Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Peter Parker in the comics bulked up over time. He started off somewhat skinny in those Ditko issues and then later began to put on some mass towards the Romita years. I think ripped but not bulky is the way to go. I liked how shredded Tobey was in SM1, before his back troubles.

As for the suit discussion...the animated USM show suit is great. If they used that I'd be fine with it however I'm with JOE in that I don't like how the red doesn't connect from the should piece to the wrist/glove.

how about raisin-Spidey?

Spiderman-01.jpg

I like the aspect of the smaller eyes for a more adult Spidey contrasting with the bigger eyes for a more younger Spidey. :)

lol I was just kidding guys :oldrazz: that thing is kinda hideous

Phew! :woot:

the costume in this pic is my ideal choice

ultsm_112.jpg

That costume looks awesome. I can't remember, did Immonen use the fat tick spider on the back of the suit in his drawings? I think he used a variation of it, not sure though. I approve of this suit definitely and use the classic Romita back fat tick spider and we're solid.

Ya spidey doesn't need to be huge muscle freak of a giy. Some build up and increase in size over the yrs is way to go. And tom has the body type for that.

As for suit for the homemade suit I still believe it be more clothed based. Either kickass like or quicksilver aou outfit like. Then in the solo film he upgrades and material wise and looks wise be more like past suits.

Why do I have this feeling that Tom Holland is going to be more of a miss than a hit. No one is talking about the guy. He doesn't have any of the excitement going on for him, like say, Boyega in Star Wars, Cumberbatch in Dr Strange, Boseman in Black Panther, and heck, even Marisa Tomei as Aunt May.

Why do I have this feeling that Tom Holland is going to be more of a miss than a hit. No one is talking about the guy. He doesn't have any of the excitement going on for him, like say, Boyega in Star Wars, Cumberbatch in Dr Strange, Boseman in Black Panther, and heck, even Marisa Tomei as Aunt May.

You're comparing Benedict Cumberbatch to Tom Holland? :loco:

If you've watched The Impossible, you wouldn't give a crap about the opinion of others. He's going to be good, don't worry.

Last edited:
Man just cause folks aren't posting here doesn't mean he isn't liked or loved. I only seen very little of his work. And I can't wait to see what he brings to peter and spidey.

I like the aspect of the smaller eyes for a more adult Spidey contrasting with the bigger eyes for a more younger Spidey. :)

I never thought about it this way. I kinda like the smaller eyes but they probably would go better with a more adult Spidey. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen small eyes on a scrawny teenage Spidey.

I would just not want eyes to be to large or taking up to much space on on mask. As it would look toony and logestically what to do with lens so big.

Last edited:
I never thought about it this way. I kinda like the smaller eyes but they probably would go better with a more adult Spidey. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen small eyes on a scrawny teenage Spidey.

The spectacular design had eyes that were kinda small
I would just jot want eyes to he t9 large or taking up to much space on on mask. As it would look toony and logestically what to do with lens so big.
bigger lenses make sense because of peripheral vision

I am talking about for the costume folks and lens filling so much space that would be better used for other things for mask.

Doesn't have the excitement where? Because I heard a ton of positive buzz about him before he was picked for Spider-Man for his upcoming movie as well as for The Impossible.

I think folks just think things are negative now as folks not posting every 5 seconds as it was for awhile. I am glad for one to not be off for say an hr or two and see 20 pages to catch up on. Plus also its summer now folks are also likely busy with work, family, vacation, or judt taking time away from board to we get closer to film in production.

I think people are annoyed at this being yet another reboot and have to get use to the idea and see footage to get excited.

The spectacular design had eyes that were kinda small
True, and I liked those.

Then again, the Amazing Spider-Man 1 eyes were small too and I haaaated those.

Honestly, I think that the size actually doesn't matter as much as the shape. But, how good a particular shape looks does depend on it's size.
I am talking about for the costume folks and lens filling so much space that would be better used for other things for mask.

Spider-Man needs his mask to allow him to do three things: see, breathe, and keep his face concealed. Large eyes probably won't affect any of those. I mean, if they were reeeaaaally huge then maybe they'd affect his breathing.

I wonder if Hollands Peter will were baggy pants like in SSM.

He's a young guy who has only been in a few big movies so it's not suprising, that and the Spider-man fatigue of the GA.
He's undoubtedley a great young actor and once people see him as Spidey they will be excited I'm convinced of it.
I don't think Marvel are worried they wanted the best guy for the job and marketing will do the rest.

I'm looking forward to In the Heart of the Sea, the Ron Howard film that Tom is in with Chris Hemsworth. Supposedly his performance in that is very good so I think that will raise his profile a lot

Last edited:
Ya once film is in production and we see tom footage in civil war things will pick up more.

I wonder if Hollands Peter will were baggy pants like in SSM.

He wore baggy pants because it was the style at the time (or, more accurately, it was the style three or four years earlier and the cartoon hadn't quite caught up in fashion). There is nothing particularly Peter Parker about baggy pants. Seriously, there's more to Spider-Man than that one cartoon. While I'm sure there will be some elements drawn from it, I highly doubt it'll be the main source of inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"