Who should score Justice League?

Anyone but Elfman.... he's overrated.

John Williams or Hans Zimmer.

John Ottman would be good too. I thought he did a good job with X2 and Superman Returns.

Hans Zimmer (Batman Begins) would be fine.

James Horner (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens, Braveheart)

Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings)

Maybe Marco Beltrami (Hellboy)

Too bad we no longer have geniuses like Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek 1 among others) or Basil Poledouris (Conan the Barbarian, Robocop). Either of them could have turned out powerful, majestic scores for something like this.

No Zimmer and no Horner. Horner does exceptionally well at dramas but it's been quite a while since I've heard a really good action/adventure score from him... last one I heard was The Rocketeer and that was released in 1991.

And I don't want Zimmer. He's a good composer and all, but for the past few years he and his RC team (such as Steve Jablonsky) have pretty much dominated the summer blockbuster sound in terms of scoring, and I'd like a return to the purely orchestral approach to superheroes. I'm sick of the synthesizers and electronics put over a repetitive stream of strings and brass. John Powell has developed quite a bit since graduating from RC, and his X-Men 3 score was impressive. It sounded nothing like Zimmer would do. Plus, Zimmer has the solo Batman franchise to himself and James Newton Howard. He doesn't need to add JL to his resume.

If Warners insists on a Zimmer-like sound for JL, Miller can hire one of Zimmer's collaborators like Nick Glennie-Smith, Steve Jablonsky or Henning Loehner -- and they're cheaper, too.

But I wouldn't say no to Howard Shore or Marco Beltrami. They're pretty good choices in terms of delivering big, epic action scores.

Harry Gregson-Williams, John Williams, Hanz Zimmer or Howard Shore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"