• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who NEEDS To Come Back Home To Marvel Studios?

I'm okay with *some* properties being separated from the MCU, for the following reasons:

1. Keep in mind that Marvel already has five (soon to be seven) blockbuster franchises going, and that's not even counting the TV shows. There's no possible way any one studio could give every single Marvel character a role without the majority being underused or just left out altogether. The separation allows more attention to be paid to the individual franchises.

2. If we're going to be so inundated with superhero movies, better they be from different (occasionally terrible) perspectives than the same old Disney/MCU perspective that people are already starting to complain about.

If looked at from the perspective of preserving one of the franchises, I'd have to say Spider-Man. Sony seems poised to bleed the property dry. Obviously you hope some of that is good, but after TASM 1 & 2....who knows how it'll turn out.

Fantastic 4 is the one that'd bring the most to the MCU. All the cosmic elements under one roof. That includes all the Alien races, Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc. and Doctor Doom can branch out and clash with Ironman (who to me was always a more natural foe). Then actually having the 4 of them in the MCU, which wouldn't bring as much to the table as some of the other stuff right away.

Spider-man and Fantastic Four. Neither franchise has had a truly good movie in the last two years and their upcoming movies are not worth looking into.

X-Men is doing fine with Fox.

I'm okay with *some* properties being separated from the MCU, for the following reasons:

1. Keep in mind that Marvel already has five (soon to be seven) blockbuster franchises going, and that's not even counting the TV shows. There's no possible way any one studio could give every single Marvel character a role without the majority being underused or just left out altogether. The separation allows more attention to be paid to the individual franchises.

2. If we're going to be so inundated with superhero movies, better they be from different (occasionally terrible) perspectives than the same old Disney/MCU perspective that people are already starting to complain about.

Variety is the spice of life.

The FF is Fox's one property (beyond the X-Men) they can manipulate audiences with the "Hey, look at us-- we've got a shared universe too!" bulls***, and it's just sad knowing that and that they're destroying the name while they're at it.

They belong at home. Fox,

let-it-go-right-here-you-go_o_3006093.jpg

The FF is Fox's one property (beyond the X-Men) they can manipulate audiences with the "Hey, look at us-- we've got a shared universe too!" bulls***, and it's just sad knowing that and that they're destroying the name while they're at it.

Except they AREN'T doing that. :doh:

They've made no announcements for any crossover or universe. You're angry at them for something that is not happening.

Last edited:
It was just Millar's comments that had me (and several others) peed off at the notion. Yes, Millar and Kinberg have only spoken of it as an option-- and only now, might I add, in which they had the last 10 years to do so.

After all this stuff with the Inhumans and the hoops Marvel is jumping through trying to make them the x-men, my wish at the current moment is that they'd get the x-men back. They just need to stop trying so hard, it's getting embarassing. But, ya know, never gunna happen in my lifetime, which sucks a mean one

I can't really blame Marvel for wanting an "Xmen substitute" with Inhumans even though Im not to keen on the idea but Xmen is NEVER coming back at least no time soon. The possibilities of what Fox can do with Xmen are practically endless and they will take full advantage of it. They even rebooted without actually rebooting.

How awesome would it be if WB sold the rights to Superman to Universal, Batman to Paramount, and Wonder Woman to MGM? I'm sure DC fans would love it. Those characters can never really exist in the same universe anyway and think of all the variety of films we could get. I'd much rather be getting that Plastic Man 3 or Matter Eater Lad movie.

I can't really blame Marvel for wanting an "Xmen substitute" with Inhumans even though Im not to keen on the idea but Xmen is NEVER coming back at least no time soon. The possibilities of what Fox can do with Xmen are practically endless and they will take full advantage of it. They even rebooted without actually rebooting.

Actually the Inhumans could end up being so much cooler. It makes way more sense that an advanced alien civilization could jump start evolution to create higher lifeforms through intelligent intervention and experimentation versus masses of people being randomly born with the ability to walk through walls, control the forces of magnetism/storms/fire/ice etc. or have concussion blasts that shoot out of their eyes. We're not exactly talking vestigial organs here. X-Men requires a HUGE suspension of disbelief.

I've never really been a fan of the X-Men when they have gone on outer space adventures and the like. I think the concept works much better as a more grounded series built around racial prejudice. While I would like Marvel to have the rights to be able to call some of their characters mutants, just because ducking around the issue is annoying, I think Inhumans is a better fit for what Marvel is trying to do with their cinematic universe.

I like Wolverine, but I don't want to see him flying across the galaxy with Star Lord.

Last edited:
To the poll question: none yet.

Im interested in Fox second take at f4, if after the reboot they fail, then yes, would be fine at Marvel, but as of right now, Marvel has enough material to play with during the rest of the decade without the need of F4, Spiderman or XMen.

Id like a new take of the XMen, but lets see what Fox has in mind for next sequels, once they finish, will be interested to see a whole new version with a new creative team, new cast, better work on certain x-men and all of that.

They belong at home. Fox,

This!^^^^^

They've been flip flopping about a Fox-men/FF shared universe and begging to be part of Marvel's MCU ever since Avenger's success.

To Millar and Kinberg's credit I want to see them in a shared universe to, just reverted, rebooted and no where near Fox.

But if that doesn't happen there's quite a few DCCU films in production along with the growing MCU to keep CBM moviegoers busy till 2020 regardless.

Actually the Inhumans could end up being so much cooler. It makes way more sense that an advanced alien civilization could jump start evolution to create higher lifeforms through intelligent intervention and experimentation versus masses of people being randomly born with the ability to walk through walls, control the forces of magnetism/storms/fire/ice etc. or have concussion blasts that shoot out of their eyes. We're not exactly talking vestigial organs here. X-Men requires a HUGE suspension of disbelief.

I don't really understand the current Xverse that Fox has with the explanation of mutants being created from the atom bombs in First Class when Wolverine Sabretooth were in the 1800s and now Apocalypse was walking around Egypt 5000 years ago. The X-gene existed long before. Unless I missed something here.

I've never really been a fan of the X-Men when they have gone on outer space adventures and the like. I think the concept works much better as a more grounded series built around racial prejudice. While I would like Marvel to have the rights to be able to call some of their characters mutants, just because ducking around the issue is annoying, I think Inhumans is a better fit for what Marvel is trying to do with their cinematic universe.

I like Wolverine, but I don't want to see him flying across the galaxy with Star Lord.

I agree. Its going to feel weird when this current Xmen series starts introducing cosmic elements like the Shiar or alien Brood into these films. But I guess thats where they will go with Apocalypse if he has alien tech.

To the poll question: none yet.

Im interested in Fox second take at f4, if after the reboot they fail, then yes, would be fine at Marvel, but as of right now, Marvel has enough material to play with during the rest of the decade without the need of F4, Spiderman or XMen.

I would probably be OK with Fox taking a stab at this like they are doing if the stakes weren't as high.

If an FF film fails for the third time (fourth if you count the Roger Corman version) then a once-great Marvel franchise will be damaged possibly beyond repair. The FF film needs to blow people away. Garbage like "It was ok", "It wasn't terrible", "It was different", "I liked it" etc. is not what the franchise needs. It needs a home run along the lines of Guardians of the Galaxy to revitalize it properly.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but so far nothing about this film indicates that is going to happen. I think at best we might finally get a good adaptation of Dr. Doom with Toby Kebbell but that's about it. And a strong performance in a bad film would actually sting even more since Dr. Doom deserves better.

And the worst part is - even if they do deliver another turkey - the rights still don't go home to Marvel. They sit at Fox for: Another. Seven. Years. Along with Galactus and Silver Surfer. I wish Fox would have just focused on building their X-Men universe more but they're not because they don't need to worry about losing any of those film rights.

Yeah I've never been a fan of the X-Men's space adventures either.... or any of the Marvel Cosmic stuff, for that matter.

was referring more to the recent stories with the people randomly gaining powers, the secret community aspects, the possibility of QS and SW being just inhumans in the MCU, that sorta stuff, just bothers me. Just because mf'in FOX owns them doesn't mean the characters no longer exist in the comics...

Bleeding Cool even posits that Marvel may have difficulty using the Royal family, and so that's why they're creating all these random characters off the street and making them more like mutants.

And if the name changes to NuHumans as Bleeding Cool suggests, I'll be very unhappy, reminds me of NuMetal.. which.... was just awful.

I agree. Its going to feel weird when this current Xmen series starts introducing cosmic elements like the Shiar or alien Brood into these films. But I guess thats where they will go with Apocalypse if he has alien tech.

I agree as well. I think it might ultimately come across as corny. Marvel is doing it right by running multiple parallel story lines. The way they introduced the cosmic side of things and tied it to Earth with Thor, CA:TFA and the Avengers was awesome. GOTG just blew the doors wipe open.

And if the name changes to NuHumans as Bleeding Cool suggests, I'll be very unhappy, reminds me of NuMetal.. which.... was just awful.

Nuhumans? Yeah that would be awful. No way they do that. Sounds stupid.

Besides Inhumans is such a cool name.

I don't really understand the current Xverse that Fox has with the explanation of mutants being created from the atom bombs in First Class when Wolverine Sabretooth were in the 1800s and now Apocalypse was walking around Egypt 5000 years ago. The X-gene existed long before. Unless I missed something here.

Fox X-Men has never really been too concerned about continuity. Besides if it doesn't make sense, they can always erase time and start over.

The first family needs to return to Marvel. No way will Fox and this new reboot do any justice to them, and tge great villains like Dr Doom and Galactus.

Fantastic Four, without question. Not so much for the team themselves, but for the Surfer and Galactus, to name a few. Something tells me that as grand as Marvel is building their cosmic universe, it will still feel like a part of it is missing.

If Marvel never get the rights to X-Men back, I personally wouldn't hate it. They work fine in their own universe.

FF because I want Marvel to get Doom back. And I want a Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom Triumph and Torment adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"