Why do you hate Wolveirne?

foxx5

LoganFiles.com Creator
Reaction score
Calm down, I'm curious as why there is so many Wolverine haters, I understand that Marvel has ****ed the character so much, just to make a buck, but is that a reason to hate Wolverine or shouldn't you hate Marvel for that?

I also understand that Wolverine was once a lethal character and they only way to establish new heroes and villains was to make them beat up Wolverine, then everyone would think the new character was interesting and an actual threat. And ever since they did this, it seems that nobody thinks that Wolverine is a good fighter. Plus the fact that writers have Wolverine jump chin first into fights, or running through a barrage of bullets because, oh well he has a healing factor he can take it. i hate that. If they wrote Wolverine actually how he was in his first appearance, they would be more on track then what they are doing now. In his first appearance Wendigo and Hulk couldn't even hit Wolveirne, what happen to that Wolveirne?

Did everyone forget that Wolveirne is a a trained by canandian military, US military, secret agents for both countries, trained SHIELD agent, trained X-Men and Avenger and not to mention all his globe travels and training in most forms od martial arts. We havn't even got to his powers, which a make him nearly imposiable to kill, a healing factor that can heal most anykind of wound, adamantium bones, that cant be crushed or cut and 6 razor sharp adamantium claws that can cut almost anything.

Please tell me why you hate or like Wolveirne, I want to better understand the comic community, thanks.

I like the character. I'm not a fan of his overexposure but i dont have a problem with him walking into fights chin first.
His healing factor is simply more powerful than it used to be. Thats no surprise mutants do get more powerful over time. Look at Bobby Drake. Originally he just covered himself in Ice and threw snowballs. Now he's considered an Omega level mutant (if a lazy one).

Or jean grey who originally couldnt lift any more weight with her teke than she could physically. Later on she was able to telekinetically throw buses and cars around no problem.

If their powers got better why shouldnt logans? And as good as it's gotten it makes sense that he just takes hits cause he knows he can.
I'd do the same.

What i'd like to see though is him using his skills more often, not just because he has them but because he's up against stuff that he cant deal with by leading with his chin. If you're gonna make the character bigger and badder put him up against bigger and badder threats to match.

Vanguard07 said:
What i'd like to see though is him using his skills more often, not just because he has them but because he's up against stuff that he cant deal with by leading with his chin. If you're gonna make the character bigger and badder put him up against bigger and badder threats to match.

I agree and understand that he can take the hits, but with someone with his training, he dosen't have too. YES, let him have to get into a situation where he can't afford to get hit and so he has to fall back on his training and kick some butt.

maybe thats why created the maramesa blade that can cut through adamantium, he wants to put Wolveirne in a situation, where he is actully at rist of dying and Wolveirne will have to put his hundred yaers of experiance to use.

I remember everytime I watched the cartoon he would always get his ass kicked

It's not that I hate Wolverine, it's just that I am really sick of his overexposure.

Even though Wolverine is being overexposed, no one can deny that he is a truly outstanding character.

Kaleb said:
I remember everytime I watched the cartoon he would always get his ass kicked

Watch it again...as much as I love the character and loved him on there, they shouldn't of put him on a kids show.

There will be times when he looks at someone, pulls his claws out and jumps at them. And when it switches scenes, his claws are gone and he's punching them (because obviously you can't have him cutting people's heads off on a kids show).

It got so ridiculous it was funny.

The core character is very awesome. However, through time and them ****ing him out, he has grown to nothing more than a laughing stock.

Wolverine has almost become a self-parody. This is what I don't like. His healing prowess has become so exaggerated, his toughness so overblown, his popularity so stretched, that he is a pale shadow of who he should be.

He needs to be cut away from alot of books. They need to define once and for all, on one level, just what he can do and to what level his abilities work. It's time to pin him down and give us one single version of Wolverine.

Cyclops said:
Wolverine has almost become a self-parody. This is what I don't like. His healing prowess has become so exaggerated, his toughness so overblown, his popularity so stretched, that he is a pale shadow of who he should be.

He needs to be cut away from alot of books. They need to define once and for all, on one level, just what he can do and to what level his abilities work. It's time to pin him down and give us one single version of Wolverine.
Exactly. I don't hate Wolverine, I hate the overexposure.

So far i got

6 say he is overexposed
and
1 or 2 that say he gets his butt kicked in the cartoon

for the overexposed people I say this, Marvel cut Wolveirne out of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men and currently his main titles are New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, Wolveirne and Wolverine Origins, I collect all of those except for the Avengers, because I dont think he belongs there, but what do you think, would you cut more titles or does marvel have it right, now.

for those of you who say he got his butt kicked int he cartoon, which cartoon, i used to watch the 90's one and he seemed to hold his own, but I never followed the evelution series, which cartoon are you talking about?

I think all the problems with Wolverine bar one have been mentioned. He often gets written badly. Truthfully he should be a T+ character only and he is written badly most of the time, ****ed out, overexposed. I think everyone has been right.

- Whirly

Cyclops said:

I think cyclops nailed it right there. Wolverine has become invinceble character. they need to tone him down a bit and then he will be fine.

the problem with wolverine is that he's supposed to be this and he's supposed to be that but he's just written conviniently all too often.

for someone being the best that he is, i think he's been beaten up by pretty much every major hero.

and with this he pulls out crappy victories like taking lobo in battle, i mean c'mon.

dude's got limitations, personally as a fighter in a serious bout, i would never bet against wade wilson taking wolverine.

did i also mention how much his healing factor fluctuates to fit in with the relevant story. it needs to be grounded big time cause it just makes him look sloppy considering other heroes are doing what he's doing and aren't having to be as sloppy ie take as many hits of the lethal variety.

foxx5 said:
So far i got

6 say he is overexposed
and
1 or 2 that say he gets his butt kicked in the cartoon

for the overexposed people I say this, Marvel cut Wolveirne out of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men and currently his main titles are New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, Wolveirne and Wolverine Origins, I collect all of those except for the Avengers, because I dont think he belongs there, but what do you think, would you cut more titles or does marvel have it right, now.

for those of you who say he got his butt kicked int he cartoon, which cartoon, i used to watch the 90's one and he seemed to hold his own, but I never followed the evelution series, which cartoon are you talking about?

He's also in Ultimate X-Men and Wolverine: Origins is crap.

To cut down on Wolverine's overexposure Marvel should get cancel of Wolverine: Origins and cut him from New Avengers. Then give a few other X-Men solo books such as Nightcrawler, Cyclops, or someone for christ sakes

I didn't know I did hate him. I was pretty sick of him in the 90's. He was appearing in every title and people who never read a comic in their life were getting Wolverine tattoos and t-shirts. He was overplayed and I got sick of seeing him. Now, I don't mind so much.

He's my favorite X-Men and one of my favorite characters. I like how he is on the New Avengers, but the reason I think people dis-like him is because he is over-used. The only suggestion I give to them is not to buy the comics then, its simple.

Also, if he helps bring in money to Marvel, why replace him with a not so popular character that brings in less money?

foxx5 said:
Calm down,

Please tell me why you hate or like Wolveirne, I want to better understand the comic community, thanks.

(Smile)
I like his "Ideal"

I dislike his overexposure and warping of his powers.
I dislike his ever fluxuating fighting skill level.

I don't care how good he is at what he does,... there are some heroes that can handle him easily w/o heat,... and these heroes have a healthy over-rated respect of his claws.

As long as he is fan-driven to be able to take on the hulk or survive ground zero on a tactical nuke,.... Or Tag spiderman on his best day,... I'm going to dislike the character.

I don't like him because he's so one-dimensional now; all fight, no story.

Kotagg said:
I don't like him because he's so one-dimensional now; all fight, no story.

Origin wasnt too long ago and Origins just started (bad art, but good story so far). I thought his role in House of M was a redeemable part of that ****storm.

As an Avenger, I wish he was a little less available. I wish he was a little more available on the X-Men, although I like the direction of lead characters in the X-Men books (Cyke, Frost, Havok, Rogue).

I can deal with wolverine even if he is over exposed. It's wolverine fanboys who say the most ignorant crap that irritate me.

Yeah, Wolverine can beat the Silver Sufer, uh huh, right

I hate *Ultimate* Wolverine, but that's only 'cause he sucks.

He's a cool guy. I didn't like it when he sorts killed Northstar, but that's like the only objectionable thing I can think of right now.

I don't hate Wolverine, I hate that he's always the focus. The only book he should be #1 in is his own.

Overexposure.

Extremely Exagerated Healing Power

Sparta* said:
Even though Wolverine is being overexposed, no one can deny that he is a truly outstanding character.

Most definitely. Yeah he's out there everywhere, but it's because he's popular, which isn't a black mark against the character at all. The guy's kickass, I love the concept and the recent in-depth character development he's been getting i.e. getting his past back, defeating guys like Silver Samurai with more than just 'hack n slash' and then going toe to toe with the Winter Soilder.

Most people tend to hate things that are popular, for no more reason that it's popular. If the guy's got THAT big a fanbase, and he does, then you expect them to milk that popularity. As to the fanboys, yeah they're kinda sad, but they're no worse than the Batman fanboys and 'prep time'. Most character pushed into the lime light by the amount of fans they have always seem to possess a cluster of extermist. Either way, just because you don't like a guy doesn't discount canon.

No way should Cap beat people who have a Cosmic Cube, it's waaay out of his league, but he does it. Logan's no different except the bias against him, preconcieved notions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"