Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

The only movie I can think of where the villain was the start is The Dark Knight. None other CBMs stand out in that regard off the top of my head. It was also the greatest villain performance in history, IMO.

I respect your opinion, but, IMO, that's an incredible overrate.

That old dude in IM1 was pretty fkin terrifying as well. What was his name again? Samoa?

Thor deserves this kind of treatment. He was largely hidden for most of the other Avenger films.

Definitely. He should have been one of the big 3 from the beginning but it looks like he's starting to get there now.

I respect your opinion, but, IMO, that's an incredible overrate.

I used to be a marvel homer and a DC dumper, but atleast compared to the MCU TDK is better than anything the MCU has produced. In terms of the villain, that joker is just on a different level.

That said, I like some MCU movies more, but I will be objective

John Campea just said that Thanos might actually challenge Heath Ledger's joker as the best comic-book movie villain ever. :hmr::hmr::hmr::hmr:

John Campea just said that Thanos might actually challenge Heath Ledger's joker as the best comic-book movie villain ever. :hmr::hmr::hmr::hmr:

2ucdUyR.gif

This is something I have to see to believe. I take no one's word on this.

Wow. Looks like Thor and Thanos are the standouts from the movie.

Well, a character has to have screentime to stand out, Thor having that (in contrast with AoU) certainly helps.

Thor seems to be the exception as far as the upper tier Avengers go, I could be wrong, but I get the impression Scarlet Witch and Vision are handled very poorly.

Last edited:
Oh ****.. Please post this!! ????

Watch the beginning of his livestream on YouTube. He can't say too much about it since the embargo is still up, but he was really impressed by how The Russo's handled Thanos.

I always thought Stane was a great villain in IM, and I also really enjoyed Pierce, Zola and Zemo a lot in the Cap films. All great villains to me.

The thing about the Joker is that, because of his personality and tendencies, the character lends himself to noteworthy performances. That said, there's a difference between a good performance and a good villain. Brolin topping Ledger's performance as the Joker will be hard, but I can totally believe that Thanos may end up being the best CBM villain.

The Dark Knight is overrated. IMO, Cap: WS and Black Panther are superior movies.

Man, I wish I had a cool name like "Obadiah".

Crazy evil-scheming The Dude.

The Dark Knight is overrated. IMO, Cap: WS and Black Panther are superior movies.

I don't consider The Dark Knight overrated, but the idea that so many people consider Ledger's Joker the pinnacle of superhero villains is silly to me. To think that we'll never get a villain as good if not better than TDK Joker would be depressing. I mean, what's the point if he'll never be topped?

Think I might want to stay off the Internet or atleast anything Avengers releated forums until Thursday.

Even some of the more lukewarm tweets getting me excited

it's about damn time thor got his due in avengers, but i need to hear about my boy cap *cries*

https://twitter.com/ethanalter/status/988826120559751170

Because of its scale and story demands, #InfinityWar feels the most workmanlike of Marvel's recent output. The entertainment value is absolutely there, but I missed some of the individualized artistry that's present in entries like GoTG 2, First Avenger and Black Panther.

But kudos to the Russos for fitting unexpected and resonant grace notes into #InfinityWar where and when they could, particularly w/Thanos. Having looked back at Infinity Gauntlet recently, I was happy to see him treated seriously as a character, not just a punchy CGI blob.

https://twitter.com/markhdaniell/status/988824409971490816

.@Avengers #InfinityWar is everything fans of the MCU have been thirsting to see. It’s a 2.5 hour roller coaster ride that doesn’t let up until it’s final frame. The best ending to a Marvel movie + unforgettable chemistry between heroes you’ve only dreamed of seeing together.

https://twitter.com/davidlfear/status/988752721854550016

When I was a kid, I made a sandwich with turkey & peanut butter & Hershey bars & Swiss cheese & crackers & a hot dog, because these were all things I loved. Together, it was too much. Now imagine that sandwich is almost 3 hours long. That's the best way to describe #InfintyWar.

https://twitter.com/jhoffman/status/988822098733879297

I am now catching up with some of the rapturous tweets post-INFINITY WAR and, while I ultimately think there is much that works really well in this movie, I am shouting KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS at my computer right now.

She loved Justice League and BvS, so I wouldn't take her opinion very seriously.

Film is subjective. It's her opinion. We can't have it both ways and cherry pick the opinions that match up to our own expectations. Would you take it seriously if she was gushing over IW instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"