Who was that guy?

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
There was an issue of Ghost Rider during the Dan Ketch era, Howard Mackie was the writer..Salvador LaRocca was the artist...I just don't remember which issue it was...

There was a guy who came to Dan's door...he was an older man...same color hair as Dan..I believe he had a goat-T...in a very "Mackiesque" sort of way..we were introduced to this guy...who smiled ominously and claimed that he knew him very well. Typically..we never hear from this character again.

I don't remember the issue and don't feel like going through all those issues again...but who was that mysterious guy? Was he the reference used to "Mister Eleven?" or was he Dan's Father? Who was he?

I know I'm not going crazy when I tell you I remember seeing that panel.

I think it was supposed to be Dan's dad. There were lots of unresolved hints during that time (like when the letter page stated that GR had spurs after Hellgate resurrected him, but only temporarily. They said there was a reason for this and if we looked closely, the reason was in those stories...I could never figure it out.) Anyways it had to be Dan's dad, he was drawn like an older Dan. Of course thats still just a guess.

I think it was supposed to be Dan's dad. There were lots of unresolved hints during that time (like when the letter page stated that GR had spurs after Hellgate resurrected him, but only temporarily. They said there was a reason for this and if we looked closely, the reason was in those stories...I could never figure it out.) Anyways it had to be Dan's dad, he was drawn like an older Dan. Of course thats still just a guess.

You have a good point there, Blaze. The mystery man was probably meant to be a significant part of Howard Mackie's original intent for Dan's origin - one that was supposed to have revealed his Ghost Rider as none other than Zarathos, all along! In all honesty, no one knows... When Ivan Velez took over, almost all of Mackie's plotlines were ignored and he went ahead with his own ideas.

^ Either that or Howard was just pulling another one of his notorious tricks. Its really hard to tell whether or not Mackie is even serious about coming up with an origin for his characters: he's quite infamous for often leaving his plots vague or unresolved. That had always been, IMHO, his biggest flaw as a writer :csad:...

There was an issue of Ghost Rider during the Dan Ketch era, Howard Mackie was the writer..Salvador LaRocca was the artist...I just don't remember which issue it was...

There was a guy who came to Dan's door...he was an older man...same color hair as Dan..I believe he had a goat-T...in a very "Mackiesque" sort of way..we were introduced to this guy...who smiled ominously and claimed that he knew him very well. Typically..we never hear from this character again.

I don't remember the issue and don't feel like going through all those issues again...but who was that mysterious guy? Was he the reference used to "Mister Eleven?" or was he Dan's Father? Who was he?

I know I'm not going crazy when I tell you I remember seeing that panel.
that was your mom!!

Cain,

Your right it was a flaw in his writing but it did spark my interest. Maybe he was just testing the waters and seeing what fans reactions were so he can see which way he should take the story.

Whatever his idea was, I'm still thinking about it. The guy does kinda look like Mister Eleven...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"