nothing against him personally, just never saw him as Spidey, plus his so called "supporters" took it to far to the point that I was just sick of hearing his name)

Last edited:
I just don't want asa nyself. He doesn't have right look I like to see. He doesn't seem thst lively or charming then others. Those are some of the reasons I don't want to see him in role.

Same goes for lintz and kewis. They are far to young. Unknown factors. And totally not right look for role.

I still want top as first choice. Rowe a close second place. And if it wasn't them. I could probably take plummer.

I also would've wanted Jake Gyllenhaal instead of Tobey Maguire.

1. Dylan O'Brien
2. Charlie Rowe
3. Every other kids on those shortlist

And yeah, I miss Andrew Garfield.

I really don't like what MARVEL STUDIO is doing with Spidey since the deal has been made. Casting a kid as Parker/ Harry Potter alike ... It seems they really want to kill that franchise.

For 'category 1', my pick is Isaac Hempstead-Wright

For 'category 2', my pick is Asa Butterfield

For 'category 3', my pick is the thankfully-not-actually-in-contention Dylan O'Brien

For 'category 1', my pick is Isaac Hempstead-Wright

For 'category 2', my pick is Asa Butterfield

For 'category 3', my pick is the thankfully-not-actually-in-contention Dylan O'Brien
Are you serious? :huh:
First Isaac supporter to be seen in ages.

Last edited:
Jake Gyllenhaal is probably the only actor who could have convincingly played Batman and Spider-man both

Hell he could have easily played the Joker too (just watch 'Nightcrawler')

Dylan O'Brien is my Spider-Man.

Still tom and rowe are my ideal choicrs. And if it's not them I settle for plummer.

1. Dylan O'Brien, 17/18
2. Charlie Rowe or Tom Holland
3. Asa Butterfield, Freddie Highmore, Isaac Hempstead-Wright

My choice was actually Joseph Gordon Levitt during the "soft reboot S6" talk in the aftermath of ASM 2. The actor had name recognition, acting acclaim, and fit the role to a T imo. He can play nerdy and suave , funny and dramatic, and totally likable. He would have been the "please all factions " Spiderman and he'd already had a history with Marc Webb. However, he's already developing something with DC in addition to being "Robin" in TDKR. He's also too old. Once they announced that they were taking Spiderman back to highschool, that was it .

I think he woulda have been a good choice that could get the GA interested in the film and would have a replacement that fans would have been more willing to get behind. Plus he had the name recognition and acting cred which would give even the most skeptical critic a reason to at least be curious.

1. Dylan O'Brien, make him a junior in high school
2. Charlie Rowe or Tom Holland
3. I don't know. I've warmed up to Asa, but those others on the list, I'm not getting a Parker vibe.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is exactly what I want from Spider-man. He's very funny (watch the movie 50/50 if you already haven't), but he can also be nerdy very naturally. And look at young JGL, it's like real life Ultimate Peter Parker

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-10-Things-I-Hate-About-You.3.jpg

Anyway, It looks like Tom Holland might be a perfect pick for a young Spidey at the moment. Funny with the right amount of awkward, and he certainly can act. People say that Asa is a safe bet for some reason, and maybe that's true in the way that the majoritie's inital reaction to the casting announcement might be better, but when it comes to playing an authentic Peter Parker, Tom Holland is the safer pick

Last edited:
1. Andrew Garfield
2. Andrew Garfield
3. Asa Butterfield, All those other weird kids lmao, Toby Maguire

1. Dylan O'Brien

2. Charlie Rowe

3. Isaac "girly" Hempstead-Wright, Judah "Hanson" Lewis, Matthew "toddler" Lintz, Vincent "Woody Allen" Martella, Timothee "smug face" Chalamet.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is exactly what I want from Spider-man. He's very funny (watch the movie 50/50 if you already haven't), but he can also be nerdy very naturally. And look at young JGL, it's like real life Ultimate Peter Parker

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-10-Things-I-Hate-About-You.3.jpg

Yeah. Its a shame the timing just wasn't right. I actually liked him more than Jake for the part. Jake is a good actor no doubt, but JGL just had everything, the acting chops, personality, charm, , dorkiness, and could do drama and humor equally well, in addition to being able to pass for the Lee, Romita, or Ultimate versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"