Why is Hype so slow?

Is the Hype a slow piece of **** for anyone else today ?

Seems to me that this forum is experiencing some technical problems this morning; some of my posts have produced duplicates within the same thread and I also encountered database error after I submit a post.

Anybody else having issues with the Hype today? I'm getting the script error in the attached pic.

I'm running Firefox and I'm not having problems with any other sites.

Attachments

• hype.JPG
    hype.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 10
Anybody else having issues with the Hype today? I'm getting the script error in the attached pic.

I am not getting that message, but the page is locking up for a few seconds whenever I load a new page here.

do you remember what thread(s) you saw this in?

i also have the same problem. i get the same message.

do you remember what thread(s) you saw this in?

It's pretty much everywhere. If I had to guess, it has something to do with the ad banner at the top of the page. The script error says Yahoo in it and the ad at the top is for Yahoo movies. They have been troublesome in the past.

I'm certain it's that Yahoo movies ad. It was making the front page lag earlier and the forums have been doing so for a couple of days.

Yeah, I'm pretty much convinced that it's the Yahoo movie banner. I've gone in and out of the Hype a few times today and when I have problems, I see the Yahoo ad. When I don't have problems, it's a different ad.

I too think it's the Yahoo! ad.

I don't get the script error message, but my browser becomes virtually unresponsive, and just checking it out now it seems like it's whenever that ad pops up.

i've yet to see the yahoo ad, but i'll try to give everyone a heads up

I've been getting that screen lockup thing too. Just for a few seconds and then it's back to normal.

Is the Hype really lagging and really slow or is it just me? :(

It works from a proxy but I can't normally access here - it only happened today. Can anyone please give me some tips? I've alread cleared my cache, DNS caches, reinstalled browser and reinstalled modem and the Hype still keeps on loadin but nothing happens :(

EDIT: Never mind. Now it's working for some reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"