2008 - best year ever for superhero movies?

No, it's not a reboot.
Hulk will be like a "vague" continuity to this film.
Other than the origin (which will be kept for the sake of not having to do it again), don't expect to see any more things that sets up solid continuity in stone (like flashbacks, for example).

Here is what it says on the "What We Know So Far" thread...it was apparantly announced at Comic-Con:

*This is a complete reboot

*TIH with have a mix of CGI and Prosthetics.

*Release Date is June 13th 08

*Is scheduled to start filming in June

*The Incredible Hulk to Shoot in Toronto for 4 months

*Dominic Purcell is NOT in the film

* Edward Noton has been cast as Bruce Banner

* Liv Tyler has been cast as Betty

*Tim Roth has been cast as Emil Blonsky

*William Hurt has joined the cast to play General Ross (the main villain)

*Christina Cabot has been cast in the movie, she's cast as an aide to Ross who pursues Norton's Bruce Banner
*The Hulk to Face Tim Blake Nelson, he will play Samuel Sterns aka The Leader

*Edward Norton has tweaked the screenplay for TIH and he will play both Bruce and Hulk in the movie

* the official website of TIH ...http://www.theincrediblehulk.net/

*Zak Penn has just turned in his 3rd draft of the script (May 07)

*Budget is around 120mill

*Abomination and Thunderbolt Ross are the villains (the later being the main one)

*Aaron sims is designing the new Hulk

*LL says TIH is on schedule

*It's going to be closer to the comic

*It's not going to be like the TV Show but have a similar tone

*Stan Winston is create some of the effects for TIH

You can check for yourself man, but it is a reboot.

I don't think complete reboot- just loose sequel:

- Banner is still on the run
- Banner is already the Hulk

Meaning the first movie is still the origin, but this is seperate. Similar to how SR was a "sequel" to STMII.

It would be a complete reboot if the origins were shown again, which could have been possible- follow the classic comics origin, but I don't think there will be one.

Well, I'm not happy with the Joker in The Dark Knight. I'm really not. I feel like they've sacrificed something special to make the Joker into something resembling your generic movie-style serial killer.

I'm going to give the movie a shot on account of the first one, but I'm not overly optimistic.

I'm absolutely head over heels about what I've heard from Iron Man so far. I haven't been this excited for a superhero flick since the first Spider-Man. Hopefully, Marvel gets this one right.

The Hulk I am remaining cautiously optimistic about. I'll have to wait until more about it emerges.

Well, I'm not happy with the Joker in The Dark Knight. I'm really not. I feel like they've sacrificed something special to make the Joker into something resembling your generic movie-style serial killer.

I'm going to give the movie a shot on account of the first one, but I'm not overly optimistic.

You'd be amazed how many incarnations/characterizations of Joker is in the comics.
Even Jack Nicholson's Joker was true to the comics in that degree.
No doubt, it's true to the comics in more ways than one.

Here is what it says on the "What We Know So Far" thread...it was apparantly announced at Comic-Con:

*This is a complete reboot

*TIH with have a mix of CGI and Prosthetics.

*Release Date is June 13th 08

*Is scheduled to start filming in June

*The Incredible Hulk to Shoot in Toronto for 4 months

*Dominic Purcell is NOT in the film

* Edward Noton has been cast as Bruce Banner

* Liv Tyler has been cast as Betty

*Tim Roth has been cast as Emil Blonsky

*William Hurt has joined the cast to play General Ross (the main villain)

*Christina Cabot has been cast in the movie, she's cast as an aide to Ross who pursues Norton's Bruce Banner
*The Hulk to Face Tim Blake Nelson, he will play Samuel Sterns aka The Leader

*Edward Norton has tweaked the screenplay for TIH and he will play both Bruce and Hulk in the movie

* the official website of TIH ...http://www.theincrediblehulk.net/

*Zak Penn has just turned in his 3rd draft of the script (May 07)

*Budget is around 120mill

*Abomination and Thunderbolt Ross are the villains (the later being the main one)

*Aaron sims is designing the new Hulk

*LL says TIH is on schedule

*It's going to be closer to the comic

*It's not going to be like the TV Show but have a similar tone

*Stan Winston is create some of the effects for TIH

You can check for yourself man, but it is a reboot.

Spider-Fan, you were right.
Sorry about that.

I agree. Gonna hope they prove me wrong, but I am not walking in liking what I hearing as of right now.

Spider-Fan, you were right.
Sorry about that.

It's ok man :)

I didn't even see what the other posts you edited said, lol.

Shame though. I loved The Hulk :csad:

I agree. Gonna hope they prove me wrong, but I am not walking in liking what I hearing as of right now.

It's ok man :)

I didn't even see what the other posts you edited said, lol.

Shame though. I loved The Hulk :csad:

Hey, even Steel had some fans.

Hehe, well if that were true then his movie would be 0.0 on IMDB. It's at 2.9(lowest of any theatrically released SH movie).

I doubt it :dry:

Exactly. What is there to be a fan of?

Stick a self-councious, non-actor basketball player in a ridiculous costume, and give the director a tiny budget and the blandest, least ambitious TV-movie quality script possible. Result - a movie just as technically poor as Catwoman, but far more boring.

Hehe, well if that were true then his movie would be 0.0 on IMDB. It's at 2.9(lowest of any theatrically released SH movie).

Doesn't Hulk have like a 6 or something on IMDB?

Doesn't Hulk have like a 6 or something on IMDB?

I meant Steel. Point is that every movie is going to find at least 1 person out there who actually likes it. Probably more than 1. So it has "fans". But that doesn't mean the studios should repeat their mistakes to please a small minority who enjoyed their work. That's why I'm glad Hulk is getting a make-over.

But Hulk came out in 2003 and they are making another Hulk movie. Why reboot and give us another origin story, I don't think it is needed. I don't think they need to do another origin, nor do they need to reference The Hulk.

Vague sequel would have worked very well.

watched hulk again last night, I forgot how bad it was:(

watched hulk again last night, I forgot how bad it was:(

I watched it again last week and still remember how great a film it was. Not a great Hulk film to extend the franchise but a great stand alone film/story. I loved it. I'm extremely happy with how the 2008 film is coming together as well. It sounds even better and at the same time will give the fans what they want.

I watched it again last week and still remember how great a film it was. Not a great Hulk film to extend the franchise but a great stand alone film/story. I loved it. I'm extremely happy with how the 2008 film is coming together as well. It sounds even better and at the same time will give the fans what they want.

I'll post my review of HULK if you want? Let you get an idea of why I thought it was terrible.

^ I can understand why many people thought it was terrible. I just watched it on it's own merits without comparing it to how I thought it should be and I loved it. I did NOT expect the film to be what it was and it surprised me. At the same time it's not the direction I wanted the franchise to go for the next film which is why I'm happy it's being rehauled.

I couldn't of cared how much like the comcis it was at all, and I was still disappointed, it didn't stand up as a film at all, it was very shallow and empty.

I couldn't of cared how much like the comcis it was at all, and I was still disappointed, it didn't stand up as a film at all, it was very shallow and empty.

To each his own. I thought it was extremely deep...too deep for most people to enjoy. Which is biggest complaint I've heard about that film.

To each his own. I thought it was extremely deep...too deep for most people to enjoy. Which is biggest complaint I've heard about that film.

Really? I thought it attempted depth but failed, all the 'character moments' that is was filled with were just the actors saying lines that actually meant nothing and were rather sweeping rather than personal. Close ups of the actors pasuing is not really deep.

Nolte and the comic paneling aside. Bana was great as Bruce. The scene after he beat the Hulkbuster and almost strangled Betty was a great moment imo. Just a great scene displaying how it felt.

To the main topic of this thread, the law of averages says one of the three is going to suck. You gotta choose.

Nolte and the comic paneling aside. Bana was great as Bruce. The scene after he beat the Hulkbuster and almost strangled Betty was a great moment imo. Just a great scene displaying how it felt.

To the main topic of this thread, the law of averages says one of the three is going to suck. You gotta choose.

I agree, that was probably his best acting in the movie. I can see how Hulk(and Superman Returns for that matter) can be considered great stand alone films. Problem is they're supposed to be great Hulk/Superman films and that's where they fail.

And yes the law of averages does say that but it's not right all the time. That said, I'd rather TDK fail, if one has to. We've already seen a good Batman film before so I'm interested in something new.

it's not right all the time. That said, I'd rather TDK fail, if one has to. We've already seen a good Batman film before so I'm interested in something new.

Don't like that logic at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"