BvS Whose casting is a LESSER concern to you - Ben Affleck or Gal Gadot?

I didn't understand why they were pushing the WW rumors like this, now it will be extremely complicated to introduce WW in the film.
I think this will depend on how she's introduced. I hope they don't try to cram her incredibly convoluted origin into this movie. That would make no damn sense, but if she's made to be mysterious then that might be a cool intro for any solo movie she gets.

Affleck is the lesser concern easily. He's a proven actor. The only thing I worry about is his "bat voice". Gadot raises a lot of questions though especially since ive' seen Fast Five. I wasn't impressed. I like the movie(it's the first one that's any good) but she did nothing for me. I'll watch it again to know for sure, but i'd never make her wonder woman off of that.

I think this will depend on how she's introduced. I hope they don't try to cram her incredibly convoluted origin into this movie. That would make no damn sense, but if she's made to be mysterious then that might be a cool intro for any solo movie she gets.

If they change her drastically the fans will be disappointed and if they keep her like she's, she'll not fit in the MOS universe. They're in a big dilemma. Anyway, this movie is not a Superman sequel and i don't think that there's a MOS universe anymore.

Did MOS have any LAW saying that magic is not possible?

And does Thor and Loki fit into Tony Stark's technology-based movie universe?

While I'm disappointed that it probably won't be a true sequel, hooray for a non-limited fantasy universe. DCU>MOSVERSE.

While I'm disappointed that it probably won't be a true sequel, hooray for a non-limited fantasy universe. DCU>MOSVERSE.

I don't care anymore and if they want to connect the Arrow show with this universe i don't care.

^ Might as well. Then Arrow's ratings will shoot through the roof, and people will have already known his backstory.

If they change her drastically the fans will be disappointed and if they keep her like she's, she'll not fit in the MOS universe. They're in a big dilemma. Anyway, this movie is not a Superman sequel and i don't think that there's a MOS universe anymore.
I agree that she needs to be tweaked. I am not a fan of a floating/hidden mystical island. Yet, if her origin is somehow worked in the plot then I can see it being used to further a story that may come later in her own solo film. Not sure how that would work to be honest, but it might be a way of gradually introducing her...no matter which route they take.

casting is far from the concern. MOS had some very weird pacing, but it was a decent starting point for superman. it just doesn't seem like snyder or goyer know how to end a story that isn't an adaptation. i'm more concerned with the writing, pacing, the overall story, and everything not exploding.

i recently bought MOS, and in the extras during the scene where superman bullrushes zod through smallville into the silos, snyder makes a comment, paraphrasing: "for some reason these silos are full of flammable/combustible material. i don't know why since most silos don't have that, but these just do for some reason."

Thor's mythos was introduced in his own movie separate from Iron Man's. In all honesty if Thor had showed up in either Iron Man 1 or Iron Man 2, then yea it would have felt really weird because they had yet to set the ground rules for it. Thor's movie logic had to work around Iron Man's in order for it to work, not the other way around.

I know a lot of crazy s*** happened in MOS but I think the line was firmly drawn between alien tech and all out magic. No matter how ridiculous they still tried to ground everything with scientific plausibility. If Wonder Woman had shown up in that movie, it would have felt quite silly.

You know technically the laws of the Nolan Bat-verse allowed for the existence of a Superman but that doesn't mean it lent itself to it.

It really just feels like the MOS sequel is gonna rewrite the rules similar to how TDK did after BB. Only whereas TDK toned everything back, the MOS sequel feels like it's gonna push the boundaries further. And frankly that's the only way to go if you ask me.

Neither. Just that "Man of Steel 2" will become "Batman and his Amazing Friends." Superman, of all superheroes, deserved his own sequel.

Definitely not worried about Gal Gadot. It will be a new take on Wonder Woman. She may even have an Israilian accent.

I didn't care for Bale's Bruce Wayne, he didn't have that occasional cold personality Bruce had in the comics or animated series that Keaton and Conroy portrayed.

Bruce Wayne is a playboy, but Bale's version seemed too happy. He's supposed to be angry and like Scrooge sometimes.

Affleck's voice sound too informal. He looks like a boyscout and sounds like a boyscout too. I just hope he changes his voice. Keaton and Conroy provided good voice as both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Affleck has the charm, but I also hope he can manage too look tired and weary in his eyes...and eye brows.

I don't want Affleck to sound anything like his normal voice, he needs to tone his voice down to a deeper, darker manly voice.

If he can sound like Conroy or the voice of Batman in Arkham Origins, that would be great.

For Batman, we need to move away for that Bale voice, he could sound like that, but significantly less, but not sound like a southern accent, or old man, but scary is good. Bale's voice was over the top and never consistent with his Batman voice. One minute it sounded quiet and light, then it sounded very loud.

Keaton's voice is awesome and he was the first person to make Batman sound badass.

Well I mean he was the first actor to play Batman.

On topic I have confidence in Batfleck, Gadot is what concerns me due to her acting ability. The Fast & Furious films aren't known for showcasing actor's talents.

When Ben got cast, you could watch Argo or The Town. When Foxx got cast as Electro, he had films you could watch. When Heath was cast, you had films of his to give you confidence. With Gadot we have no film that she's done to give us confidence in her acting.

Affleck is a far, FAR lesser concern for me.

He's a great actor when he wants to be and has a lot of experience in the actor/writer/director's chairs. Does he have some bad performances? Yes, nearly all actors do. But I trust him far more NOW than I did previously. And being a big comic fan helps a lot.

Gadot is a model with some stilted performances in a couple bad ensemble action movies.

It's going to take an act of god to convince me she's anything other than a disaster of a casting choice.

Affleck is a far, FAR lesser concern for me.

He's a great actor when he wants to be and has a lot of experience in the actor/writer/director's chairs. Does he have some bad performances? Yes, nearly all actors do. But I trust him far more NOW than I did previously. And being a big comic fan helps a lot.

Gadot is a model with some stilted performances in a couple bad ensemble action movies.

It's going to take an act of god to convince me she's anything other than a disaster of a casting choice.

90% of all this performances are bad. Only his recent ones are good.

Last edited:
Definitely not worried about Gal Gadot. It will be a new take on Wonder Woman. She may even have an Israilian accent.

:dry:

Bruce Wayne is a playboy, but Bale's version seemed too happy. He's supposed to be angry and like Scrooge sometimes.

This is just plain incorrect.

90% of all this performances are bad. Only his recent one are good.

I disagree but, for sake of argument, let's say you're right.

Even that 10% is better than Gadot's entire career.

Definitely Affleck.He's proven to be a decent actor,if nothing else.Gal I don't know from a hole in the ground.Out of all the possibilities out there,it's hard to believe she got the nod.

i recently bought MOS, and in the extras during the scene where superman bullrushes zod through smallville into the silos, snyder makes a comment, paraphrasing: "for some reason these silos are full of flammable/combustible material. i don't know why since most silos don't have that, but these just do for some reason."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_explosion

:doh:

Neither. I am concerned about the story and development of characters.

This is tough. I want to say Affleck because Batman is a pretty easy character to play, imo. Wonder Woman is a character I've never seen before in live action. Ive never seen a clip of the old show everyone knows, so I think this role is harder to any person cast as wonder woman. With that said Andy Dick could have been cast as wonder woman and I'll still have more faith in them than Affleck. I'm less concerned with Gal.

No, there was nothing in MOS to say whether magic exists in this universe or not. It simply wasn't mentioned at all. So it could very well exist, there was just no reason for it to be in THAT PARTICULAR movie. It's the same thing with Kryponite. Some people seem to be making the huge leap from "it wasn't in MOS" to "it doesn't exist in this universe AT ALL," and that's not necessarily the case. The plot of one particular movie didn't need it, that's all.

No, there was nothing in MOS to say whether magic exists in this universe or not. It simply wasn't mentioned at all. So it could very well exist, there was just no reason for it to be in THAT PARTICULAR movie. It's the same thing with Kryponite. Some people seem to be making the huge leap from "it wasn't in MOS" to "it doesn't exist in this universe AT ALL," and that's not necessarily the case. The plot of one particular movie didn't need it, that's all.
It's funny how some folks seem to think that ONE story in ONE movie can dictate how an entire fictional universe will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"