Justice League Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

As far as the death of Barry thing, I didn't actually find his proposed death in Mortal all that dramatic or significant. It sounded like just another death scene from the summary I read. They'd have to do MUCH better if they want to audience to react in a meaningful way to it. Otherwise, it'll feel like an excuse to shove Wally into the blender for pure recognition purposes.

I thought the death for Barry was very good. It could have been edited a little to improve, but overall it was great. What version of his death did you read, was the one where:

In the midst of the final battle, everything around Barry stops, and an eerie calm washes over the scene of chaos. But, despite the peacefulness, there is a sense of melancholy as he also realises his inevitable fate. He runs home to Iris and gives her his goodbye, echoing the words she says at the beginning of the film to him, that he finally sees the beauty in a world worth saving because she is in it. He presses his hand against her chest and vibrates, literally touching her heart, for a moment, she cries, as if his words are somehow reaching her. He is dragged back to the battle by a cosmic force, prepared to finish the fight. He phases through into the main OMAC, and begins to run. Hard. As fast as he can, faster than ever before. He is clearly pushing himself already and is visibly in distress, but another streak is following Barry. It's Wally, he's telling Barry he's going to fast, that he can barely keep up. The OMAC is breaking apart, but Barry says he's not going fast enough yet, he then says his final words "Tag. You're it." Barry pushes himself further, running around the globe in a matter of seconds, flashes are seen of global landmarks, the slipstream overturns cars and smashes the windows of buildings until the OMAC is nothing but a stream of particles flying behind him. But Barry keeps going, he leaves the Earth and sees lights exploding around him, it's the stars and galaxies that make up all of the visible universe, but he still keeps going through the black, knowing he can still go faster until he reaches one final light, a wall like liquid glass, the ultimate stop sign. The wall of the speed force. He races through it. Barry is gone. The Flash suit falls down. Empty.

Yeah, is it floating around on the internet?

Barry's death is one of the defining points of Flash history though, it's a legacy mantle. If the death can be handled as well as it was in Justice League: Mortal and the legacy aspect as well as in David Goyer's proposed film, I'd love to see it happen.

Hal Jordan going crazy, chopping off Boodika's hand, murdering Kilowog, and destroying the entire Green Lantern Corps is also a defining point in Green Lantern's history. Doesn't make it not stupid. The legacy mantle would have worked just fine if Barry and Iris got to ride off into the sunset like his comic series ended and then have Wally take over. But they had to bring him back in Crisis to throw another body on the pile.

Have him do something so big he loses his powers or something. Don't kill him.

Not any more as far as I know, there might still be a few review floating about. If any one has it saved, I'd appreciate the full copy.

Hal Jordan going crazy, chopping off Boodika's hand, murdering Kilowog, and destroying the entire Green Lantern Corps is also a defining point in Green Lantern's history. Doesn't make it not stupid. The legacy mantle would have worked just fine if Barry and Iris got to ride off into the sunset like his comic series ended and then have Wally take over. But they had to bring him back in Crisis to throw another body on the pile.

Emerald Twillight was a great proposal for a story, but should not have been done in such a rushed manner over 4 issues. I'd have done a story where Jordan is possessed by Parallax had I been in charge of the Green Lantern franchise.

When I think of the ultimate hero sacrifice I always think of Barry. It's defining to his character. The same way Jordan suffered one of the ultimate failures as a hero, failing to defend his people.

Batman should definitely NOT bring out a reboot as early as 2015-2017 as not to risk The Amazing Spiderman style audience backlash.

I would argue Batman can be rebooted at anytime and it won't be a big problem. The difference between Batman and Spider-Man is that the general audience has already gotten used to seeing multiple versions of Batman over the years while Spider-Man did not have this luxury. Prior to the Raimi films, there was nothing outside of the comics to identify Spider-Man with. He was still a very iconic character to the GA but there was no specific version of Spider-Man to ever get really successful outside of comic book fans and kids. Sure there were tons of cartoons and games but there was no version of Spider-Man that was highly successful with the general audience overall until the 2002 Raimi film came out. That was the first big exposure the general audience had to Spider-Man and was the only big exposure they had to Spider-Man since the reboot came out. Thus they came to view the Raimi franchise as the definitive Spider-Man story and came to view Tobey Maguire as the definitive Spider-Man because no one else portrayed Spider-Man before in a big live-action Spider-Man movie. The concept of a new version of Spider-Man with a completely different actor especially so soon was a bit of a foreign concept to the GA.

Batman is a whole different story. Pretty much everyone had to at one point in their life learn and adapt to the idea that there are multiple versions of Batman and that there is no such thing as just a single actor portraying Batman. This is because Batman, unlike Spider-Man prior to the reboot, has had multiple different versions and takes on him that were very successful with the general audience overall. I'm not just talking about the different versions of him in the movies but the different versions of him in general. He even had versions outside of the movie versions that were highly successful to the general audience and to not just comic book fans (the Arkham games are the perfect example of this since they weren't only popular games to Batman fans but popular games period and even popular at the same time as the Nolan films even though they featured 2 complete different versions of Batman). On top of that, Batman was even portrayed by different actors in Batman films that took place in the same continuity just 2 - 3 years apart, further establishing to the GA that there are multiple versions of Batman.

Batman has had 2 highly successful live-action franchises, 1 highly successful live-action TV show (at least for its time), and 1 highly successful video game franchise that were all seen/played by the GA while Spider-Man just had 1 highly successful live-action trilogy prior to the reboot. So I think it's fair to say the GA has already gotten used seeing a new Batman in such a short period of time and the Batman reboot will be received just fine. They're probably close to getting used to the fact that there are different versions and different actors of Spider-Man as well. Just one more really successful Spider-Man related thing outside of the Webb movies should do the trick :).

Sure that there will be some people that will bash the reboot just because it's not in the Nolan franchise but those people will be a really small minority and then again, there will always be a small group of people for anything new that will do just that. There are still a few people that bash Daniel Craig's James Bond just because it's not Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan (or whoever else they really like as Bond) but that group is not that big in comparison with the rest of the audience. The number of Spider-Man reboot haters wasn't exactly that big to begin with either (and what I mean by that is that more than 50% of the audience overall had no problem with the reboot). They were just big enough to produce a really loud voice, which is still pretty big...if that makes any sense :woot:.

I thought the death for Barry was very good. It could have been edited a little to improve, but overall it was great. What version of his death did you read, was the one where:

In the midst of the final battle, everything around Barry stops, and an eerie calm washes over the scene of chaos. But, despite the peacefulness, there is a sense of melancholy as he also realises his inevitable fate. He runs home to Iris and gives her his goodbye, echoing the words she says at the beginning of the film to him, that he finally sees the beauty in a world worth saving because she is in it. He presses his hand against her chest and vibrates, literally touching her heart, for a moment, she cries, as if his words are somehow reaching her. He is dragged back to the battle by a cosmic force, prepared to finish the fight. He phases through into the main OMAC, and begins to run. Hard. As fast as he can, faster than ever before. He is clearly pushing himself already and is visibly in distress, but another streak is following Barry. It's Wally, he's telling Barry he's going to fast, that he can barely keep up. The OMAC is breaking apart, but Barry says he's not going fast enough yet, he then says his final words "Tag. You're it." Barry pushes himself further, running around the globe in a matter of seconds, flashes are seen of global landmarks, the slipstream overturns cars and smashes the windows of buildings until the OMAC is nothing but a stream of particles flying behind him. But Barry keeps going, he leaves the Earth and sees lights exploding around him, it's the stars and galaxies that make up all of the visible universe, but he still keeps going through the black, knowing he can still go faster until he reaches one final light, a wall like liquid glass, the ultimate stop sign. The wall of the speed force. He races through it. Barry is gone. The Flash suit falls down. Empty.

Hmm... interesting. That is a far cry from the summary I read (which I now believe might have been fake). In that version, Barry kinda had a croaking frog moment like "Ohp... I'm dead x_x" and Wally was kinda standing there and sort of just became Flash.

This version sounds pretty acceptable. However, it'd still be a better impact if it happened in a sequel after there has been some time for a solo movie and the second JL so the audience has more time to care about the character and sort of make him the Phil Coulson of the series. Seriously, everyone in the showing of Avengers I went to were "aww"ing when he died. I'm a superhero guy and even I didn't feel that compelled. If they're going to kill anybody off, they'd need to make it meaningful that way.

A new preview for Mattel DC Unlimited Darkseid has been released. Thought it would be interesting to post to look at Darkseid's design:

matteldcunlimited6infig.jpg

If Jack Kirby saw that, he would probably forgo rolling in his grave and just give up.

Wow...ouch...not a fan of that one. However the recently released Jim Lee new 52 inspired Darkseid figure I absolutely love!!! I posed him in a vs battle against the Wonder Woman figure from that series...

dvswwg.jpg

Wow...ouch...not a fan of that one. However the recently released Jim Lee new 52 inspired Darkseid figure I absolutely love!!! I posed him in a vs battle against the Wonder Woman figure from that series...

dvswwg.jpg

That looks cool!

Kirby's original design for Darkseid is absolutely perfect. There's no reason to change it.

darkseid_kirby-1.jpg

Last edited:
The film needs more than one villain.
Lex Luthor is working together with one from Batman's villain gallery (either Clock King or The Riddler). And then we have another Supes character, Brainiac, who can symbolize the universe while the other two are Earth-bound.
The trio take out all communication and unleash chaos in the world as a vendetta for all our superheroes.
But Brainiac has an own sinister agenda. He's only weakening the world to prepare for the coming of a real big threat. Something yet to happen, but "countdown has begun". It's the coming of Darkseid. War god Ares is also joining Brainiac's cause. He likes a good slaughter, and would love to see humankind enslaved forever.
But what if Brianiac doesn't want to rule something, only destroy? Maybe he involves all these master brains, super people and gods/titans against each other just to wreck havock?
When Darkseid's armies arrive, there would be more than just the League who stands up for our world. I think all of Atlantis, every amazon warrior, the gods of Olympus and a part of the GL corps, along with the army/air force/navy from a lot of the world's countries

Maybe Brainiac have another trick up his sleeve, a secret weapon than not even Darkseid would have expected? Maybe Brainiac releases Doomsday towards the end of the film. Then expect a fight that goes on for more than 20 minutes, with every team member involved.

The Unlimited Darkseid looks like a cross between C3P0 and Darkseid. Ugh.
I do like the Wonder Woman and Darkseid figures posted above; I will add those to the list of of figures I need to pick up.

I wish they would stop letting Jim Lee redesign things.

Most definitely agreed. Killing him was stupid. He was never going to stay dead anyway, wasn't created to be dead. Everyone knew that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"