Justice League Who Should Be The Villain?

LEVITIKUZ

Avenger
Reaction score
I've seen some topics here about League members and who should be in the League but I don't really see any about the villains. I believe that the heroes are only as good as the villain. Who do you want to see as the villain for Justice League?

Personally I want either Brainiac or Darkseid. Vandel Savage would be better for a sequel.

Now I haven't been a big fan of Darkseid believing he should be used later on but rumor has it that Snyder will direct it and I believe he can truly make Darkseid epic on the big screen.

Who do you guys think should be the villain?

Darkseid or Despero. The Appellaxians would be interesting as well since they brought the league together, but I don't see them being able to carry a movie.

Too soon for Darkseid I think. I like how the last season of Smallville built him up like a religious cult...
I think Lex Luthor could be the "Loki" of JL who transfers over from either MOS or MOS 2 or WF and continues his villainous crusade.

Darkseid would be cool as long as they bring him back for the final movie for a big bad plan.

Darkseid or Despero. The Appellaxians would be interesting as well since they brought the league together, but I don't see them being able to carry a movie.

If they altered the Appelaxians' motives a little bit, I think they could make great first movie villains! I'd be an atypical alien invasion where the aliens pose a threat, have names and faces, and aren't just "Imma firin' mah lazer" types.

However, I'm almost positive they won't be used. In the first movie or ever. There are much juicier characters that could be explore like the ones you mentioned.

I could definitely see Despero being a first movie villain. He'd be able to challenge the team physically and in other ways (if they include his hypnotic/telepathic powers and such). And his strategic "chess player" side could be brought out for the sake of the plot.

Darkseid could work if he, like others have said, returns later and isn't just cast out. He can be featured alone for the first go around and later in the series return with the Female Furies, clashing New Gods, etc. to really flesh out the whole Apokolips vs. New Genesis thing. But Darkseid + parademons could work. It would be kinda Avengers-ish to the GA though probably.

I read somewhere that someone suggested Prometheus which I think could be cool. He's basically a cyborg Batman playing for the dark side. Again, he could be portrayed as someone who can test the League both physically and mentally.

As far as other possible antagonists, I'm not completely against the idea of a team of villains to go up against the League but I'd kind of like them to wait in order to use the Crime Syndicate. If MoS or MoS + MoS2 are the only buildup movies, jumping from Superman vs. Zod to Superman and friends vs. Evil Superman and friends could be a bit overwhelming. The idea of the multiverse could be toyed with in MoS a bit to make way for this, but the thing is, the audience would have to care about the heroes they're watching in order to really root for them as they go up against their polar opposite enemies.

best to only have a supervillain team up if we've seen the supervillains prior in solo movies.

Aka save it for a later movie.

Darkseid or Braniac.

I really enjoyed the videogame Justice League Heroes even though it was quite short.

Honestly, I'd be pretty ok with the Justice League movie following in the footsteps of the DCnU Reboot and have Darkseid as the main bad guy, searching the Universe for his daughter.

She could be taken into custody and someone like Amanda Waller or whatever lays out clues that Darkseid is coming for heroes like Batman to find and let them ban together on their own (as oppose to Nick Fury in Avengers putting together the team from day one) :)

The mistake made with Darkseid is that he is Emperor Palpatine in this franchise and the one on the throne doesn't come to Earth and fight the heroes-- the hero must go to the machine planet to face Darkseid.

If the villains are the New Gods; then the ones that would come to Earth would be Kalibak and the Female Furies.

Other potential villains-- Doomsday, Black Adam, or a combination of Gog and Magog as one character that kills Superman over and over as he travels backwards in time one day after another.

I think Braniac makes the most sense given that they're establishing the world the JL will exist in with Man of Steal. I think Dardseid will need to be given a Thanos type treatment where the audience is eased into him.

The mistake made with Darkseid is that he is Emperor Palpatine in this franchise and the one on the throne doesn't come to Earth and fight the heroes-- the hero must go to the machine planet to face Darkseid.

If the villains are the New Gods; then the ones that would come to Earth would be Kalibak and the Female Furies.

Other potential villains-- Doomsday, Black Adam, or a combination of Gog and Magog as one character that kills Superman over and over as he travels backwards in time one day after another.

Darkseid went to Earth in the DCnU reboot series.....he fought the entire Justice League on his own.....twice.....Superman was the one who sent him back to Apokolips :)

Gog and Magog is such a useless character, they made him just to make someone strong enough to potentially kill Superman instead of further developing Supe's existing rouge gallery, making them more threatening would have been better than the whole "I hate Superman so much that I must kill him from every minute of time"....which is completely flawed since he'd get to a point where he kills Superman...and it would be at the point where Magog was wronged....so the reason wouldn't have happened and then the whole story gets unraveled lol

Anyway....moving on :p

Black Adam should only be there if Captain Marvel/SHAZAM is in the movie, since he's not part of the line up (so far) I'd say no, and DOOMSDAY "MUST" remain a Superman only villain, sure have some of the JLA show up in a Superman movie for small cameos...but its got to be Superman and DOOMSDAY alone.

The villain should be someone who can bring all of the heroes together, but isn't too big of a threat that it sets the bar too high for any sequels to reach. So I don't think Darkseid should be used so soon, or at least not as the main villain.

The villain should be someone who can bring all of the heroes together, but isn't too big of a threat that it sets the bar too high for any sequels to reach. So I don't think Darkseid should be used so soon, or at least not as the main villain.

reasonable :), any thoughts on who they could face?

If not Darkseid, how about......

Prometheus

1001559-prometheus_super.jpg

Amazo

96669-188183-amazo.jpg

Graves

Justice_League_Vol_2_10_Textless.jpg

or, something really out there.......how about they join together to stop a War between Atlantis and Themyscira, perfect way to introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman, Diana not wanting a war but her mother is pushing for it. A pre-King Aquaman who doesn't want a world that he's a part of but has never known to be destroyed (before he gets to learn of what it means to be who he is or whatever) and of course the other heroes not wanting their respected cities destroyed as casualties or see it as something that could ignite World War 3 or whatever and each go on their own to stop the fight, cant do it alone so they all band together forming the Justice League :D

Last one is pretty out there......but why not lol, its different :)

If anyone's watched JL: A New Frontier, The Centre could easily be replaced by Brainiac mind controlling people all around the world and creating small secret societies in his name.

Would act as a very good origin story for the JL and explaining why people as varied as Wonder Woman and Green Lantern come together.

If a Justice League movie goes with the main 5 (Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and GL) then the only characters you really need to introduce will be Wonder Woman and Flash. Flash's origin, powers and motivation to become a superhero are all quite simple and will probably only require minimal explanation. Wonder Woman on the other hand will require a much more complex explanation, her origin is far more complex and difficult to implement into an established universe so I would suggest going with Ares.

ares_dc_injustice_gods_among_us_concept_art_nelor.jpg

By doing this you can focus more on Wonder Woman and her mythology, expanding and building it into the supposed grounded world created in MoS, whilst creating a large enough threat that would garner the attention of the other Justice League members. Of course this is just one route they could go down for the JL movie but I don't think it would be a bad route to take.

Justice League

Set up of story: After the events of MoS and the invasion of the Kryptonians, it is discovered that some of the Kryptonians alien tech was previously found in archeological findings around the world. (Tech was activated when Kryptonians attacked). S.T.A.R Labs (Dr. Ivo) and LexCorp (Lex Luthor) join forces to create a an android (A.M.A.Z.O) caple of destroying future threats to planet earth.

-Lex Luthor/ Billy Zane

tumblr_mhddz8ZyNo1qbmslxo1_500.jpg

- Dr.Ivo & A.M.A.Z.O/ Jason Momoa

Amazing_Amazo.png

Jason-Momoa.jpg

For JLA 2

- Brainiac & Lex

10921_900x1350.jpg

For JLA 3

- Darkseid

darkseid_doodle_by_nebezial-d2zpmnd.jpg

If anyone's watched JL: A New Frontier, The Centre could easily be replaced by Brainiac mind controlling people all around the world and creating small secret societies in his name.

Would act as a very good origin story for the JL and explaining why people as varied as Wonder Woman and Green Lantern come together.

I liked the JL: Frontier movie but wouldn't want to see it in live action - even if the villain were changed to Brainiac.

If Brainiac is used, I'd like something along the lines of DC Universe Online (minus the exobytes turning civilians into superheroes). Where he comes to collect and digitize all information in the universe then destroy the organic material that it originated from. That story would give an even more valid reason for the heroes to team up since he'd want to get everything from the planet: Themyscira and Atlantis would be included in that.

It could go like this: Brainiac comes to this galaxy in his quest to collect and digitize all of the information in the universe. He has taken Mars long, long ago which explains why life has never been found there (but evidence of past has). He passed over Earth because it was just after the meteor that killed the dinosaurs so there wasn't much substance for him to take. He went elsewhere planning to return when life had reflouroushed on the planet. The band of Martians that escaped the taking of Mars fled to Earth after Brainiac had left it alone in order to carry out their lives in a new home.

After humanity emerged, they mingled with the society to live among them with shapeshifting abilities to look like them. In the present day, J'onn (MM) is the last of the surviving Martian remnant but continues to live among the people of Earth. When Superman is revealed to the world, he is intrigued by how humanity reacted to the fact that he's an alien despite looking like them. He gets in contact with him after the events of MoS just to make his acquaintance. But when Brainiac comes, he is able to accurately identify the level of threat and recounts what happens to Mars.

So after the world goes into panic as Brainiac ships begin "bottling" cities and abducting civilians, the hidden heroes of the world such as Flash and Batman come out into the open to combat the threat. MM and Superman can easily scoop them up into the cause as a united front against the invasion.

And since Brainiac doesn't discriminate against life on the planet, the oceans are a target as well. When bottles start appearing near Atlantis, it attracts the attention of Aquaman. Same happens when Brainiac ships descend on Themyscira (the advanced knowledge of magic throughout the other parts of the universe allow him to see through the cloaking and what not), Wonder Woman goes into action, eventually leaving the island in desperate attempt to find the source of the trouble.

Then the plot can take off from there and you have your heroes united against a threat that isn't so out there that it breaks the tone and feel of Man of Steel (I'm positive that they can design Brainiac's look to make him look on level with Zod and his technology as far as believability). Plus, he can even be tied back to the events on Krypton or even the aftermath - when he learns that a Kryptonian actually survived the destruction of the planet, he is even more attracted since he believed that he failed part of his mission when he lost the contents of Krypton in its destruction.

So yeah, just some ideas thrown out there. Now that I've gotten to thinking about it, I like the idea of using Brainiac even more than Darkseid. For the first movie at least.

Whoever thinks Billy Zane will be Lex Luthor clearly doesn't know Snyder or Nolan.

I liked the JL: Frontier movie but wouldn't want to see it in live action - even if the villain were changed to Brainiac.

If Brainiac is used, I'd like something along the lines of DC Universe Online (minus the exobytes turning civilians into superheroes). Where he comes to collect and digitize all information in the universe then destroy the organic material that it originated from. That story would give an even more valid reason for the heroes to team up since he'd want to get everything from the planet: Themyscira and Atlantis would be included in that.

that'a pretty much my idea too, but I'd want the exobytes to work as a virus, affecting certain humans like waylon jones and barry allen (replacing the chemicals struck by lighting that gave him his powers) and causing life in seas to deform which would bring aquaman to the surface believing the human population is responsible for it.

Brainiac .... I know hes a Superman villain, and he would be my first choice for a Superman villain in a sequel along with Lex, but the only villains that would really get be excited about a JL movie would be Brainiac and Darkseid, and Darkseid needs to be saved for later.

This dude needs to play him too. He looks like an alien already..
X6PmpGO.jpg

8Uy70Iz.jpg

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;25683563 said:
that'a pretty much my idea too, but I'd want the exobytes to work as a virus, affecting certain humans like waylon jones and barry allen (replacing the chemicals struck by lighting that gave him his powers) and causing life in seas to deform which would bring aquaman to the surface believing the human population is responsible for it.

The problem with exobytes is that they carry the powers stolen from the future DC heroes and villains. Implying that these guys already had their powers beforehand. I guess you could make it so that exobytes manipulate metagenes or even cause mutation but I feel like that's a cheap way of creating powers for the characters. That was actually a massive complaint I heard from gamers (mostly in the Champions Online community but in any case,) that you couldn't choose an origin for your character. They all got a metal bug that turned them "super". It just doesn't feel creative enough.

The Aquaman part is plausible though. I can definitely see him starting off in a confrontational role with surface dwellers and then regretfully helping them to save the Earth for the sake of the oceans.

Brainiac .... I know hes a Superman villain, and he would be my first choice for a Superman villain in a sequel along with Lex, but the only villains that would really get be excited about a JL movie would be Brainiac and Darkseid, and Darkseid needs to be saved for later.

This dude needs to play him too. He looks like an alien already..
X6PmpGO.jpg

8Uy70Iz.jpg

I mean, sure - but Brainiac will most likely be voice acting more so than physical. Sure, they could use prosthetics and CG enhancement but it will be beyond recognition most likely.

What's the actors name by the way?

cumberbatch is playing the bad guy in star trek and in the hobbit. I'd rather he play mm is they're going with the white disguise.

The problem with exobytes is that they carry the powers stolen from the future DC heroes and villains. Implying that these guys already had their powers beforehand. I guess you could make it so that exobytes manipulate metagenes or even cause mutation but I feel like that's a cheap way of creating powers for the characters. That was actually a massive complaint I heard from gamers (mostly in the Champions Online community but in any case,) that you couldn't choose an origin for your character. They all got a metal bug that turned them "super". It just doesn't feel creative enough.

well, no, it wouldn't affect all of them like that. it would affect waylon jones negatively accelerating his atavism, but it would affect barry allen positively (after the lighting strikes him). it would be the plot point that interconnects batman and the other heroes within the film. all around the world people would be affected by a pandemic which comes to superman and ambassador diana's attention, aquaman's as well at sea, while in the beginning braniac disposed of hal jordan on mars where he encounter's mm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"