Kvin Feige hints at MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3!!!!!11!!!ONE!1

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/893/893929p1.html

While this is in no way direct confirmation that a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in the works, Kevin Feige, President of Production at Marvel Studios did give fans a ray of hope to cling to before an official announcement is made. When asked if a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is possible someday Feige said, "Yes. And maybe sooner than you think."

An interesting note: Capcom has a title in the works in Japan called Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes. Because of various licensing issues with Tatsunoko it's virtually impossible that the game will ever make it stateside. Keeping that in mind, the graphics engine and fighting mechanics are already in place which would make it very easy to import Marvel characters and push the game out the door in a relatively short amount of time.

It could be interesting to say the least. Marvel have recently decided to totally change the way they license out their characters to video games. Also the big thing is that EA no longer hold the Marvel fighting licenses... Which was the big sticking point to a new MvC game.

I would prefer it to use the SFIV Engine though. Still I would give anything to get MvC3.

Bring it, would love some hyper 5 button motion 50 hit combo madness :).

I will get this one. MvC 2 is 75 bucks used on Ebay. I don't know why I didn't pick it up last time. Oh yeah they only released 10 copies I think.

Can't wait.

Capcoms roster was lame compared to Marvels, but so much has changed since MVC2.

Now we can get MORE characters from Resident Evil (Leon and Chris are welcome), Dante drom Devil May Cry and also characters from games like Onimusha, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.

Mavel can replace crappy characters like Cable, Storm, and Marrorw with decent characters, such as Thor, Daredevil, Electra, Blade, Ghostrider and Punisher, all of which would make an excellent addition to a 2D fighting game.

Can't wait.

Capcoms roster was lame compared to Marvels, but so much has changed since MVC2.

Now we can get MORE characters from Resident Evil (Leon and Chris are welcome), Dante drom Devil May Cry and also characters from games like Onimusha, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.

Mavel can replace crappy characters like Cable, Storm, and Marrorw with decent characters, such as Thor, Daredevil, Electra, Blade, Ghostrider and Punisher, all of which would make an excellent addition to a 2D fighting game.
Elektra and Blade equal the definition of lame. Cable was great in the last game and needs to stay. Also Capcom had a great lineup. I didnt find them lame at all.

Elektra and Blade would be fun as hell to play with in a 2d fighting game.
And Cable needs to go, aside from being a lame character to begin with, he is the easiest and cheapest character for button mashing n00bs.
Capcoms roster was good for it's time, but lame now considering all the great characters they could include if they released it NOW.

If this becomes a reality I hope Capcom steps up their game and have some REAL alternative costumes and not just some lame color swaps. They don't even have to have any special upgrades.

As for characters, Thor, DD, FF, and the Punisher deserve/need to be part of the roster. I never cared for Storm in the game but I hope she stays since I like her as a character and she's Marvel's top female character.

블라스;15375254 said:
There's many things I hate about the Marvel universe, and Cable is way up there.
Cable rocks. He's my 4th favorite X-man. He was easily one of the best characters in MvC2

Cable is as whack as his creator, Rob Liefield.
He represents the lowest, saddest time in the history of Marvel

I wanna play as Wiccan or Hulkling...or maybe both at the same time...:wow:

Hulkling could actually be all The Young Avengers in one!

People are going to be in for a huge dissapointment as far as the roster goes. Dont expect a 60+ roster like we had with MvC2. The only reason why that, that was possible was bc alot of those characters were near decade old sprites "copied and pasted" from their other titles into MvC2. There were only a few new sprites created just for that game. Its 2008 and what Capcom did back then with MvC2 wont fly now, especially with the games in HD now. They will have to start from scratch and we'll be lucky to get close to 30ish characters.

From a game makers perspective, it would be incredibley quick and easy for them to start from scratch with 100+ new characters. It's 2D, this isn't Street Fighter 4.
Hell, I could produce a 2D fighting game BY MYSELF and have it finished within a year..

From a game makers perspective, it would be incredibley quick and easy for them to start from scratch with 100+ new characters. It's 2D, this isn't Street Fighter 4.
Hell, I could produce a 2D fighting game BY MYSELF and have it finished within a year..
You really think its that easy and quick to do? Thats why Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, a remake of a 15 yr old game, came out last fall as originally scheduled.....

What??? That game hasn't even been in development that long.

What??? That game hasn't even been in development that long.
It was first announced last April. The game was supposed to come out in fall of 2007 but then got delayed to early 2008, then it got delayed to spring and now its scheduled to come out this fall. If you dont remember, check out the old thread for it:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=270524&highlight=street+fighter+remix

US, April 13, 2007 - Street Fighter II on the Xbox Live Arcade has generated more revenue than any other XBLA game, according to Capcom. That can only mean one thing; more Street Fighter games are on the way. Along with an updated version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom announced its intentions to bring Super Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix to both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this fall.

Contrary to what you think it takes a long time to create and animate hand drawn 2D sprites and backgrounds, especially with the level of quality thats expected now. Its easier to do 3D which is one of the reasons why so many series have gone the 3D route and very few even still do 2D sprites now. They finished up Street Fighter IV before SSF2T HD Remix bc its taking so long to perfect that. At the rate things are going, it looks like the home consoles will get IV before HD remix

all i can say is, god yes!

however, they should tone some characters down and up some others; cable and iron man were cheap as hell in the last game and i think spidey could be a little bit better.

People are going to be in for a huge dissapointment as far as the roster goes. Dont expect a 60+ roster like we had with MvC2. The only reason why that, that was possible was bc alot of those characters were near decade old sprites "copied and pasted" from their other titles into MvC2. There were only a few new sprites created just for that game. Its 2008 and what Capcom did back then with MvC2 wont fly now, especially with the games in HD now. They will have to start from scratch and we'll be lucky to get close to 30ish characters.

If that's the case than Capcom will more than likely take the EA route and just choose those who've had and will have a movie. Unless someone seriously drops the ball, Thor is a lock for this game.

I dont think it would be 2D sprites anyway. They could probably use their upcoming title, Tatsunoko vs Capcom as a base for MvC3. This is exactly how I picture MvC3 looking

ta46.jpg

capcom_tvsc5.jpg

ta50.jpg

tat11.jpg

tat36.jpg

tat42.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members