2008 - best year ever for superhero movies?

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
I'm convinced it will be. The Dark Knight looks to me like being the best superhero movie ever (and we all know with superhero movies, the second movie is usually the best). Iron Man looks superb as well.

As for Hulk, I don't think Norton would be involved it it didn't have potential. Even if it is pure popcorn, nothing wrong with that.

2008...a Hulk movie being released, its already looking better than 07 :up:

2008...a Hulk movie being released, its already looking better than 07 :up:

Yeah, Ghost Rider, FF2 and Spidey 3 (although I loved it) isn't exactly the best line-up.

A bit of a presumptuous thread but I am looking forward to TDK and the Comic Con footage of Iron Man looked brilliant so we'll see.

Yeah, Ghost Rider, FF2 and Spidey 3 (although I loved it) isn't exactly the best line-up.

i think the three movies coming out next year will atleast be better than FF and GR, two of them could match SM3 and one of them looks like it could beat SM3.

Well IM & TIH, sounds good to me. TDK is looking bleak, but when we get a real trailer I think things might pick up!:)

This year sucked for comic book movies, last year had sin city, but other than that, I can't think of anything decent. 2 good superhero movies in one year doesn't seem to have happened before to my knowledge, so this could well be!

2 good superhero movies in one year doesn't seem to have happened before to my knowledge, so this could well be!

2002 Blade II and Spidey
2003 had Hulk and X2
2004 Hellboy and Spidey 2
2005 Batman Begins and Fantas....okay, just the one
2006 Superman Returns and V for Vendetta

2002 Blade II-reasonalbe and Spidey-decent
2003 had Hulk-poor and X2-one of the finest CB films
2004 Hellboy-great and Spidey 2-disapointing
2005 Batman Begins-:( and Fantas....okay, just the one
2006 Superman Returns-great and V for Vendetta-ok, lose a lot in later viewings

Sint city would be in the good list, not great, but good.

If there are 2 good movies in one year, then it'll be the best!

Sint city would be in the good list, not great, but good.

If there are 2 good movies in one year, then it'll be the best!

I agree with a lot of your ratings.....especially Superman Returns. :up:

2008 without a doubt will be great.

After seeing some of the stuff from comic-con...2008 is going to be the year we have all waited for.

After seeing some of the stuff from comic-con...2008 is going to be the year we have all waited for.

Let's just hope we don't get to the apocalypse beforehand.

I fear 2008 may be the year the general public gets over superheroes in a big way like they are with CG animated cartoons.

IHulk, Hellboy2, TDK, Iron Man. Hellboy will flop. Hulk will do moderate. TDK will do bananas, and Iron Man will make enough to warrant a sequel.

I fear 2008 may be the year the general public gets over superheroes in a big way like they are with CG animated cartoons.

IHulk, Hellboy2, TDK, Iron Man. Hellboy will flop. Hulk will do moderate. TDK will do bananas, and Iron Man will make enough to warrant a sequel.

I can also see Hellboy flopping. I just don't think it has mainstream appeal, and doesn't have a superstar name to get past that (ala Ghost Rider).

Hulk will see a huge advertising campaign which will almost spell out, "This one is all about action and fun, it's really nothing like the first movie! Please come back!"

:woot:

Hulk will be something to behold. In a crowded summer, will people give a care enough to try or wait till the dvd

It looks like Fox is pushing for an '08 release for Wolverine as well... if not a summer '08 release. If so, it will be quite the summer of superheroes.

It looks like Fox is pushing for an '08 release for Wolverine as well... if not a summer '08 release. If so, it will be quite the summer of superheroes.

Isn't it always these days?

People are going to tire of it sooner or later.

I cant tell if I will love any of those or not (I thought I would love Spidey 3 and that was a BUST). But I am eagerly anticipating TDK, IM and Incredible Hulk. If Wolverine is to come out in 08, the more the merryer. Is'nt Watchmen also scheduled for 08?

I'm convinced it will be.

It has the potential, but the most important years will ALWAYS be 1978, 1989, and 2002.

1978 because Superman proved you can make a serious superhero movie.
1989 because Batman proved you can make a dark superhero movie.
2002 because Spider-Man success started the latest superhero trend.

And, I say latest cause Supes and Bats also started a superhero trend. Remember in 1990 when we got Ninja Turtles, Dick Tracy, and Darkman? Difference is that the latest trend is more success and perhaps better than the previous ones.

we all know with superhero movies, the second movie is usually the best.

Since when? Superman is better than Superman II. Batman is better than Batman Returns. Ninja Turtles is better than Secret of the Ooze. Spidey 2 and X2 are the only exceptions. ALTHOUGH I think the first Spider-Man is better than the second one.

It has the potential, but the most important years will ALWAYS be 1978, 1989, and 2002.

1978 because Superman proved you can make a serious superhero movie.
1989 because Batman proved you can make a dark superhero movie.
2002 because Spider-Man success started the latest superhero trend.

And, I say latest cause Supes and Bats also started a superhero trend. Remember in 1990 when we got Ninja Turtles, Dick Tracy, and Darkman? Difference is that the latest trend is more success and perhaps better than the previous ones.

Since when? Superman is better than Superman II. Batman is better than Batman Returns. Ninja Turtles is better than Secret of the Ooze. Spidey 2 and X2 are the only exceptions. ALTHOUGH I think the first Spider-Man is better than the second one.

Superman 2 was far superior to Superman...well, Donners cut of it is...the theatrical cut was on about the same level I'd say :o

Superman 2 was far superior to Superman...well, Donners cut of it is

There really isn't a Donner Cut per say. The DVD we got was just showing us what Donner's version would have been like. And, yeah, it probably would have been better than the original.

men in black got xmen going which got spiderman going

men in black got xmen going which got spiderman going

Men In Black is not a superhero movie. It's a comic book adaptation. And, yea, I did mention Dick Tracy but he, along with Zorro and The Shadow, are the granddaddy's of Batman. So, it made perfect sense that we'd get a Dick Tracy movie in 1990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"