BvS Who SHOULD the main villain be in Batman vs Superman?

ImTheFlash

Civilian
Reaction score
The team up of Superman, Batman, AND Wonder Woman vs just Lex? Doesn't sound like a fair match up to me...

With all the rumors of Metallo and Doomsday i thought i'd (not only start ANOTHER thread about this film and its villains) but share my thoughts and hear others thoughts on who the villain or villains SHOULD be in the MOS sequel.

I strongly think that Lex Luthor will show up somewhere (because its a no brainer), but isn't he a little out-matched by these 3?

Many people think the likes of Doomsday, Darkseid, Mongul, and Brainiac should be saved for the Justice League movie but just remember, Loki was the main antagonist in Thor AND The Avengers and both movies turned out alright so why cant Darkseid show up twice too? This movie already has 3 core JL members and rumored 4! That many powerful heroes there should be an equally powerful villain or villains. Also i'm not saying Dc should copy marvel, but they can use the same villain in two different movies and both movies will still turn out just fine. However, we DID just have an alien invasion and Metropolis destroyed...we could probably do something different right?

The good thing about Darkseid is that we can take the fight to Apokolips!

I think Deathstroke would work great as a secondary villain. If he was hired by Lex Luthor to assassinate Batman or something, then that would be pretty cool! Plus it could set up Deathstroke for a solo movie with one of those "low budget films" Dc is said to be planning. In THIS movie Deathstroke would definately not work as the main villain, but he's perfect for a muscle character or just a bad ass. Even if he only has like 3 lines, as long as he can kick ass then he will still make an impact in the movie. (Remember Darth Maul?) Also I think a Deathstroke trilogy could work better than Marvels Punisher trilogy, but hey that's just me. (But doesn't anyone else think a DS trilogy sound awesome???)

And plus a live action fight between Deathstroke and Batman would be amazing and intense. (After the Arkham Origins trailer, who DOESN'T want to see that be brought to life?) The only problem is, Superman and Wonder Woman still need someone to fight.. And we can't end up with too many villains or this movie is going to get a bit more crowded than it already is...

I DO think that someone like Doomsday or Darkseid should be in this movie AND The Justice League movie, but why else would Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman feel the need to team up unless there is the need of a team up? Heck, there's even rumors of The Flash! With that many powerful heroes in one movie teaming up (even if they are fighting at first), shouldn't the Villain be equally as powerful?

Lemme know who you guys would want!

P.s. There is a fan film on youtube with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman vs Doomsday and its actually alright. And maybe thats the reason i could see that movie happening!

Parasite. Having the trinity take down Metallo would make Superman look like a weakling.

Parasite. Having the trinity take down Metallo would make Superman look like a weakling.

I agree. Im not too big of a fan of Metallo. And i like your signature about Man of Steel!

Since you're introducing AT LEAST two brand new heroes (and rumor has it, Nightwing, if not more)...then you should probably only have one mega-powered bad guy with henchmen/an army with no personalities. There is only so much time in a film, and you already have to set up who Batman, Wonder Woman and at least one major villain are all about. No need to complicate matters by having even more bad guys you need to explain.

Since you're introducing AT LEAST two brand new heroes (and rumor has it, Nightwing, if not more)...then you should probably only have one mega-powered bad guy with henchmen/an army with no personalities. There is only so much time in a film, and you already have to set up who Batman, Wonder Woman and at least one major villain are all about. No need to complicate matters by having even more bad guys you need to explain.

My point exactly, thats why i think they should use a guy like Darkseid or something. It would be dumb if they had 3 villains to face 3 heroes, which most of them would need introduction and build up. Even though i still want Deathstroke to have a scene with bats, but we dont really need to know anything about him and he doesnt need his origin told haha

Hard to say without knowing anything about the plot.

Poison Ivy, she can go drastic
And from Superman's side Parasite would be a good choice

I would like to see a Lex and Braniac duo

or

a Lex and Metallo duo

I think a Lex Luthor/Metallo deal would be cool. Classic Puppet and Puppet Master Story. This way they can officially establish Lex Luthor as being Superman’s deadliest adversary. A brilliant mind, with almost unlimited recourses to and never being able to have the scheme he’s responsible for ever legally traced back to him.
Both Lex Corp. and Wayne Industries can initially both be after the same thing in Metropolises. A radioactive material among the Kryptonian ship wreckage left over from Zod’s attack in the first film. One that both Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne theorize can be harmful or even deadly to Superman.

The US Government could be after it as well and in the race to secure as much of it as possible. Perhaps they enlist the aid of long standing favor left over from the WWII era which until now has was never cashed in. A reluctant alliance that never appeared in the history books and a battle to aid a foreign country that doesn’t appear on any modern maps and is only even known about at the very highest levels of Government and the top of the US Shadow organization A.R.G.U.S. The mythological Amazon island nation of Themiscara. The Amazon leader Queen Hippolyta agrees to send a lone Ambassador to the outside “World of Man” to aid them. The Ambassador sent is her only daughter, princess of the Amazons... Diana Prince, US code name "Wonder Woman."

When they get around to doing a solo Wonder Woman film they are set up perfectly for a prequel and partial origin story ending with how Wonder Woman was chosen (The Tournament) to be sent as the Themysciran representative.

Having the trinity take down Metallo would make Superman look like a weakling.
The kryptonite power source in Metallo weakens him a lot.

Batman can't take down Metallo by himself because this villain is too strong for him.

That's when WW enters the scene. But she can actually take care of Metallo alone.

Has anybody considered a villain both Batman Superman and maybe Wonder Woman have tangled with?

Solomon_Grundy.jpg

batman-arkham-city-solomon-grundy.jpg

solomon-grundy-vs-wonder-woman.jpg

Maybe Solomon Grundy?

You could also do the Puppet/Puppet Master thing with Grundy too.

My initial desire was Lex/Riddler, but with WW possibly playing a major part, I don't know if that plot is compatible with her lasso of truth. It just wouldn't be as fun.

Maybe The Elite? I thought about them challenging Superman's no-kill rule, but realized he just killed Zod in the last movie, snapped his neck clean. Obviously it was necessary, but I think you have to save The Elite after he's been not!killing for long enough to build up a handful of enemies he didn't finish off.

But one way they could play it is that Superman's killing of Zod inspired The Elite to deal justice the way they do. I don't know how you factor in Batman and WW into this story, but I think it's a good one.

Maybe The Elite should be MOS 3 or 4 or something like that. But if they did decide to use them, it allows the Trinity to all have someone to fight.

The Elite + Lex would be fantastic. I think for that story to work, they'd have to fast forward a couple years to where Superman has made it through a handful of his rogues gallery without killing. Perfect opportunity for Lex and the Elite to take on Supes.

Last edited:
Lex Luthor pulling the strings while making people believe he's a good upstanding citizen.

Brainiac as the big mega threat, Lex Luthor as his agent and eventual betrayer.

Maybe Deathstroke, Hope and Mercy as henchpeople.

would like to see Luthor as the main villain

maybe hires deathstroke and to take supes out..

Lex Luthor, Batman and Wonder Woman should be the villains. Bruce and Lex both consider Superman a threat and work together against him.
Bruce brings in his mysterious friend, Diana Prince to act as Lex's bodyguard which could lead to the required DBZ inspired fight scenes with Wonder Woman nearly killing Superman.

The conflict of the movie would be Superman convincing Bruce and Diana that he's the good guy while Bruce and Diana figure out that Lex has EVIL!!! motives and must be stopped and they were wrong about Superman.
Then make a Wonder Woman movie and the villain for that one? Aqua-man of course! (Read Flashpoint)

Aliens, attack in the center off a big metropolis, heroes fight for the control of the macguffin.

That would be something never seen before!,!,

Aliens, attack in the center off a big metropolis, heroes fight for the control of the macguffin.

That would be something never seen before!,!,
Two have alien invasion in two movies in a row of the same series ;(
Forget it, even in sarcasm

Two have alien invasion in two movies in a row of the same series ;(
Forget it, even in sarcasm

The good thing about Darkseid, you can fight on Apokolips. And then no one would care about the destruction lol

Not sure Wonder Woman is going to fight together with them, i thought it was going to be more of a secondary character for a WW or Trinity movie. Lex Luthor as the main villain, could have both Metallo and Parasite to do the dirty work

The good thing about Darkseid, you can fight on Apokolips. And then no one would care about the destruction lol
It could work that way
Not sure I'd want to see a live action movie of that Superman/Batman story, the movie is dull, and I didn't read the comic version of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"