Justice League Ben Affleck Offered to Direct Justice League

Thank goodness Afleck isn't on this.

Such a choice would be as aimless as getting the talented Campbell on GL. If they don't have an affinity for the material stop pretending they do. I can see a world where Afleck like Nolan kinda melds his sensibilities into a Batman series(not without it's faults, mainly the more comicbook elements) but not this. WB needs to stop messing up on this front.

Avengers worked for a few reasons, one of which being it was developed by one of the best comic book writers around who will every day profess his love for the medium. If you want that sort of success find someone similar. At this point they have a few people working for their studio who approach such a criteria and can handle big fun genre pictures.

Del Torro
Peter Jackson
Snyder is the obvious choice. (Another Nolan god fathered outing would be met with nothing but safe praise yet again).

Ben Freaking Afleck seriously?

I would actually put Brad Bird at the head of that list, myself. More than any other name director, I'd love to see him do a live action superhero film ( though I'd prefer he do an MCU Fantastic Four reboot :p ).

I'm still waiting to see bird prove himself. MI4 was hyped to high heaven, not that it failed but it wasn't as good for me as I was told to think it was(that last scene was like a cartoon). As for his animated films, they're a collaborative effort more than anything else. As an animator I've seen first hand the sheer amount of editing that goes on before production even begins.(story boarders are the unsung heroes of the bird films imo).

Still he'd be a far better choice than Afleck. And yes he'd be fantastic on FF(pun), granted he already made the film for pixar.

Ben Affleck would be amazing choice for this movie! The Town was amazing and I feel like if he directed this movie, there's like 70% chance that the movie will not suck. But I don't think he's the type of director that would direct comic-book movies, so I'm not surprised he turned down the offer (if its not a rumour).

It doesnt matter anyway because he flat out said NO in an interview. Hey, at least he said Justice League was going to be cool. So maybe he read the script, or they pitched him the movie and he thought it was neat but declined because he has other things lined up, etc.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1694681/ben-affleck-justice-league.jhtml

"What happens is that there's a lot of bloggers and Internet interest around superhero movies, so there's regularly a rumor that comes up. Obviously [with regard to] 'Justice League,' once 'Avengers' happened, they think, 'Well, it would be crazy not to make "Justice League," ' and I'm sure they will," Affleck explained of the genesis of that particular rumor. "I guess I should be flattered, and I'm sure it will be cool. I've seen some of the stuff from the new 'Superman' movie, and that stuff is awesome. I think they took a really cool, real approach to Superman, which no one has done before, so if that trend continues, I'm sure 'Justice League' will be great."

if affleck were in full control of jl, it would still be based off of snyder's setup. not sure how much could be changed, but suppose the editing would improve

Goddammit this unnecessary thread bump completely fooled me for a second. I was wondering why in the first couple posts people were hoping Ben sticks to directing and not starring.

Fun read nonetheless.

Personally I think Affleck would be seen as being close to as responsible for BvS as Snyder to some. I'm not sure if he were to be announced the new director, that people would automatically assume an elevation in quality for jl. :o

Trust me, no one's ever gonna look at Affleck the same way they look at Snyder. I guarantee that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"