Why can't Jor-El be seen on screen?

TPTB did say something about not being able to show Krypton or Jor-El. But they are gunna be able to get around it next season!!!!!!! I heard a rumor that we'll be seeing Jor-El in human form!

Jlandsw said:
TPTB did say something about not being able to show Krypton or Jor-El.
That was all pre Singer. McG and Abrams' script was Krypton heavy, so to avoid potential grievous mythology clashes (LOL), SV was prevented from showing Krypton or Kryptonians, including Lara & Jor-El. That restriction was lifted after Singer came on board though, which is why Kryptonians besides the Last Son "keep popping up" on SV now. ;)

AgentPat said:
That was all pre Singer. McG and Abrams' script was Krypton heavy, so to avoid potential grievous mythology clashes (LOL), SV was prevented from showing Krypton or Kryptonians, including Lara & Jor-El. That restriction was lifted after Singer came on board though, which is why Kryptonians besides the Last Son "keep popping up" on SV now. ;)

Ohhhhhhhh ok, thats awesome. Now can I ask you a question???? What about the Superman theme??(not to get too off topic) I heard somthing like SV wasn't allowed to use the Superman Theme because of the movie. Is that true? And if it is, will it be lifted after the movie comes out?

Jlandsw said:
Ohhhhhhhh ok, thats awesome. Now can I ask you a question???? What about the Superman theme??(not to get too off topic) I heard somthing like SV wasn't allowed to use the Superman Theme because of the movie. Is that true? And if it is, will it be lifted after the movie comes out?

They already have. They don't use the entire theme, but in snippets and variation. I think the most obvious was Rosetta? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). They sneak it in the background quite often when he's doing or around something very mythos based.

KikiDee said:
They already have. They don't use the entire theme, but in snippets and variation. I think the most obvious was Rosetta? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). They sneak it in the background quite often when he's doing or around something very mythos based.

Oh yea I know that. Actually in Rosetta they used both the Superman and Krypton themes. But when the SR movie was in production, I heard something about Smallville no longer being able to use those themes because of conflicts with SR. Thats why I rarely hear the theme in SV anymore, and if they do play it, its subtle to the point where you almost don't realize or hear it.

They use the theme all the time.. its just usually subtle, you have to listen for it.

The only time they played the theme this season was Arrival and Lockdown. And yeah, it was very subtle. I bet no one noticed it in Lockdown (during the hospital scene with Lex and Lana, and Clark comes out of the elevator)

Jlandsw said:
The only time they played the theme this season was Arrival and Lockdown. And yeah, it was very subtle. I bet no one noticed it in Lockdown (during the hospital scene with Lex and Lana, and Clark comes out of the elevator)

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you were asking. I haven't read anything on that front so I guess we'll see. I agree you definitely don't hear it as much this season.

Jlandsw said:
...But when the SR movie was in production, I heard something about Smallville no longer being able to use those themes because of conflicts with SR. That's why I rarely hear the theme in SV anymore, and if they do play it, its subtle to the point where you almost don't realize or hear it.
Nah. They can still use it if they want, but they have to pay to do so, which is probably why we don't hear the actually (full) melody used all that much. Snow just hints around at it using similar orchestration and timbres.

I don't know all of the intricate little details, but quite a few restrictions were lifted post Singer, which is good. They still have the big stuff regarding Lois and her relations - or lack thereof (LOL) with Clark - but that's all par for the course and makes sense. JLA restrictions (no Bruce/Batman etc.) are because of existing or pending films. The "no flights no tights" rule is self-imposed, however...

So um... Yeah! I'm looking forward to next season, ahuh. ;)

AgentPat said:
Nah. They can still use it if they want, but they have to pay to do so, which is probably why we don't hear the actually (full) melody used all that much. Snow just hints around at it using similar orchestration and timbres.

I don't know all of the intricate little details, but quite a few restrictions were lifted post Singer, which is good. They still have the big stuff regarding Lois and her relations - or lack thereof (LOL) with Clark - but that's all par for the course and makes sense. JLA restrictions (no Bruce/Batman etc.) are because of existing or pending films. The "no flights no tights" rule is self-imposed, however...

I'll second that.:up:

And lets hear an "Aye" for them breaking the no flights rule.:D

AgentPat said:

They should play the theme at the last scene of the last episode of smallville. or when and if he gets his suit!!!

Can someone explain to me how a WB movie cant share the same themes and ideas as a WB tv show.
anyone willing to bet that the Star Wars tv will have the same themes and ideas as the movies.

roach said:
Can someone explain to me how a WB movie cant share the same themes and ideas as a WB tv show.
anyone willing to bet that the Star Wars tv will have the same themes and ideas as the movies.

IDK, they're weird like that. It has to do with copyrights and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"