Why hasnt Capcom created another game like MvC2?

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
With Marvel vs Capcom 2 being as successful as it was, why hasnt Capcom done another 2D fighter to succeed it? Obviously they havent done a third game bc they lost the Marvel license but why not a Capcom VS Capcom game (with a different name)? I mean one that plays just like MvC2 and not Capcom Fighting Evolution. Just take all the Capcom characters that were in MvC2 and expand upon that. DMC needs to be represented and there are a ton of characters to pull from Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Star Gladiator, Rival Schools, Final Fight, Viewtiful Joe, Bionic Commando, Onimusha, among many. I think they should consider doing something like this after they complete Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (whenever that gets done). Redo all the sprites they have, add new characters, possibly add some new game modes, while keeping the great gameplay, maybe with a few tweaks, and release a spinoff series to the MvC one

I've always wanted to see a Capcom vs. Konami...

A next Gen Marvel Vs Capcom would be the shiiet. Instead we get crap like Marvel Nemesis.

Marvel vs. Capcom should be back in print.. I am insulted at the prices people try to charge for it...

I hope that now that EA is done making turd Marvel fighting games, Capcom re-acquires the Marvel fighting game license. They were the only developer who did anything worthwhile with it. Give me my MVC3, I say! Not another turd like Nemesis or that flop-in-the-making that EA aborted.

I hope that now that EA is done making turd Marvel fighting games, Capcom re-acquires the Marvel fighting game license. They were the only developer who did anything worthwhile with it. Give me my MVC3, I say! Not another turd like Nemesis or that flop-in-the-making that EA aborted.
I thought Activision had potential when they had the X-men license. I thought X-men Next Dimension was a step in te right direction and Id love to see how a next gen version of that would look like

X-Men TNG and the other Activision X-Men games were mediocre IMO. It wasn't that good even for a liscensed fighting game, and when compared to other games of the time like Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur 2, it was pure fail. Capcom is the only developer that has proven they know how to do Marvel brawlers right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"