Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Film is subjective. It's her opinion. We can't have it both ways and cherry pick the opinions that match up to our own expectations. Would you take it seriously if she was gushing over IW instead?

I agree with this 100%. Critics are people at their core with opinions. Ones we will either agree or disagree with. But, not liking IW but liking BvS doesn't mean they don't have a valid opinion. They saw the movie, so their opinion is valid. Sadly, 95% of us right now have invalid opinions because we didn't actually SEE the movie! For us, it is speculative. This person actually saw it.

You can agree or disagree with a critic. You have a right to your opinion. But, don't act like our opinions are above theirs. They're not. They're just different. I am tired of the critic shaming that goes on here for every dang movie.

I respect your opinion, but, IMO, that's an incredible overrate.

To each their own. He was the only villain to ever have me leaving the theatre with legitimate goosebumps.

I always thought Stane was a great villain in IM, and I also really enjoyed Pierce, Zola and Zemo a lot in the Cap films. All great villains to me.

Stane was great. It was Iron Monger that was ****.

Killmonger was great and Vulture was really good. Hela was fun but could've been fleshed out more (there was a lot of interesting territory left unexplored).

I've complained about MCU villains in the early phases but they are on a good run now.

All those human villians that don't require a power up to match our heroes have all been really good. Might add Stane before the Iron Monger suit in the lot.

Why do people keep leaving out Ego? He was probably my favorite villain out of the recent ones (him, Vulture, Hela and Killmonger). He was a really unique character and a perfect villain for the GotG franchise. Whoever the villain is for vol. 3 has their work cut out for them.

Why do people keep leaving out Ego? He was probably my favorite villain out of the recent ones (him, Vulture, Hela and Killmonger). He was a really unique character and a perfect villain for the GotG franchise. Whoever the villain is for vol. 3 has their work cut out for them.

I legit thought he was the good guy since i didn't watch the trailer and know nothing about him. Boy i was wrong lol.

Stane, Loki, Red Skull, Pierce, Winter Soldier, Grandmaster, Ego, Hela, Killmonger, Zemo and Crossbones were all really good-to-all time great villains.

All those human villians that don't require a power up to match our heroes have all been really good. Might add Stane before the Iron Monger suit in the lot.

I think they're a bit easier to get right though too.

Beats me, he was so much better than the overrated Vulture and Hela. Hela was a forgettable antagonist saved by the actress' performance and Vulture was just the embodiment of the "that escalated quickly" meme. Ego was far more interesting in my opinion.

Ego is also one of my favorite MCU villains as well.

Yeah, I loved Ego. Great job by Kurt Russell.

Vulture, Killmonger and Ego are my favorite MCU villains.

Loki, Killmonger, and Ego are my 3 favorites.

John Campea just said that Thanos might actually challenge Heath Ledger's joker as the best comic-book movie villain ever. :hmr::hmr::hmr::hmr:

I'm sure Thanos will be done justice but I just can't take anything Campea says seriously because it always feels like hyperbole.

It's actually easier to now list the "bad" villains as the list of good ones is getting longer.

I'm sure Thanos will be done justice but I just can't take anything Campea says seriously because it always feels like hyperbole.

Actually it seems like Campea wasn't even all that crazy about it which makes his statement even more interesting. Compared to BP and I'm guessing Ragnarok it sounds like he liked those movies more, but he did give major props to the Russo's pulling off Thanos and making the whole thing work as best as anyone can. I'm definitely curious about his full review.

Agree about Ego too. I don't know if he's on the level of Loki and Killmonger but I was certainly satisfied with Ego much like I was with Red Skull and Vulture.

The thing about the Joker is that, because of his personality and tendencies, the character lends himself to noteworthy performances. That said, there's a difference between a good performance and a good villain. Brolin topping Ledger's performance as the Joker will be hard, but I can totally believe that Thanos may end up being the best CBM villain.

I really liked Ledger's performance through the first two acts. By the third act I was bored of the shtick. That film was entirely too convoluted/long.

I agree, Ego is really underappreciated.

(Though I might be biased as a Kurt Russell fan)

I think GOTG2 is underappreciated in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"