Arrow Who's done with ARROW, for killing SPOILER off?

Personally, I'm done watching Arrow. Of course, to be fair, my partner still wants to watch Arrow so it will be "on" in our home and I'll likely hear it in the background as I busy myself doing other things.

Also, to be fair, I've been losing interest in Arrow for a long time. I mostly enjoyed season 1 and I really enjoyed season 2. But, I had a lot of trouble enjoying season 3 with Sara's death, Oliver's "death" and a whole bunch of other nonsense. I had hoped that they could turn things around in season 4, but they haven't.

I'm not one to quit watching a show when they kill off my favourite character. And Laurel Lance / Black Canary has never been my favourite character. But, I feel that TPTB treated both the character and the actor dismissively and their "reasons" for killing off Black Canary which seemed to amount to not knowing what to do with the character and because they *had* to put someone in the grave are poor. I have no interest in watching a show when it appears clear that the writers either have no idea what they're doing or, if they do, then their ideas of "good" writing, interesting character motivations and development and strong story-lines are far removed from my own.

They could have easily written off Laurel Lance as taking a job in another city, perhaps hinting that she would go on to form the Birds of Prey. It would be no worse than the clumsy manner in which they wrote off Roy Harper / Red Arrow. Or Black Canary could have died taking down Malcolm Merlyn or Damian Darkh, thus saving the other members of the team and Star City.

Heck, they could have brought back Deathstroke to be finished by Laurel, although thematically I think it would have been stronger for her to die stopping Malcolm since he was responsible for Tommy's death, Sara's death and, from memory, hurt Papa Lance on more than one occasion. It could have also been somewhat ... justified by the fact that with only one hand, Malcolm is no longer the super-best-invincible fighter that he once was. Or I would have even accepted Laurel fighting "dirty" to gain the upper hand.

Basically, if Laurel had to die, then it should have been as a hero. I also have major issues with the writers retrospectively implying that at least part of Laurel's motivation for becoming the Black Canary is that she was, the entire time, in love with Oliver and wanted to understand his world and to be closer to him. That was just ... completely out of left field and a huge disservice to the character and her motivations. It was bad enough when they seemed to repeatedly suggest that Laurel was essentially just filling in for Sara (instead of Sara inspiring Laurel to greatness). Laurel carrying around that photo in her costume / armour was a nauseating concept.

I wouldn't have minded Laurel encouraging Oliver to pursue Felicity as part of a larger speech about being a hero / beacon of hope for Star City, as Laurel notes that Felicity provides Oliver with a good counter-balance. But, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I guess, for me, Laurel's death is simply symptomatic of everything that has gone wrong with Arrow, which makes it the final straw.

This really fascinates me. I mean, I remember last season when everyone (me included) complained about Laurel being the new Canary because of how whiny, manipulative, and all-around useless Laurel was. Now people are petitioning because she's been killed off. Not that I'm being critical, I think that just says more about the improved writing on her, but it is a fascinating shift.

(For the record, I think she's either not dead or will be brought back somehow. No one ever stays gone in the Arrowverse.)

I've actually seen some of the video reactions that People have had over Laurel's death and I haven't come across one where people didn't have bad/emotional reaction to Laurel's death.

I've also seen a lot of people online saying on how they're quitting the show as a result.

The sad thing is that Marc will just chalk it off as a "small portion" of the fanbase overreacting.

I'm on the fence with regards to the rest of the season but not coming back for season 5,nope.

Let's be honest, none of you are dropping the show and will tune in next season lol. You may fast forward parts (I fast forward all Felocity parts) but you'll still tune in. Who ya foolin?

I am watching ARROW unitl the series ended.
I am a DC Zombie and will support their shows and movies no matter what happens.

Let's be honest, none of you are dropping the show and will tune in next season lol. You may fast forward parts (I fast forward all Felocity parts) but you'll still tune in. Who ya foolin?
No. I didn't even watch this past episode. It'll be interesting. I've never sat down, looked at a show and just decided not to watch it because it's fallen so far in writing quality. But the show made a choice to not be a quality show, so I will make a choice not to be a viewer. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

334uukx.jpg

Eh, I haven't watched the last 3 episodes and don't miss it. Once you realize how much off-course the show has veered from what you liked about it, it's MORE work watching than not.

But sure lots of other people are still enjoying or have other reasons like staying w/ a show to the end, so why wouldn't they watch.

Wrong again, I stopped before the last ep once the spoilers were confirmed. The eps have been hard enough to get through as it was. This has confirmed that the hacks in charge will continue their work to drive Arrow into the g round.

Speak for yourself I dropped it 4-5 episodes ago. I'm still around these parts to watch Guggenheim get crucified and to see if the show improves.

(For the record, I think she's either not dead or will be brought back somehow. No one ever stays gone in the Arrowverse.)

THIS

Remember, right before she flatlined, she wanted Oliver to do something for her. Me thinks it's to pretend she's dead, maybe to protect her father or the Team or both.

They pulled the wool over Oliver's eyes regrading Roy, so...

I haven't seen this week's episode yet.

They've gone on record that there is no faking this death.

I swore I'd never watch when Sara got killed,but then they said that Laurel would be BC. Then I said that if she died,I'd stop watching. I don't miss the show at all an it's becomes "Ollie loves Felicity". The Flash is better and even if Legends has its issues,it's so much better. So is Supergirl. I've never watched the Vixen cartoon, but her character seems awesome.

Laurel's character was never given a fair chance,which is why she wasn't popular. I liked her with Tommy in season 1. She could have stayed on as the DA for the show and I would have preferred it if John died. John or Quentin. Wtf do they need Quentin on the show for now?

I do wonder what Laurel asked Oliver to do for her,though.

I swore I'd never watch when Sara got killed,but then they said that Laurel would be BC. Then I said that if she died,I'd stop watching. I don't miss the show at all an it's becomes "Ollie loves Felicity". The Flash is better and even if Legends has its issues,it's so much better. So is Supergirl. I've never watched the Vixen cartoon, but her character seems awesome.

Laurel's character was never given a fair chance,which is why she wasn't popular. I liked her with Tommy in season 1. She could have stayed on as the DA for the show and I would have preferred it if John died. John or Quentin. Wtf do they need Quentin on the show for now?

I do wonder what Laurel asked Oliver to do for her,though.

Laurel's relationship with Tommy was my favourite relationship on this show too. I thought the writing was good and that the acting from both Katie and Colin was too. I disagree with you regarding Diggle dying, as he is still important. I agree with you regarding Quentin though, his death would have made the most sense. His death would also have had an effect on lots of people. It would have affected Oliver, Laurel, Felicity (because of the horrible effect that it would have on her mother, Donna). And while to a much lesser extent, Diggle and Thea would also have been hurt by it, as I am sure that they have grown to appreciate and respect the former police captain more over the course of the season, as he has aided them by providing an insight into Darhk's operations and risked a lot in doing so.

Last edited:

I'll believe it when she doesn't return. They may find a way to tie her in with 'Legends" and have her past self come back to the present after her death before her death.

:shr:

Dude, I only sat through the Constantine episode out of loyalty to the character and Matt Ryan (same for Charles Halford's Supergirl gust appearance as Jemm).

You're starting to sound like a certain actor who infamously declared "You still go see it anyway"

Regarding this, I do remember reading it, but does anyone know if it directly referenced the grave or if it was referencing the death for the season?

I don't think as many people as this forum makes it out to be will drop the show, most casual viewers I talk too love the twists and turns and the death in particular for the show.

I'm done after this season. This Olicity crap and this death has really soured me on the show. I can't stand Felicity now.

I will never understand how the first two seasons were so amazing with the returning from the island, working off the 'kill-list', getting friendships back on track, gathering a team and even the flashbacks were interesting.

Season 3 was getting worse but I really dislike literally all of season 4, there hasn't been one episodethat gave me a good feeling. I will keep watching till the end, but I hate the fact they killed Laurel. She and Oliver should be together as well, can't stand Felicity

I will never understand how the first two seasons were so amazing with the returning from the island, working off the 'kill-list', getting friendships back on track, gathering a team and even the flashbacks were interesting.

Same for me - two first seasons were great. I do not care about this "love stories" - but for the good storytelling. Season 3 was simply bad - I stopped watching before its end. It seems that it was good choice...

I'm done after this season. This Olicity crap and this death has really soured me on the show. I can't stand Felicity now.

It almost seems like they're trying to make people hate her. She's been super irrational this season.

I keep watching, but I don't care. People dying in this show is very arbitrary... I mean one episode they're being sprayed with a machine gun and no one gets scratched. Then another episode they decide blood clot... and bam dead.

I don't really have any feelings towards her death, I never read the comics, and as the show went along she really was dead weight... as are all of them really. I think the show would still be at the same level if it was just a comedy featuring Damian Dark and Malcolm Merlin.

Hvnt watched since mid-season so....not really in this show emotionally. I REALLY checked out last yr after olivers 'death' thought they would come back better than ever! THUD! missed most on end to 3rd season. Missed most of this season since an awesome mid-season episode. But.....they just not keeping me interested

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"