Why Can't DC Get it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and that did so well at the theaters because ...

Last edited:
No it doesn't.....not in the bigger picture of things

but im not ashamed to say I liked it

The Losers just had too many quips. I'm sorry, jokes don't equal character development.

It just didn't have a strong enough following. It had a good plot and a lot of funny moments, but the names behind the cast just wasn't enough to make it a block buster.

I'll see it, but probably on one of the cable channels. I tend to enjoy movies my expectations are not high on. The Spirit, for example.

I think my problem with The Loser was the director. again, The Loser was fun, but it felt tooooo light. Something was missing. It felt like they were trying tooo hard.

I honestly don't think his adaptation of Ronin will ever see the light of day. I don't think he's that talented despite being a colleague of Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry.

I think my problem with The Loser was the director. again, The Loser was fun, but it felt tooooo light. Something was missing. It felt like they were trying tooo hard.

I hated The Losers villain. I figure he was supposed to be campy but he did absolutely nothing for me. Also, the ending battle was OTT, what with that guy flying into the plane's engine on his motorcycle. Everything else about the movie was good.

This is why DC can't get it right:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=23674

:argh: John's said they were in talks of making a JLA awhile back without Supes and Bats but I'm guessing since Nelson doesn't want it to happen, he just has to show unity and say it won't happen. And I can't believe he said that DC's characters are bigger than Marvel's which I really don't think is true. I think Bats and Spidey are tied thanks to MTV, Supes is now tied for second with Wolverine, then there's everyone else. But Marvel has done a better job at getting their characters out there and DC can only blame the WB for not getting their's out there. I can't believe they were thinking about making a Blue Beetle cartoon. :huh: Other than comic fans, who'd know of him? But honestly with WW, it's the a step in the right direction because DC is whooping Marvel's arse on the small screen big time, and direct to dvd as well.

everyone knows who Superman is....kids in Nicaragua working in Nike factories, show them a Superman logo and they know exactly who you're talking about

ask a general person to name a superhero....and Superman is the first thing theyre going to say

and there shouldn't be a JL movie without Superman and Batman IMO

Superman is known but he isn't as popular as Batman or Spiderman. Geez, most people think he's corny. That's what I mean by popularity.

More overreaction. I don't think he's saying DC characters are bigger in terms of being more famous, just that in story terms he sees DC's characters as inhabiting a bigger standalone space, if you will, whereas the Marvel Universe is more tight-knit and given to characters being concentrated together.

Also, there's no reason to think that a Justice League film is off the table for good. They're just not working up to one in the same building block way that Marvel is. Once more of the solo films are up and running they can develop a JLA film if they wish to at that point.

I really have high expectations for Green Lantern. It's looking like it's going to be a mix of Star Wars/Iron Man, in a way. I'm hoping it'll be right up there with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight in terms of DC's CBMs. :D I think Batman Begins is probably my all time favorite CBM so far. If GL is amazing and the new Superman film is amazing, then they've put out 6 epic CBM's, In my opinion. That being: Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Green Lantern, and Superman (2012)

I think DC can do better with stand alone films. As someone else said, I think their characters fit better for it than Marvel's do.

Bah! I would really like to see Peterson's World's Finest movie. That would have been epic.

Y'know, if WB actually gives Superman, Batman, Flash and Green Lantern films on the quality level of Batman Begins and Dark Knight, then this approach will be absolutely justified.

That said, I highly doubt it will.

WB did give Green Lantern a bigger budget than TDK (Marketing not included), and greenlighted a sequel so I do believe they do have faith in GL.

I don't quite know about the others yet.

TDKR has 15 reviews in at RT and it is sitting at 100% fresh. They certainly know how to make troll proof Batman films. I will tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"