who was the candidate...?!?!

Dcknight

Je Me Souviens
Reaction score
for Batman 89 Batman forever Batman and robin and Batman Begins who was the actors in audition to play the dark knight, who wants the role and who was the cast choice for playing Batman...

if someone knows the answers that would be cool to tell me!

thanx!

DcKnight

Alec Baldwin, Charlie Sheen, Bill Murray, Pierce Brosnan and Tom Selleck were rumored to be considered for the role of Batman in Batman 89, even Adam West expressed interest. Michale Keton got the role, he reprised it in Batman Returns.

Val Kilmer played Batman in Batman Forever

George Clooney played Batman in Batman and Robin

A large number of actors auditioned for the lead role in Batman Begins, including Henry Cavill, Jake Gyllenhaal, Joshua Jackson, Cillian Murphy, Hugh Dancy, and Billy Crudup. Christian Bale got the role though.

Batman Forever:

Trivia
This is the second time Val Kilmer and Michael Gough were in a movie together. The first movie was the 1984 comedy Top Secret!, in which Kilmer made his debut.
One other name that was thrown out by Warner Bros. for Batman Forever was Batman Strikes.
Mel Gibson was rumored to be almost cast as Two-Face, and Micky Dolenz filmed a screen test to audition for the Riddler. Ironically, in 1956, a 10- year-old Dolenz starred in the TV series "Circus Boy" with Robert Lowery, who played Batman in the 1949 Columbia serial Batman and Robin.
Schumacher said he chose Kilmer for the part of Batman after seeing his performance as Doc Holliday in 1993's Tombstone, believing Kilmer had the good looks, the physicality and the acting ability to play both Batman & Bruce Wayne. Unfortunately, the working relationship between Schumacher and Kilmer during filming was said to be very, very tense, with the two frequently arguing over the film's tone and direction and, at one point, reportedly getting into a shoving match with each other (Kilmer reportedly wanted a more serious and dramatic tone as opposed to the more lighthearted one the film was boasting). Nothing of this reported conflict was mentioned in the making of documentaries for the Batman DVD anthology and, in his audio commentary, Schumacher even states that he thinks Kilmer was the best of the Batman actors from this era (though he doesn't talk much about Kilmer during the commentary), and also complimented him on the opening fight sequence between Batman and Two-Face's thugs, citing that Kilmer did most of that fight himself, even while wearing a 50-lb. rubber bat-suit.
In one early 1993 draft, the villains were originally set to be Two-Face and The Scarecrow. Brad Dourif was set to play The Scarecrow.
Tim Burton intended to direct the third film in the franchise, but it became clear that Warner Bros. didn't want him to do it. According to the audio commentary on the 2005 Batman Returns DVD, Burton admits that he didn't exit the series, but rather, was asked not to return.
Detective Harvey Bullock was originally set to have a small role in the film, but Warner Bros. thought he would be confused with Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
Brad Dourif was considered for the role of the Riddler.
Robin Williams was offered the role of the Riddler, but he refused to consider it pending an apology from Warner Bros. for their casting of the Joker in the original Batman movie; Jack Nicholson had been the offered the role of Joker first but kept delaying his answer, and Williams was offered the role. The producers turned around and informed Nicholson that Williams was considering the offer, and Nicholson accepted.
Over 40 minutes of the movie was cut to make it more appealing and marketable to viewers with children. It was rumored for some time that this footage would be restored on the 'Director's Cut' DVD released in the upcoming 2005 boxset of the 1989-1997 films. However, Warner Bros. have declared plans for this were abandoned, although the Special Features on the disc will include some deleted scenes separate from the main feature.
Commissioner Gordon (played by Pat Hingle) was originally going to be shot and killed by Two-Face in an early draft, but the idea was turned down when WB wanted a family-friendly Batman film that children could go to.
Chris O'Donnell, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, and even Leonardo DiCaprio auditioned for the role of Robin in Batman Forever. Ultimately, O'Donnell won the part over DiCaprio, supposedly because Schumacher thought that audiences would believe the former throwing a punch over the latter. Christian Bale, who played Batman in Batman Begins, was also considered for Robin.
Billy Dee Williams agreed to play Harvey Dent in the original Batman, hoping that the role would guarantee he would be playing Two-Face himself in a sequel. However, he was eventually bought out in order to recast the role with Tommy Lee Jones. Many fans have noted that they disliked Jones' manic performance and believed that Williams would have done a better job.
In one scene, Two-Face is repeatedly flipping his coin, trying to get the result he wants. This has irked many comic book fans, who claim that it ignores the character's compulsion, as portrayed in the comic books, to use the coin to decide whether to abide by the law or break it, and to accept whatever action a coin flip dictated.
In an editing mistake during a flashback scene (in which Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face when a criminal throws acid in his face), the "acid" visibly hits Tommy Lee Jones completely in the face before he could cover the one side which would stay normal.
Exploring alternative casting options, comedian Marlon Wayans was screen tested for the role of Robin.
The movie is 122 minutes long, shorter than the Burton films.
In the comics, Robin is a teenager; Chris O'Donnell was around 25 years old during filming. In the film, however, he still asks about Social Services after his parents were killed, implying that he was in fact a teenager.
When Dick is talking to Batman about superhero names he could use, he says Nightwing, which is his current identity in the comics.
Seven-time Grammy nominees En Vogue played hookers in the film. Martial-arts expert Don "The Dragon" Wilson played a gang leader.
In one scene, Bruce Wayne mentions that the travelling circus has moved onto Metropolis, a clear reference to the fictional city of another DC Comics character, Superman.
In the original script, Two-Face's female servants, Sugar and Spice, were known as "Lace" and "Leather", respectively.
In this film, Two-Face is referred to as "Harvey Two Face".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Forever

Dcknight said:
for Batman 89 Batman forever Batman and robin and Batman Begins who was the actors in audition to play the dark knight, who wants the role and who was the cast choice for playing Batman...

if someone knows the answers that would be cool to tell me!

thanx!

DcKnight

David Duchovny tried on the Bat suit for Batman & Robin.

Cillian Murphy auditioned for Batman Begins.

Batman - Mel Gibson, Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, Tom Selleck, Kurt Russell (rumored), Bill Murray, and Charlie Sheen, as said above. Gibson would have been good as Batman.

Batman Returns - obviously Keaton returned.

Batman Forever - Val Kilmer was the only candidate I believe.

Batman & Robin - Clooney was the only one I believe as well.

Batman V - Kurt Russell again, Clint Eastwood, James Caan (Batman Beyond candidates).

Begins - Gyllenhaal, Bale, Cavill, Joshua Jackson, Murphy, Dancy, and Crudup, which was also already mentioned.

I think Tom Hanks was a candidate for Batman in Batman Forever.

For Batman Begins, candidates included -

Ashton Kutcher
Hugh Dancy
Joshua Jackson
Eion Bailey
Cillian Murphy (the Scarecrow ironically)
Jake Gyllenhaal
David Boreanaz
Billy Crudup
Henry Cavill

I read that Guy Pearce was also considered for the role of Batman at one point.

Two Face said:
Detective Harvey Bullock was originally set to have a small role in the film, but Warner Bros. thought he would be confused with Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
What?

i think alec baldwin would do a good job

Harvey Bullock should been played by John Goodman in BF but I can see him playing Bullock in BB2 tho

Bullock should definetly be in the movies as he represents the anti-Batman voice in the police.

Michael Keaton was contacted to play the Batman/Bruce Wayne role in all 5 films. He was offered 35 million to do Forever which he refused because he didn't like the direction it was going, then when Kilmer couldn't do Batman and Robin they went back to Keaton who again refused. After Batman and Robin flopped and Warner wanted to go back to the Dark Batman they again went back to Keaton do to Batman 5 with a new director (that was rumored to have the Scarecrow as the only villain) and offered him a 2 picture deal. Unfortunatly they couldn't agree on a script and director and that fell through. Keaton still did Jack Frost for them as part of that deal and Warner later restructured that movie project in what was gonna become Batman Begins.

Two Face said:
Micky Dolenz filmed a screen test to audition for the Riddler.

Mickey Dolenz from The Monkees as The Riddler? WTF?! Are you serious?!

"hey hey, I'm The Riddler, I'm just riddling, around. I'm too busy asking questions and putting Batman down."

That would've been frightening.

I heard someone here once post that Steven Guttnesburg (can't spell his last name, but he known for doing Police Academy movies) was one of the choice for Batman. Thought I don't know if that was true on the rumor of him being on of the actor consider for Batman89 before Keaton was hired. Man, that seem like a bad idea if Steve was in the role.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
Michael Keaton was contacted to play the Batman/Bruce Wayne role in all 5 films.

No, he wasn't. He signed a one-picture deal for Batman, and a one-picture deal (for more money) for Returns. You didn't have the multi-picture deals for franchises back then.

Yes he was. Keaton confirmed it himself in interviews. And the 2 picture deal I refer to are not for Batman movies, it was for a Batman movie and an another movie that turned out to be Jack Frost.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
Yes he was. Keaton confirmed it himself in interviews. And the 2 picture deal I refer to are not for Batman movies, it was for a Batman movie and an another movie that turned out to be Jack Frost.

Sorry, I misread contacted as contracted.

Lesson here folks: most arguments are the result of misunderstandings. 29 here and myself are very mature individuals and avoided conflict; model yourselves on us and you'll enjoy a a rich, happy, peaceful life.

Kevin Roegele said:
Sorry, I misread contacted as contracted.

Lesson here folks: most arguments are the result of misunderstandings. 29 here and myself are very mature individuals and avoided conflict; model yourselves on us and you'll enjoy a a rich, happy, peaceful life.

Indeed. Very well said Kevin.

I think that Daniel Day Lewis and Ralph Fiennes were two candidates for the batman role in batman forever before Val Kilmer was casted.

Nightwing1977 said:
I heard someone here once post that Steven Guttnesburg (can't spell his last name, but he known for doing Police Academy movies) was one of the choice for Batman. Thought I don't know if that was true on the rumor of him being on of the actor consider for Batman89 before Keaton was hired. Man, that seem like a bad idea if Steve was in the role.
I did a thread once about a rumor that Michael Keaton was offered the lead in Police Academy and what might of happened if Guttenburg had been in Batman '89.

sg.jpg

pretty convincing eh? :)

Lazlo Panaflex said:
I did a thread once about a rumor that Michael Keaton was offered the lead in Police Academy and what might of happened if Guttenburg had been in Batman '89.

sg.jpg

pretty convincing eh? :)

Whoa, I didn't realise Guttenburg did an audition in the costume....;)

wich actors you'll choose if Keaton doesn't get the role........

Alec Baldwin is great i think...

DcKnight

I think that if Christian Bale wouldnt have gotten the part in begins then David Boreanaz would have been a very good choice.

Could someone do a manip of him in the suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"