2008 - best year ever for superhero movies?

Blade is a very important film that shouldn't be missed off that list! 1998.(not to mention the matrix ripping of the bullet time sequence hardcore!)

the incredible hulk might be good a franchise on that would be as a poster put it while critizing the hulk "america's answer to the godzilla franchise"

So says all who were disappointed by 2007 (wasn't that supposed to be the best?)

I am going to wait and see. I am worried about TDK a lot, but Iron Man looks awesome. Can't say much about TIH right now other than great cast.

So says all who were disappointed by 2007 (wasn't that supposed to be the best?)

I am going to wait and see. I am worried about TDK a lot, but Iron Man looks awesome. Can't say much about TIH right now other than great cast.

^ Agreed. :up: After seeing that teaser for The Dark Knight I am worried about it and worried how the Joker will be portrayed especially after hearing him. He sounds like beetlejuice to me. :o :csad:

^ Agreed. :up: After seeing that teaser for The Dark Knight I am worried about it and worried how the Joker will be portrayed especially after hearing him. He sounds like beetlejuice to me. :o :csad:

It seems to me Nolan may have gone overboard on the twisted side of the Joker, and maybe altered him too much.

Also, the voice is not great.

the incredible hulk might be good a franchise on that would be as a poster put it while critizing the hulk "america's answer to the godzilla franchise"

That's a strange way of putting it.

Here's hoping that 2008 will be a kind of renaissance for CBM's.

Hellboy will flop.

Hellboy's chance to flop came in 2004 when instead it grossed $US99.3 million on a $US66 million budget and did just fine in DVD. It didn't flop then (in spite of heavy weight competition in international markets) and the sequel is unlikely to flop in 2008. :dry:

Blade is a very important film that shouldn't be missed off that list! 1998.(not to mention the matrix ripping of the bullet time sequence hardcore!)

Even though my Blade fandom dates back to the self-titled comicbook of the 90's I'm constantly bewildered by how often people on SHH credit Blade as being "ripped off" by The Matrix. :whatever:

Bullet Time on Wikipedia. Apparently it is music videos that have the stronger claim. :oldrazz:

Hellboy's chance to flop came in 2004 when instead it grossed $US99.3 million on a $US66 million budget and did just fine in DVD. It didn't flop then (in spite of heavy weight competition in international markets) and the sequel is unlikely to flop in 2008. :dry:

I'm guessing you are a Hellboy fan. It's will probably flop in the US because the release date has put it a week before the TDK in the summer and not because the movie itself will dictate it so.

I think 2008 has an excellent chance to be the best year since 1978 started the whole ball of wax to begin with. Yep, 30 years but we're getting there(crosses fingers).:hyper:

Lots of good films coming out indeed, but the question is will they deliver :ninja:

Definitely has a chance.

So, what all do we have for 2008 and what are the release dates?

Most looking forward to Iron Man :up:

All I know is that TDK should become a monster of a movie.

TDK still worries me a lot. Lost a little interest in TIH with the flat out reboot thing. Wasn't huge on Hellboy (hope the sequel is better).

Though I think Iron Man will rock :up:

TDK still worries me a lot. Lost a little interest in TIH with the flat out reboot thing. Wasn't huge on Hellboy (hope the sequel is better).

Though I think Iron Man will rock :up:

Iron Man worries me the most since I have my doubts about [SIZE=-1]Jon Favreau, but with TDK Nolan has proven many times that he´s a good director, so no worries there[/SIZE]

I posted my worries about the Joker's direction in TDK above. It looks like he has a high probability of sucking to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"