Iron Fist Why doesn't Danny &....? (thru epis.8 spoiler)

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
So we see Claire meets with Danny and tells him its crazy to go after the hand by himself. So my questions is why doesn't Claire contact Matt or Luke to help him? Yes, I know its not the Defenders yet, but with a drug so deadly I am sure Matt & Luke would be into stopping it. Especially after Matt had dealings with Madame Gao.

Luke is in jail.

yep. that's why when he ask her if she is seeing someone and she says no he's unavailable (he's in jail), but she also knows Jessica and Matt, and she knows Matt's personal interest with The Hand- so I too wondered why she didn't at least let Matt know, that would seem logical based on past events.

She doesn't really know Jessica that well. They met once really and she probably doesn't know how much help she'd be at this point.

I mean...she should've called Matt the moment Luke went to the police precint so Luke had some legal representation.

I think Matt might have gone away from Hell's kitchen since dd s2.

It really isn't her place to involve them. Its like in the MCU solo movies after the Avengers. People bring up why didn't Stark contact one of them in IM3, or Thor in Thor2, or Cap in Cap 2. The mission is personal and the hero likely would not want to involve outsiders.

To me it depends on what kind of state Matt is in after Daredevil season 2. Matt's world is fractured, but it doesn't seem as though he was planning on laying low so he's still potentially active as Daredevil at the time of the Irin Fist story. So it does pose a problem, but one that could of easily been solved by a line or two about him being busy or off the radar as far as Claire knows without seeming unbelievable.

Claire could of simply said Matt is off training off the grid somewhere which would of easily explained why she did not call for his help.

Luke is in prison and she barely knows Jessica Jones.

Matt is the big one here. Luke and Jessica are rather easy to explain (and others already have).

I was thinking that in the last episode Claire would make the suggestion to Danny that he gets help from the others to fight the Hand. I didn't want him going off to Kun Lun but to be getting ready to face his enemy instead and to also meet the others.

It seemed a bit odd the way Claire left in her final scene, as if it was just back to business for her.

Also the final episode should really have been about the Hand gaining reinforcements and preparing another strike, instead of being about Harold Meacham. It didn't feel like a proper season finale but as if it just stopped in the middle of a season or they ran out of story.

Matt probably still has his hands full trying to keep Hell's Kitchen in one piece. I'm sure there are still plenty of criminals who are trying to fill the power vacuum left by Wilson Fisk.

It would've been fine if they contacted him and he wasn't available. We don't have to actually see Matt. Just some narrative attempt would've been fine.

It's perfectly easy, Claire walks into a room and is like, "OK I've called Matt's cell and office number two dozen times, but his office number is disconnected or something and he's not answering his cell."

His office number being disconnected makes sense. He was barely keeping his private practice afloat last season. These are simple, easy fixes the writing team didn't take the effort to do.

I was wondering about this myself. (Still making my way through the series)

I think Claire's involvement feels really forced in IF. I felt her inclusion in JJ and LC was pretty seamless but this isn't. When she doesn't mention Matt by name or even say "Hey, I know a guy who's a good fighter that has issues with the Hand, let me try to cal him" it made it even more glaring.

The thing is you can BS any number of explanations for it, something as subtle as saying "my friends not picking up" a real quick line and immediately move on would have done wonders. Who knows, they could have filmed such a scene and was just cut out for any number of reasons. It wouldn't be annoying if it weren't for Claire being so active in the season.

Yeah as I just said, you could've had Claire attempting to contact Matt multiple times, but like he wasn't available. We don't even know if Matt's office is still afloat.

I'm just really bothered with how dumbed down they've made Claire in this series. It's like she serves one purpose and that's to be annoying. I've never not liked her on screen before.

Is it just me or is Claire really getting on your nerves with this whole grounded & motherly 'voice of reason' shtick. We get it already with her POV, but at the end of the day she's a damn nurse. The writers need to step up their game in regards to Claire, her character is wearing thin.

Last edited:
I did find her a bit more annoying in Iron Fist. She tends to over-moralize a lot. Also, she could've tried to call Matt Murdock ONCE at least.

- Started out great in DD S1 and JJ.

- Become a bit of an echo in DD S2.

- Evolved somewhat in LC but still had the over-moralizing (annoying) trait

- In Iron Fist she went of a cliff and became much more of a gimmick who just got in the way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, why was she going to China with Danny and Colleen? And listen, I like Rosario Dawson. She's a great actress. But her character isn't a vigilante either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"