The Force Awakens Who Kills Luke Skywalker?

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
You know it's going to happen. He is going to die.

I think they set up Plagueis in Ep. III so they could use him in Ep. VII-IX. It's possible that Caedus could defeat Luke in battle due to his age, but it would be more grand to see him defeated by the dark force power of an older Sith lord.

Last edited:
The EU ha been jettisoned, so there will be no Cadeus.

Darth Plagueis was the master of Darth Sideous. He was usurped and killed by Palpatine before he took a new apprentice.

*insert witty response here*

Not that I want Luke's death to directly mirror Yoda's, but I feel like he should pass away naturally rather than go down in combat/get murdered. Ultimately I'd like it if Luke's death was just left open forever, although I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to off him in Episode 8 or whatever.

The EU ha been jettisoned, so there will be no Cadeus.

Did anyone officially and explicitly say the EU is gone completely? All we heard is "original story", that is all. That doesn't say much.

It could be possible Caedus would be the one who kills Luke, but would he though considering he's family? I guess if they did it'd be good drama right there, and a great set-up for a 3 way duel between Ben, Jaina and Jacen.

But frankly, a new but ancient villain might be nice, maybe a new Sith Lord who has a connection to Palpatine would prove interesting. Plus I could see some fans raging from how some young lucky Sith-wannabe was able to land the fatal blow. As for how he would die, I'd say in combat is the best for him, Luke's a warrior, give him a warrior's death, something like Obi-Wan's but more dramatic.

I'm finally glad there is someone else out there who thinks that Luke and the others are being brought back in order to die. Even Mark Hamill himself said that if one of the old cast members didn't want to come back they'd be written out permanently ie a clear euphemism for we're all going to die sooner(in the timeline between the original and sequel trilogy) or later(in the sequels). Plus this is clearly the best way to pass the torch to the new kids and the best form of closure that fans would want.

However out of the big 3, I'm willing to bet Han shoots and dies first, then Luke(cause he's a Jedi) then Leia(she's probably not as involved in combat anymore and probably in an "intergalactic old folks home" as Carrie Fisher said after a political career). This is mainly because of Ford's intense disdain for the character and the only way Disney/Lucasfilm was probably able to get him back was due to either $$$ or the irresistible offer of killing Han Solo.

Here's the problem Smallvillefan: It's been documented that the EU won't be used, from articles from Variety to the LA Times, though MAYBE they'll be influenced by SOME plot elements or characters. That we don't know but I wouldn't count on it because it won't be direct. THINK INSPIRATION.

You're setting yourself for disappointment because you constantly talk about the EU as if there's weight there with the future films. There's no weight, Smallville. I'm sorry. I'm not trolling.

If you're a fan of the EU that's fine. But from your posts, your hyping yourself up way too much and you're going to CRASH hard. And that would be your mistake.

So my advice: Keep an open mind, be prepared for some massive changes, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH of your own, and just enjoy the real hype of the next few movies.

Here's the problem Smallvillefan: It's been documented that the EU won't be used, from articles from Variety to the LA Times, though MAYBE they'll be influenced by SOME plot elements or characters. That we don't know but I wouldn't count on it because it won't be direct. THINK INSPIRATION.

You're setting yourself for disappointment because you constantly talk about the EU as if there's weight there with the future films. There's no weight, Smallville. I'm sorry. I'm not trolling.

If you're a fan of the EU that's fine. But from your posts, your hyping yourself up way too much and you're going to CRASH hard. And that would be your mistake.

So my advice: Keep an open mind, be prepared for some massive changes, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH of your own, and just enjoy the real hype of the next few movies.

But did anybody with authority rather than random news articles say explicitly that the EU won't be used like Abrams or anyone from Lucasfilm?

Im sorry but you're being ridiculously stubborn because of being reasonable or sensible you're ignoring the info I'm giving to you with your constant 'Buts'. It's like talking to wall. I'm sure you've heard that being said to you once or 1000 times if your life right?

What about, he dies of natural causes while it's still a peaceful time. I mean, would you really want Luke, the hero of the main trilogy to die just to serve as hype for a new threat?

He'll choose the Synthesis Ending and the Crucible will disperse his particles across the galaxy.

Im sorry but you're being ridiculously stubborn because of being reasonable or sensible you're ignoring the info I'm giving to you with your constant 'Buts'. It's like talking to wall. I'm sure you've heard that being said to you once or 1000 times if your life right?

No, it's just that I actually look at the legitimacy of sources of information. I only prefer information straight from the top. If J.J. Abrams or someone else high up says the current post-ROTJ EU is wiped clean, then I would accept it and move on.

But for now Imma stick with my beliefs and you can just deal with it. :oldrazz:

What about, he dies of natural causes while it's still a peaceful time. I mean, would you really want Luke, the hero of the main trilogy to die just to serve as hype for a new threat?

It's never peaceful in the Star Wars galaxy, there's always a new threat, you don't need knowledge of the EU to know that the Empire doesn't completely fall in one day, or that a wild new threat from an outside galaxy appears.

Most definitley Vader or the Emperor. :cwink:

They're dead, we all saw it in ROTJ and second time around for old Palpy' in 10-11 ABY, Empatojayos Brand saw to that. :)

Last edited:
I hope they can resist the urge to have a Sidious clone as the villain. It'd be tempting, since he's firmly established as THE antagonist of the Star Wars films. The writers might see it as less risky than creating an original villain and crossing their fingers that it works (writers, or Lucas, since he wrote the treatments. And for years he lacked confidence in a sequel trilogy).

A Sid clone would be lazy as hell. Original villain is the only way to go.

There has to be an existing Sith lord to pass on the knowledge of the dark side to Jacen Solo. If they introduce a new Sith lord; they will have to explain why he/she has remained in the shadows and when the divide among the Sith happened (because they just spent three movies telling us there are always only two, a master and an apprentice).

The only story left for Han, Leia, and Luke is death.

Not that I don't see all of them dying at some point, but no, death isn't the only story for them.

And could you people free your minds of Jacen, Caedus, the Vong and all that? If anything, with the way you're convinced stuff like that will take place, we'll have to endure your whining when it doesn't happen.

A Sid clone would be lazy as hell. Original villain is the only way to go.

Yeah, the 'clone' plot device is tricky because it can be used as a crutch for bad storytelling. That, and you'll never have true consequences or tension if you can just 'clone' anyone at anytime.

There has to be an existing Sith lord to pass on the knowledge of the dark side to Jacen Solo. If they introduce a new Sith lord; they will have to explain why he/she has remained in the shadows and when the divide among the Sith happened (because they just spent three movies telling us there are always only two, a master and an apprentice).

The only story left for Han, Leia, and Luke is death.

Not necessarily. While I'm a fan of a new villain, if whoever it is turns out to be is Sith, they wouldn't have to learn it from a living person. One who is in tune with the Force could naturally fall to the Dark Side, and learn more about it through recordings and the like. Maybe even other people who practice the Dark Side, but aren't strictly Sith.

As to whether or not they used Jacen Solo and other stuff from the EU, I'm pretty indifferent. If they use the EU material for inspiration and base the films off it, cool -if they decide to do something completely original, that's awesome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"