2008 - best year ever for superhero movies?

Don't like that logic at all.

I agree. "Oh, the first movie was great, but the second has to be s*** just because its too boring for two movies on the same character. Blah, blah, bulls***."

I agree. "Oh, the first movie was great, but the second has to be s*** just because its too boring for two movies on the same character. Blah, blah, bulls***."

I don't think that is what he is saying. Someone else put it to him that out of the three next year (Hulk, Shell Head, and Bats), it is likely that at least one had to be bad ...so he said if that is the case, and he had to choose then out of three he hopes it would be TDK. I don't think that he wants or suspects that any shall be bad, it was just a choice thing.

Well then, you better hope Wanted and Hellboy takes the loser crowns.

Why must anybody "take the loser crowns"? Is it somehow illegal for the same people to go see and enjoy movies featuring different characters during the same summer? Or, worse yet, the same opening WEEKEND!? :-)wow: GASP! HORROR! CHENEY!:wow:)

Doesn't the Silver Surfer spin-off come out next year too?

Why must anybody "take the loser crowns"? Is it somehow illegal for the same people to go see and enjoy movies featuring different characters during the same summer? Or, worse yet, the same opening WEEKEND!? :-)wow: GASP! HORROR! CHENEY!:wow:)

First, it was kind of a joking post.

Second, I don't think some understand the Law of Averages. I just means that something is going to happen the longer or more you do of something.
Like juggling. The longer you do it or more things you juggle, you will eventually mess up. The more superhero movies you make, the greater chances you have that some will suck.

Doesn't the Silver Surfer spin-off come out next year too?

No

First, it was kind of a joking post.

As was mine.

Second, I don't think some understand the Law of Averages. I just means that something is going to happen the longer or more you do of something.
Like juggling. The longer you do it or more things you juggle, you will eventually mess up. The more superhero movies you make, the greater chances you have that some will suck.

And some movies have sucked. Others garnered mixed reviews, and yet others were mega-hits. Some succeeded (or failed) based on the actual quality of the film itself, others have pleased the mainstream while alienating (or catering to) a specific fanbase.

But all movies, no matter what they are should be judged by it's own merits, not by partial knowledge and perceived receptance a little less than a year before it's release. I don't care what movie you're poo-pooing and what movie you support, but the facts remain as such; there will always be people who'll love it, and always be people who'll hate it, and always those in between. Sometimes viewing said film changes the minds of some, sometimes not.

I'm just saying that it's a bit pointless to be arguing about it at all (and boy, did I pick the wrong place to state that; an internet movie forum), and I'd like to see what would happen if, for example, The Dark Knight and Hellboy 2 opened the same day, made the same amount of money and pleased/displeased the very same fans. Would this site explode?

When I heard Norton would be Bruce, and there'd be an Abomination...I was already eagerly anticipating TIH.
Even with the Dark Knight...I'm not even interested in DC or Batman nowadays but this looks...really, really good.

For me though? I really can't get enough of that footage of Iron Man. Seeing him come onto the big screen is as exciting as when I first saw Spidey.

honestly, I thought 2007 would be the best year ever for movies...but it isn't.
now 2008 seems the best one.
coming so many awesome movies, such as The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones 4...man, I don't want to be disappointed again. I really hope all this movies will be awesome.

honestly, I thought 2007 would be the best year ever for movies...but it isn't.
now 2008 seems the best one.
coming so many awesome movies, such as The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones 4...man, I don't want to be disappointed again. I really hope all this movies will be awesome.

Iron Man - Should be awesome

The Dark Knight - I think it will be really good, but not as good as Batman Begins. The Joker is the wild card here (pun intended)...Nolan is scaring me right now with the Joker. He can bring it up or down though.

The Incredible Hulk - Good cast, good villains, but rebooting this early is lame. Time will tell on this.

Indiana Jones IV - I can't get hyped for it. The other 3 are classics, and Spielberg and Lucas are not the same people that crafted those movies. I don't think they can capture that magic again. It might be good, but I think greatness is out of its reach, sadly :csad:

Indiana Jones IV - I can't get hyped for it. The other 3 are classics, and Spielberg and Lucas are not the same people that crafted those movies. I don't think they can capture that magic again. It might be good, but I think greatness is out of its reach, sadly :csad:
I always feared they could ruin the franchise with a new movie...since the first 3 were perfect.
oh well...only time will tell.

2008 seems like the year for the even-numbered sequels rather than the year of superheroes. Not that it won't be the year of superheroes too, but that's the thing about 2008 that really sticks out.

2nd movies: TIH (technically it is a sequel, because the characters are already set up but with a different cast and director), TDK, Hellboy 2
4th film: Indy 4
6th film: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

2008 seems like the year for the even-numbered sequels rather than the year of superheroes. Not that it won't be the year of superheroes too, but that's the thing about 2008 that really sticks out.

2nd movies: TIH (technically it is a sequel, because the characters are already set up but with a different cast and director), TDK, Hellboy 2

TIH is a complete reboot :o

2nd movies: TIH (technically it is a sequel, because the characters are already set up but with a different cast and director),
actually, no, it isn't a sequel because they will show how Hulk became Hulk...but in flashbacks. that's what they said at comic-con.
TDK, Hellboy 2
oh yeah, I forgot HP6, but this will be a little tiresome...the movie is almost all explanation (about Voldemort's life)...the good action is only in the final.
there are the new 007, too, and Jurassic Park 4, but I don't know what to think of this movie, yet.

I don't think that is what he is saying. Someone else put it to him that out of the three next year (Hulk, Shell Head, and Bats), it is likely that at least one had to be bad ...so he said if that is the case, and he had to choose then out of three he hopes it would be TDK. I don't think that he wants or suspects that any shall be bad, it was just a choice thing.

You are correct, sir!

(Just imagine it in Ed McMahon's voice, or Phil Hartman's SNL imitation of McMahon's voice.:cwink: )

I love how this the only site I've been on where people seem to be all up an arms over a small clip on a small teaser trailer. :o People never cease to amaze me. :whatever:

I love how this the only site I've been on where people seem to be all up an arms over a small clip on a small teaser trailer. :o People never cease to amaze me. :whatever:
are you talking about TDK teaser?
if so, I hated that. the teaser was extremely poor. didn't show anything necessary to really got me teased, hyped.

and Jurassic Park 4, but I don't know what to think of this movie, yet.

If there isn't news about casting and who's going to direct it emerge in the next few months, Jurassic Park 4 will be put off to 2009 because ILM needs to be contracted for the film and the fact that sets need to be built, etc.. Most of the films scheduled to be released next year have already started filming (or in Iron Man's case, finished principal photography). They're going to have to fast-track JP4 in order to get a 2008 release.

If there isn't news about casting and who's going to direct it emerge in the next few months, Jurassic Park 4 will be put off to 2009 because ILM needs to be contracted for the film and the fact that sets need to be built, etc.. Most of the films scheduled to be released next year have already started filming (or in Iron Man's case, finished principal photography). They're going to have to fast-track JP4 in order to get a 2008 release.

yeah, I know. but I got word yesterday that they are searching for the cast already (finally), and is set to a 2008 release. seems unlikely, imo. but I hope so. but the bizarre thing about it is that they are planning to make the dinosaurs go to war, they will have guns and the government owns them. that's why I really don't know what to think about it.
I want JP4 to be like JP1 and JP3. more like the first.

im giving the joker the benefit of the doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"