Who will be the first superhero to die on film?

There have been so many.
So who was correctly predicted since this was asked?
Who counts? Who doesn't? Who came back? Who really is "never" coming back?

1wjwta.gif

1wjwpu.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/1wjwc1.gif
1wjx5d.gif

1wjxap.gif

1wjxga.gif

1wjzyg.gif

1wjvga.gif

1wjv1e.gif

1wjz8e.gif

1wjyk1.gif

Last edited:
DoFP kills don't count in my book, they were all brought back by changing history in the same movie. And Quicksilver died before Wolverine.

True. If we discount DOFP (and BvS) because they come back, then Quicksilver is the first. But Xavier and Wolverine are the first anyone cared about. :hehe:

This thread was made back in 2013, so...this guy
giphy.gif

If you want to go Kick-Ass territory, Big Daddy died first.
We can count times prior to this thread's existence. :D

Off the top of my head the first was Elektra in Daredevil, which beat Jean Grey in X2 by a few months.

If there was one before that I'm not recalling it right now.

EDIT: And I mean feature films, so Bill Bixby doesn't count.

Off the top of my head the first was Elektra in Daredevil, which beat Jean Grey in X2 by a few months.
As a fan of that movie, I can't believe I forgot that moment. The spin-off movie is forgettable and I can ignore its existence.

I think Wolverine was the first superhero protagonist to actually go down and stay dead in Logan. Every other death we're talking about is a pre-killed supporting character or a pre-resurrected character.

I think Wolverine was the first superhero protagonist to actually go down and stay dead in Logan. Every other death we're talking about is a pre-killed supporting character or a pre-resurrected character.

Yep they put him and Charles six feet under. A really bold move that made for a great movie that was totally worth it. But I do suspect from a business model vantage, Fox will be kicking themselves in a few years when they have to undo what they have done.

We can count times prior to this thread's existence.

Some older ones listed...
1x5hrz.gif

1x5hin.gif

1zgn3f.gif

1x5ig7.gif

... what about Zorro way back in 1998?
1x5j15.gif

If we count Anthony Hopkins Zorro..., the costume, mask, cape, theme, wealthy secret ID, secret lair, etc... If Batman, Black Widow, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, etc. count he should at least count as the proto-superhero.

Diego de la Vega's death, passing the name and mantle to the next generation; to Alejandro and to his stolen Daughter(now reclaimed), was a great moment.

Can we count it as a pre-thread First death?
1wm29d.gif

...and post-thread latest first death Xavier (and who still haven't come back) Logan?
1wm5dl.gif

1x5kx1.gif

1x5lg8.gif

They [V and Zorro] might dress up in capes and masks, but are not included in the general superhero pantheon because they, in fact, wear hats.

Don't ask me why but if you wear a hat you can't be known in the superhero dictionary as a superhero. Maybe it is because people assume they are cowards to show their bald patches or something, dunno, are they in fact a pair of baldies?
^:funny:

Who will be the first superhero to die on film?
I was taking the question meaning from this point forward.But obviously,several others have died before now.
Yeah not sure how to take the thread's original question?
Hence putting options for both ; )

Last edited:
1x5gdx.gif

1x5gr4.gif

Yep they put him and Charles six feet under. A really bold move that made for a great movie that was totally worth it. But I do suspect from a business model vantage, Fox will be kicking themselves in a few years when they have to undo what they have done.

No they won't kick themselves, neither of the actors were coming back, so it was a great move to end those incarnations on a powerful note.
Even if they wanted more Wolverine, somebody new was going to have play him anyway, past or future.
Be it an alt. timeline, flashback, retcon, or future where they've already established Logan cloning, ...an X-25, so it was a prudent move to end that version in a memorable way.
And despite fans crying there will only be one true Logan, they live in a fantasy if they think they won't bring out that character again. Wolverine will definitely be back!
As far as Xavier, they've already got someone new playing him.

Last edited:
Wolverine will definitely be back, even if another continuity. Some characters are too big to stay dead and he's one of them.

Cyclops was killed in X3 I suppose. But then I guess they did kinda bring him back for that happy future scene.

1xj2yb.gif

Last edited:

Since Elektra was brought back to life for her next movie, I don't think she counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"