Who's the Better Director?

Petersen. Better than Tony Scott, who's only made one good film.

No that was Ridley.
Tony is good but not as good as Ridley.
Petersen on the other hand is as good as Ridley.

^ True Romance...............I hope???

Christopher Nolan
Tim Burton
David Fincher
Martin Scorsese
Steven Spielberg
Richard Donner
John McTiernan
Martin Campbell
Sam Raimi
James Cameron

Thats tough for me. Not a fan of either one. But I do respect them for their contributions. I would vote for Pollack just for Tootsie & Out of Africa.

Last edited:
3 days of the condor, Jeremiah Johnson and Tootsie vs Deliverance, Hell In The Pacific and Point Blank.
Yeah, I think I'm going with Pollack too.
(Maybe I should have made it John Boorman vs John Schlesinger. It might have been more balanced).
Anyway, anyone please feel free to suggest another match if this one doesn't inspire you and fails to get this thread going.

Last edited:
I never seen a Sidney Pollack movie so I don't think I can vote on this.

I'll wait to see if there are enough people that have seen some of those films before I vote. Don't want to vote if it's going to get skipped over.

To hell with it...Boorman. :)

Robert Redford is great and all and Hoffman was good in Tootsie but you just can't beat Lee Marvin and Burt Reynolds.

Last edited:
I see what you mean and might have to reconsider my vote. Point Blank and Deliverance are such masterpieces.
Heck, I'll go with Boorman too:woot:, on the strength of those two great films alone.
But Pollack, still has a pretty impressive filmo and was an excellent actor as well.

Last edited:
I see what you mean and might have to reconsider my vote. Point Blank and Deliverance are such masterpieces.
Heck, I'll go with Boorman too:woot:, on the strength of those two great films alone.
But Pollack, still has a pretty impressive filmo and was an excellent actor as well.

Very true. Which is why this VS matchup is a good one for those that have seen their films. :yay:

I have a really good battle. If your a true movie buff, it will be a hard one for you I think.

Howard Hawks [ Scarface, Sergeant York, Rio Bravo, Gentlemen prefer Blondes ] vs. John Huston [ Maltese Falcon, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, African Queen,Unforgiven(1960)

Last edited:
Hawks. (You're right it was a tough one.)
But Rio Bravo is the perfect movie.

PS : It's a tie between Boorman and Pollack.

I'll settle the tie.

John Boorman

I saw Point Blank for the first time a few days ago and it was pretty awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"